• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Feelings & Proof...

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Caty

When I was having bad thoughts and I came on here I described one so people on here could reasure me if it was the unforgiveable sin or not. I'm SO worried that I had a bad intention when I posted that thought, I'm trying to rememeber and nothing stands out but I can't help but think the "what if..." thing, but I keep having these strong feelings that I have done this terrible thing, I'm really scared. I know with ocd it's not good to read a bunch of different websites, but I just want to be reassured, it just seems like the ones that condem me are more logical, and I don't know why. I know you all have told me over and over that I'm okay but I'm afraid you all are just telling me that so I will not live in the fear of hell for the rest of my life, I know Jesus said come to me and I will in no wise cast you out, but I feel like that's not for or I wasted that or something. I feel like such a dissapointment to my mom and God & Jesus, I don't want my mom to know if I go to hell, cause it would hurt her really bad.

SoldierOfSoul

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2009
Narnia
✟12,809.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When I was having bad thoughts and I came on here I described one so people on here could reasure me if it was the unforgiveable sin or not. I'm SO worried that I had a bad intention when I posted that thought, I'm trying to rememeber and nothing stands out but I can't help but think the "what if..." thing, but I keep having these strong feelings that I have done this terrible thing, I'm really scared. I know with ocd it's not good to read a bunch of different websites, but I just want to be reassured, it just seems like the ones that condem me are more logical, and I don't know why. I know you all have told me over and over that I'm okay but I'm afraid you all are just telling me that so I will not live in the fear of hell for the rest of my life, I know Jesus said come to me and I will in no wise cast you out, but I feel like that's not for or I wasted that or something. I feel like such a dissapointment to my mom and God & Jesus, I don't want my mom to know if I go to hell, cause it would hurt her really bad.

That's right Caty He did say that, now why would He say that and not mean it, He is after all God and unable to lie, so it must be true! You have OCD Caty like all of us and these thoughts are going to continue but you must learn to rest in the assurance of your salvation, you have come to Jesus and He has promised that He will not turn His back on you. You are now forever in His care, like it or not you are HIS!

For He has said "that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." (John 3:15)

And He also says that "He who believes in Him is not condemned .."(John 3:18)

So you see you are not condemned and you have nothing to worry about because you believe in Jesus, there is nothing you can do that can separate you from Him Caty. You are His now, rest easy in that.

Upvote 0
C

Caty

I'm just afraid, because I always had doubts and stuff even though I was trying to change my ways and stuff and I used to love to read my bible and watch Joyce Meyer or any kind of preaching, now I try to avois it cause I'm so scared. That's why I'm afraid that if I didn't really come to him the right way or if I didn't really believe it in my heart then I could be in trouble.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfSoul

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2009
Narnia
✟12,809.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The devil is the only one who puts fear in our life not God Caty. The devils mission in his mind is to steal, kill and destroy mankind, but Christ has already conquered the devil, He has conquered fear too, God is love, and He is light and there is no darkness in Him. When these fears come over you about you salvation learn to reject them, do not doubt the saving power of Jesus in your life, that is what the devil wants you to do. You have come to the Cross and you are safe in the hands of Jesus.

Your OCD will make you doubt also, so I cannot put all the blame on the devil, OCD has been called the doubting disorder because no matter how much proof that you see your fears will try and continue to get you to doubt in whatever your trigger has manifested itself into. For you it is fear of a lost salvation, for me it is if I have said my prayers correctly, its all nonsense when you think about it, but we have this problem and we must deal with it.

You are spiritually safe Caty, relax, smile, make a faith statement in Christ as your Saviour. The goal is to believe in the Power of Christs forgiveness, regardless if these attacks of condemnation continue everyday for the rest of your life, you must stay grounded in Christs love for you. He will never cast you out and never turn His back on you, you are HIS for eternity, do not believe the lies of the devil and the doubts and fears of OCD, believe in the Power of Jesus to save you from all sin!

Reactions: pjspara
Upvote 0

SoldierOfSoul

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2009
Narnia
✟12,809.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm just afraid that I wasn't saved to begin with, even if you think i was...pretend I wasn't what if i had done something like that then, could i be forgiveable now, if i am repentant and want God?

Yes sure you could Caty! But I'm telling you this is just your OCD messing with you. If you asked Jesus into your heart, there is no need to do it again you are saved! Sealed by the Holy Spirit! Just because we sin or fall away for awhile does not mean we can't come back again, we are His and not our own! He longs for us to depend only on Him in faith and not on all these feelings that come and go.

But if you really feel the need to, you can rededicate your life back to Jesus, but you should not doubt your salvation every time you have a bad thought or if you sin, whatever. When you asked Jesus into your heart, then you are now His and He will keep you from ever falling away completely, you may sin or you may be struggling right now with a certain sin, but He is able to save us to the uttermost, just confess your sins to Him Caty and know that when you do that He forgives you. You don't have to keep asking for salvation He heard you the first time.:D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
C

Caty

I just keep reading different things on the unforgiveable sin and they are all pretty clear as to what Jesus meant when he said what he said, blasphemey is blasphemey, to me it doesn't mean to ignore something, it means to say bad things about. Although I didn't come up with that thought for a bad purpose, if i posted that for a bad purpose it is the exaclty what Jesus meant. But then when I look at it the other way...If God loves me more that my mom if I asked her to forgive me then I know she would, I believe in Jesus, and I believe in God, I am repentant if I actually did it, I feel terrible because it's a bad thing to do, God says he saves everyone who repents and trust Jesus, the Bible says that Jesus died for all sin if you believe on him, so if you believed on Jesus and you were not forgiven then wouldn't that mean that he didn't die for every sin??? You get what I'm trying to say, I just don't know which one to believe.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfSoul

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2009
Narnia
✟12,809.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Believe what the Bible says Caty, God is love and will and has forgiven all your sins, rest easy in that. Your OCD is really doing a number on you right now, but Jesus understands more about your situation then you do, pray to Him to reveal to you His love for you, and He will. The Gospel message is really simple Caty, believe on Jesus and be saved, that's all there is to it. Don't let your OCD make it seem more difficult then that, its not, Jesus is your Saviour and He loves you more than you will ever know and nothing can change that.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfSoul

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2009
Narnia
✟12,809.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Whatever Jesus meant by blaspheming the Holy Spirit, no one knows for certain, I for one as I have told you believe that it is a condition of the heart, a heart that has rejected Jesus, and therefore after the heart has rejected Jesus for salvation that makes it impossible for Him to be saved, in this world or the next, that seems to me the reason Jesus spoke those condeming words to the pharisees because that was the condition of there hearts, and after He said that, it did not faze them, because they had already rejected His salvation. Whatever He meant though, it could not mean something that we could say or a thought we think because then if we came to Him for forgiveness and He rejected us that would make all the scriptures a lie when it says that He died for all the sins of the world. And that whoever came to Him, would not be cast out. And also "whoever desires let him take the water of life freely."

So when Jesus said those words I believe He was speaking to people who reject salvation in the Lord until death, for like I said then it would be impossible for them to be saved for they rejected the only Person who could save them. You can't look at that one verse and base the forgiveness and love of God on it and not take into account all of the other hundreds of verses in the Bible that speak of the love, mercy, longsuffering nature and forgiving power of God. When you try to comprehend a verse in the Bible that is not straightforward you must look at the bible as a whole, then come to a conclusion, I hope that helps a little. God bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SoldierOfSoul

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2009
Narnia
✟12,809.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
everything helps me...thats the way I try to look at it...Jesus doesn't lie...but if we want him, repent, and trust him and we are not forgiven then that wouldn't make a lot of the verses in the Bible only half true? I'm gonna try to trust Jesus, I just feel like I'll find out for sure when I die.

Just trust in Him Caty, your faith will grow the more you trust and depend on Him for everything. Jesus did not ask us to trust in Him when we were absolutley sure of everything, He just said take up your cross and follow me and that is what we must do. But you taking this step of trusting in Him you will not regret, just get into the Word and study it, let the word be the food that will feed your soul. Your faith will grow, remember what Jesus said about the faith the size of a mustard seed, He said that with Him we could move mountains with that much faith! And Jesus can move mountains no matter what that mountain may be in your life. God be with you.

SoS

Upvote 0

RobertZ

Feb 26, 2009
Gastonia NC
✟4,414.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
i would love to start reading my Bible again and stuff but...I kinda feel like since I don't know for certain if I can be forgiven that it will be like something being dangled in front of me that I can never have. sorry i keep going on but it's harder when you're on this side of the fence.

Caty your not alone, im right there with you on this darling.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SoldierOfSoul

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2009
Narnia
✟12,809.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you think that God would allow someone to want/believe Jesus...if they couldn't be forgiven?

No I do not, everyone can be saved...but yes if we have the desire in our hearts to be saved that is from God, that is the Holy Spirit working on us. "Whoever desires let him take the water of life freely."

God doesn't want to play games with our feelings and such, He just wants us to come to the Cross of Christ. He wants to save as many as He can, and He will save all the ones He has predestined for the Kingdom. And if you find that desire in your heart, that is Jesus knocking on the door asking to come in.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.