• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Doubtful thoughts are hitting me hard. Trying to say new testament is evil and not true. Please help

Karabear10

Aug 14, 2022
✟27,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
My thoughts are asking what if the people who wrote the new testament were evil and its not true. Like they were demons.
This is so frustrating. I'm so upset and frustrated that I have these thoughts. They try and turn me away from Jesus and I hate it so much. How do I dispute these thoughts and get rid of them?? Please help. This is killing me right now

• Friendly
Reactions: Blaise N

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First the enemy is a lair so flip what he says :) If he says the NT writers were evil...that ya go God would never say that. The word says resist the enemy and he has to flee. See you don't know the power the authority you have. Christ gave you ALL POWER ALL AUTHORITY over the enemy and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Say fear pops up in the mist of fear you say NO God has not give me the spirit of fear but of power and love and a sound mind. Keep saying it.. it will leave. Like say your sad in the mist of sadness NO I have the joy of the lord. Or I am strong in the power of His might. I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.

See speak His word. Here is truth know this understand it...there is nothing out there that has the right to control us unless we allow it. Sing praise the Father of our lord Jesus Christ. You also have "And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." See GOD said it He has to do it.. its YOURS because you are His child. You have the favor of God which lasts a life time.

Mind.. so say.. God has not given me the spirit of fear but of power and love and a "SOUND MIND".

Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,627.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
My thoughts are asking what if the people who wrote the new testament were evil and its not true. Like they were demons.
This is so frustrating. I'm so upset and frustrated that I have these thoughts. They try and turn me away from Jesus and I hate it so much. How do I dispute these thoughts and get rid of them?? Please help. This is killing me right now
Intrusive thoughts come from the Romans 7 manifestation of sin, in that it dwells within the body.

Embodying the gospel is really the only way to find your own solution for this with God's help.

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,002.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Intrusive thoughts can be so disturbing, can't they? I've had some pretty bad ones before. What strategies have you learned for dealing with intrusive thoughts in your other obsessions?

Upvote 0

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hey Kara!

I wanted to tel you I’ve been in your shoes before and in a trial exactly like yours,and I pray for your comfort.I want to provide you some aiding info,first of all the apostles and acts church wrote the truth,the Bible is literally Gods words written on paper.And let me ask you this, why would so many people be transformed and experience the Holy Spirit if the New Testament were written by false men?
It sounds to me that what you’re suffering from is intrusive thoughts,and maybe some form of devilish manipulation of the weakness.Clint to the Lord my dearest sister!

Reactions: Karabear10
Upvote 0

Karabear10

Aug 14, 2022
✟27,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Intrusive thoughts can be so disturbing, can't they? I've had some pretty bad ones before. What strategies have you learned for dealing with intrusive thoughts in your other obsessions?
Sorry for just now replying! I try to ignore the thoughts, I really do. They just keep trying to get me prove them wrong. Like if I don't have proof then I won't be okay. That's how it makes me feel

Upvote 0

Karabear10

Aug 14, 2022
✟27,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Hey Kara!

I wanted to tel you I’ve been in your shoes before and in a trial exactly like yours,and I pray for your comfort.I want to provide you some aiding info,first of all the apostles and acts church wrote the truth,the Bible is literally Gods words written on paper.And let me ask you this, why would so many people be transformed and experience the Holy Spirit if the New Testament were written by false men?
It sounds to me that what you’re suffering from is intrusive thoughts,and maybe some form of devilish manipulation of the weakness.Clint to the Lord my dearest sister!
Thank you so much for your advice. I'm sorry for just now replying. Ocd really does make it so hard. It just always asks how do you know 10000%? Like how do I know for sureee the Bible is true? This is how my ocd works. It just gives me constant uncertainty. And what if thoughts aren't always things I can prove aren't true. It's just so frustrating.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Blaise N
Upvote 0

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you so much for your advice. I'm sorry for just now replying. Ocd really does make it so hard. It just always asks how do you know 10000%? Like how do I know for sureee the Bible is true? This is how my ocd works. It just gives me constant uncertaint. And what if thoughts aren't always things I can prove aren't true. It's just so frustrating.
Here’s this kara.Jesus Is real,and he is no matter wether you can sense him or not,HE IS REAL.Itd a solid fact,I’d also like to point out that since you’re asking if he is real,that’s a certain sign you care for him.There’s countless evidence for Jesus.And other religions are false.Faith is a relationship not a religion,the Muslim God is a false God created by apostate Mohammed who took signs from the devil pretending to be Gabriel and made him write a religion completely contrary to Jesus,Hindus are broken,Buddhists are depressed,Jewish are dead in sins because they have no sacrifice for them,atheists are dead wrong,atheism is hopeless,sad, depressing,and empty.

Jesus is real and he is there!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟959,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
@Karabear10, are you
  1. being treated for OCD by a psychiatrist and
  2. attending a church that is good at dealing with mental illnesses?*
*Depending on where you are located, I might be able to recommend such churches.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟149,171.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you so much for your advice. I'm sorry for just now replying. Ocd really does make it so hard. It just always asks how do you know 10000%? Like how do I know for sureee the Bible is true? This is how my ocd works. It just gives me constant uncertainty. And what if thoughts aren't always things I can prove aren't true. It's just so frustrating.
Instead of arguing with your OCD, realize its OCD and ignore those thoughts.

Do not go into the rabbit hole of playing its game and arguing with it. Do not answer those thoughts/questions in your head, let them pass away. Or, answer them all with some quick word/thought. For example "Because!".

Meanwhile, concentrate on the cause of your OCD and try to solve it.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

Iaras

EPIGONE OF CHRIST
Oct 14, 2022
Davao
✟10,177.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for your encouragement. I hope you have peace brother from any problems you may be having as well.
HELLO KARA I'M IN THE SAME BOAT CAN I TALK TO YOU?

Upvote 0