• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

How do I tell God apart from my OCD?

Harley.

Jul 5, 2022
Us
✟42,228.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
For example, Im a music producer, I LOVE glorifying God through what I produce. I don't care much for money, power, or status, or even the "Ruler over much" that God promises the faithful. All I desire in eternity is to be able to write and produce music for God alongside other talented musicians. This thought almost brings me to tears, and has in the past as I have asked for it in prayer. But whenever I think about it, Ill get a sharp stab of pain, or I will feel like I need to cough. Like a sharp tickle in my throat. This scares me because it almost feels like God is telling me to let go of this dream as it wont happen. I can't tell if this is OCd or not. I really dont know if it is, since its controlling physical sensations, which I don't think OCD can do. Please help, Im relatively new to Christ, so I don't know God's character super well yet.

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟141,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For example, Im a music producer, I LOVE glorifying God through what I produce. I don't care much for money, power, or status, or even the "Ruler over much" that God promises the faithful. All I desire in eternity is to be able to write and produce music for God alongside other talented musicians. This thought almost brings me to tears, and has in the past as I have asked for it in prayer. But whenever I think about it, Ill get a sharp stab of pain, or I will feel like I need to cough. Like a sharp tickle in my throat. This scares me because it almost feels like God is telling me to let go of this dream as it wont happen. I can't tell if this is OCd or not. I really dont know if it is, since its controlling physical sensations, which I don't think OCD can do. Please help, Im relatively new to Christ, so I don't know God's character super well yet.
How have you been doing lately, Ggz?

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟67,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
This scares me because it almost feels like God is telling me to let go of this dream as it wont happen.
The only question is if we are giving praise, honor and glory to God or if we want to draw attention to ourselves. There is really nothing better than to worship God.

Upvote 0

Harley.

Jul 5, 2022
Us
✟42,228.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The only question is if we are giving praise, honor and glory to God or if we want to draw attention to ourselves. There is really nothing better than to worship God.
I would like to think God likes my music. My deepest most intimate desire is to produce music for God in eternity. If I could have anything I wanted it would be that. The ability to compose songs for the Lord.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟67,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I would like to think God likes my music. My deepest most intimate desire is to produce music for God in eternity. If I could have anything I wanted it would be that. The ability to compose songs for the Lord.
We are given our gifts, talents, and abilities at or before conception. The Bible says before the womb.

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations." (Jeremiah 1:5, NIV)

We are all called to worship and give praise, honor and Glory to God. We are to come boldly before the throne of Grace and that is how I pray. We have access to God's throne of grace through Jesus Christ.

The Bible says "Let us then approach God's throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." (Hebrews 4:16, NIV)

This verse encourages believers to approach God with boldness and confidence, knowing that they can receive mercy and grace from Him. It highlights the fact that we have access to God's throne of grace through Jesus Christ, who is our High Priest and intercedes on our behalf.

The phrase "throne of grace" refers to the idea that God is a gracious God who offers forgiveness, love, and mercy to those who seek Him. This verse reminds us that we can come to God with our needs and requests, knowing that He will hear us and respond with grace and compassion.

Overall, this verse encourages believers to approach God with boldness and trust, knowing that He is a loving and gracious God who desires to bless and help us in our time of need.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BlueSky2023

Apr 12, 2023
( ^◡^)っ
✟10,423.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Jeremiah 17:9 NHEB
The heart is deceitful above all things, and it is exceedingly corrupt: who can know it?
Proverbs 14:12 NHEB
There is a way which seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death.
Proverbs 12:15 NHEB
The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but he who is wise listens to counsel.
Proverbs 28:26 NHEB
One who trusts in himself is a fool; but one who walks in wisdom is kept safe.

Upvote 0

BlueSky2023

Apr 12, 2023
( ^◡^)っ
✟10,423.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Then why not do so? But if God intervenes, there must be a message He wants to convey. For instance, my sister-in-law wanted to purchase and operate her own vehicle, but after experiencing a second tragic accident that resulted in a fatality, it is probable that God is cautioning her against it, as it may potentially endanger her life or soul.

Upvote 0