pinkjess

There she goes...at the speed of sound
Feb 24, 2009
✟85,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I ended an online "relationship/friendship/flirtation" a week ago and feel conflicted inside because I am sad to let the person go. I have a lot of mixed emotions about it. I talked to him for a year and I hoped we would meet eventually but the opportunity never came about, or it was just put on the back burner. Anyways, I think what happened was the guy simply lost interest because I was a desperate ditz who had health problems and was annoying. I think he felt sorry for me because he knew I didn't have real life friends. It was my first "real relationship" that wasn't actually a relationship because we had never met. I'm 25 years old and never been kissed or dated anyone ever. Ha, how pathetic is that? There's people my age having their 2nd or 3rd kid and I sing to my cats and eat mayonnaise out of the jar.

I clung to this person a lot. He helped me through a lot of hard times that went on in my life. I told myself I knew he was meant for me and that I was going to be his wife someday. I wanted to be a good girlfriend to him. I guess my feelings were too strong because I think I was overbearing a lot of times. I could just text and text forever with him, never wanting it to stop. I daydreamed about us being together and I just wanted to be close to him all the time. It was like I was hooked on crack. But hey, isn't everyone's brain during the infatuation period? Except this infatuation period never really ended. At least not for me.

I ended it because I realized...reality. We live in different states, miles and miles away. My family didn't like him and told me I was never going to move if it worked out and if I did they would lock me up. A very close relative of mine is sick and has two kids, and I know if something happens to them or if they can't care for them anymore (heaven forbid) I would be the one to step in and help them. I couldn't marry this guy if it worked out between us anyway. And he is very immersed in his company and he didn't want to leave his state. Plus, I have health issues and as much as I wish I could be a wife someday, I know it may not be a wise undertaking. I can hardly manage caring for myself and my two cats. Plus I don't want to burden a man with my needs.

So you can see how easy it was for me to delve into this virtual romance. There was no risk attached, because it wasn't real.

I have no friends. I can't drive. I don't have any hobbies or interests that matter. I can't carry on a decent conversation. I never go anywhere. I just eat, sleep, consume, work for three days then sleep my weekends off. What kind of self-respecting man would want a woman like that? I'm boring and uninteresting. I feel like such a fool for thinking I had anything to offer. I feel like crap. It's embarrassing. I feel so ashamed of myself.

I don't know how to move on from this. I miss him. I want to talk to him again. I felt like he was my best friend. I have been managing without him, but I think about him every day. I miss his texts.

God is good

Oct 4, 2016
Michigan
✟201,885.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I ended an online "relationship/friendship/flirtation" a week ago and feel conflicted inside because I am sad to let the person go. I have a lot of mixed emotions about it. I talked to him for a year and I hoped we would meet eventually but the opportunity never came about, or it was just put on the back burner. Anyways, I think what happened was the guy simply lost interest because I was a desperate ditz who had health problems and was annoying. I think he felt sorry for me because he knew I didn't have real life friends. It was my first "real relationship" that wasn't actually a relationship because we had never met. I'm 25 years old and never been kissed or dated anyone ever. Ha, how pathetic is that? There's people my age having their 2nd or 3rd kid and I sing to my cats and eat mayonnaise out of the jar.

I clung to this person a lot. He helped me through a lot of hard times that went on in my life. I told myself I knew he was meant for me and that I was going to be his wife someday. I wanted to be a good girlfriend to him. I guess my feelings were too strong because I think I was overbearing a lot of times. I could just text and text forever with him, never wanting it to stop. I daydreamed about us being together and I just wanted to be close to him all the time. It was like I was hooked on crack. But hey, isn't everyone's brain during the infatuation period? Except this infatuation period never really ended. At least not for me.

I ended it because I realized...reality. We live in different states, miles and miles away. My family didn't like him and told me I was never going to move if it worked out and if I did they would lock me up. A very close relative of mine is sick and has two kids, and I know if something happens to them or if they can't care for them anymore (heaven forbid) I would be the one to step in and help them. I couldn't marry this guy if it worked out between us anyway. And he is very immersed in his company and he didn't want to leave his state. Plus, I have health issues and as much as I wish I could be a wife someday, I know it may not be a wise undertaking. I can hardly manage caring for myself and my two cats. Plus I don't want to burden a man with my needs.

So you can see how easy it was for me to delve into this virtual romance. There was no risk attached, because it wasn't real.

I have no friends. I can't drive. I don't have any hobbies or interests that matter. I can't carry on a decent conversation. I never go anywhere. I just eat, sleep, consume, work for three days then sleep my weekends off. What kind of self-respecting man would want a woman like that? I'm boring and uninteresting. I feel like such a fool for thinking I had anything to offer. I feel like crap. It's embarrassing. I feel so ashamed of myself.

I don't know how to move on from this. I miss him. I want to talk to him again. I felt like he was my best friend. I have been managing without him, but I think about him every day. I miss his texts.
Just remember that God really loves you and Jesus is always with you. I believe that if it's God's will for you to get married, it will happen, I am sure you have a lot to offer in a relationship, you are made in God's image and He sent His Son to die for you, you are very important. God bless you and Jesus is Lord.

Upvote 0

jacks

Er Victus
Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟662,746.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I sing to my cats and eat mayonnaise out of the jar.

I love that line! Anyone that does that can't be all bad. :) It is always difficult to end any social connection. However, please don't be so hard on yourself. You are a valuable, special person made in the image of God. Praying that this brings you closer to the Lord and you find that He will provide for you in His time.

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟994,590.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

I'm really sorry you're struggling so. :( My PM inbox is always open if you want someone to talk to. :hug::hug:

Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

You seem to do just fine carrying on a decent conversation here. Just sharing my observation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yes, you communicate very well. And you're more emotionally articulate than many.

No matter what your circumstances, you are a beloved daughter of the King. That's where it all starts for the Christian. Transformation begins in the inner man when you begin to understand who you are in Christ and take your identity from that rather than from what the world, the flesh and the devil have told / are telling you.

When that begins to become a reality, there is no telling what doors can open and what can happen. When your attitude is changed to the positive, possibilities can begin to present themselves, and you will increasingly recognize them as such and begin to take advantage of them.

You're still very young and have your whole life ahead of you. If you start moving in this direction with diligence, there is no telling what you can achieve.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pinkjess

Feb 24, 2009
✟85,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes, you communicate very well. And you're more emotionally articulate than many.

No matter what your circumstances, you are a beloved daughter of the King. That's where it all starts for the Christian. Transformation begins in the inner man when you begin to understand who you are in Christ and take your identity from that rather than from what the world, the flesh and the devil have told / are telling you.

When that begins to become a reality, there is no telling what doors can open and what can happen. When your attitude is changed to the positive, possibilities can begin to present themselves, and you will increasingly recognize them as such and begin to take advantage of them.

You're still very young and have your whole life ahead of you. If you start moving in this direction with diligence, there is no telling what you can achieve.
Thank you. I really appreciate that. I am trying to eat healthier and workout to improve my health and I am working on getting well enough to try for my driver's license so I can start volunteering like I have wanted to do for so long. I want to believe good things can happen again

• Optimistic
Reactions: truefiction1
Upvote 0

pinkjess

Feb 24, 2009
✟85,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
You're welcome. I'm curious, would you mind explaining how it is that your family can have you "locked up", as you said?
Well, it may have been a joke but it was my sister who said it when I told them about him visiting sometime and she misheard and thought I was talking about me visiting him. She said if I was going to talk about moving to where he lives she would lock me in her house to keep from going. She was pretty stern when she said it.

Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Well, it may have been a joke but it was my sister who said it when I told them about him visiting sometime and she misheard and thought I was talking about me visiting him. She said if I was going to talk about moving to where he lives she would lock me in her house to keep from going. She was pretty stern when she said it.
Oh, okay, that makes sense. But I don't know why they would dislike this guy so much so as to keep you from visiting him.

We have so many young people these days who can't seem to find girlfriends/boyfriends. It's especially true for young people looking for a Christian to be with.

Upvote 0