Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Reinhart signed off on the FBI’s warrant to search the former president’s palatial home in South Florida in what he said was an “unannounced raid on my home.” He took a leave of absence from a local U.S. Attorney’s office more than 10 years ago to represent employees of convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein after they had gotten immunity during the lengthy probe of the now-late financier for sex trafficking.
BREAKING: Judge Delivers Huge Ruling on Biden’s DOJ After Raiding Trump’s Mar-A-Lago Home
I think they should give Trump a copy of the warrant today.

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mahusay na! The FBI let them look at it down in Florida but refused to provide the Trump attorneys with a copy. See what public pressure can do!

You're citing Christiana Bobb (formerly with OAN), the same lawyer who suggested the FBI planted evidence? ^_^

Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟230,913.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Mahusay na! The FBI let them look at it down in Florida but refused to provide the Trump attorneys with a copy. See what public pressure can do!
The law requires that a copy of the warrant and a receipt for any property taken is given at the time it's served.

The Department of Justice has not revealed details about the search warrant that the FBI executed.

Legal experts say Trump’s lawyers are in possession of a copy of that search warrant and that they can disclose its contents if they choose. The warrant and a related affidavit in support of it would detail what the FBI was looking for and how the agency believed there was probable cause that a crime or crimes had been committed that related to that evidence.

But Trump’s team does not plan to release a copy of the warrant, a source close to Trump told NBC News.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/10/tru...erals-questions-in-probe-of-his-business.html

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The law requires that a copy of the warrant and a receipt for any property taken is given at the time it's served.
Trump's attorneys in Florida were only shown the warrant and not given a copy. So according to you the DOJ violated the law. Please cite the law for us, I know that for financial records that federal law requires a copy of the warrant be sent out within ninety days. I don't see why the DOJ would violate that law, perhaps you have made a mistake or the DOJ realized their mistake and has now provided a copy. The judge who issued the warrant has ordered the DOJ to release a copy. Has the DOJ complied or do they intend to violate the judge's order?

Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟230,913.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Trump's attorneys in Florida were only shown the warrant and not given a copy. So according to you the DOJ violated the law. Please cite the law for us
The DOJ didn't violate the law. Trump's attorneys have a copy and Trump knows exactly what the FBI was looking for and what they took. If the FBI failed to leave a copy of the warrant, Trump and his attorney's would be shouting it from the roof tops. Maybe Trump and his attorneys aren't sharing it because they won't be able to say this is some kind of "witch hunt" if people knew what the warrant contained.

(1) Warrant to Search for and Seize a Person or Property.

(A) Noting the Time. The officer executing the warrant must enter on it the exact date and time it was executed.

(B) Inventory. An officer present during the execution of the warrant must prepare and verify an inventory of any property seized. The officer must do so in the presence of another officer and the person from whom, or from whose premises, the property was taken. If either one is not present, the officer must prepare and verify the inventory in the presence of at least one other credible person. In a case involving the seizure of electronic storage media or the seizure or copying of electronically stored information, the inventory may be limited to describing the physical storage media that were seized or copied. The officer may retain a copy of the electronically stored information that was seized or copied.

(C) Receipt. The officer executing the warrant must give a copy of the warrant and a receipt for the property taken to the person from whom, or from whose premises, the property was taken or leave a copy of the warrant and receipt at the place where the officer took the property. For a warrant to use remote access to search electronic storage media and seize or copy electronically stored information, the officer must make reasonable efforts to serve a copy of the warrant and receipt on the person whose property was searched or who possessed the information that was seized or copied. Service may be accomplished by any means, including electronic means, reasonably calculated to reach that person.

Rule 41. Search and Seizure

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,448.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Trump's attorneys in Florida were only shown the warrant and not given a copy. So according to you the DOJ violated the law. Please cite the law for us, I know that for financial records that federal law requires a copy of the warrant be sent out within ninety days. I don't see why the DOJ would violate that law, perhaps you have made a mistake or the DOJ realized their mistake and has now provided a copy. The judge who issued the warrant has ordered the DOJ to release a copy. Has the DOJ complied or do they intend to violate the judge's order?
We only have a claim by Trump's attorney's that they didn't get a copy of the warrant. Considering that would be a violation of the federal rules of criminal procedure, and thus enough to get the evidence thrown out, I don't think that's likely.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This quote is from the article that you posted.

Another Trump lawyer, Christian Bobb, meanwhile, told streaming network Real America’s Voice: “When I arrived and kind of announced myself as the legal representation for President Trump. I asked to see a copy of the warrant.” Initially they refused and said, ‘You know, we don’t have to show it to you.’ And there was a little bit of an exchange...

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
We only have a claim by Trump's attorney's that they didn't get a copy of the warrant. Considering that would be a violation of the federal rules of criminal procedure, and thus enough to get the evidence thrown out, I don't think that's likely.
Rather than make unsubstantiated claims against Trump or his attorneys please cite the federal law that requires a copy of such a warrant be immediately provided.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,448.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Rather than make unsubstantiated claims against Trump or his attorneys please cite the federal law that requires a copy of such a warrant be immediately provided.
It's already been provided to you.

• Agree
Reactions: JosephZ
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This quote is from the article that you posted.

Another Trump lawyer, Christian Bobb, meanwhile, told streaming network Real America’s Voice: “When I arrived and kind of announced myself as the legal representation for President Trump. I asked to see a copy of the warrant.” “Initially they refused and said, ‘You know, we don’t have to show it to you.’ And there was a little bit of an exchange...
Yes, that's correct, the attorney asked to SEE a copy of the warrant. They initially would not let the attorney SEE the warrant. But when they eventually let the attorney SEE the warrant they REFUSED to provide a copy. As I said, someone was posted on this forum that Trump eventually received a warrant.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Reinhart signed off on the FBI’s warrant to search the former president’s palatial home in South Florida in what he said was an “unannounced raid on my home.” He took a leave of absence from a local U.S. Attorney’s office more than 10 years ago to represent employees of convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein after they had gotten immunity during the lengthy probe of the now-late financier for sex trafficking.
BREAKING: Judge Delivers Huge Ruling on Biden’s DOJ After Raiding Trump’s Mar-A-Lago Home
Your silly attempt to bring Trump’s deceased old friend to the discussion is noted.

Otherwise, this ruling is perfectly fine. The Judge is acting in his capacity to rule in a request. Now, it’s transparently silly to impute the Judge’s motive and then praise him for merely carrying out his constitutional duties.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,448.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Great, thank you, I missed that. So the refusal to provide a copy of the warrant to the Trump attorney when asked appears to violate federal law.
You know, upon further reading of the rule, I retract my earlier statement. The rule states that the warrant and receipt must be given to the person who owns the premises, which could include Trump's lawyers as his agent, but doesn't have to. Especially since electronic service is sufficient. So a simple email sent to Trump, in my reading, would have been enough to satisfy the Rule and thus they very well could have refused to give a copy to the lawyer.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You know, upon further reading of the rule, I retract my earlier statement. The rule states that the warrant and receipt must be given to the person who owns the premises, which could include Trump's lawyers as his agent, but doesn't have to. Especially since electronic service is sufficient. So a simple email sent to Trump, in my reading, would have been enough to satisfy the Rule and thus they very well could have refused to give a copy to the lawyer.
We’ll that’s pretty boring.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,448.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Though it's worth saying I'm not a lawyer and have no experience with the Rules of Criminal Procedure. I hope @NotreDame pops in, because IIRC he is a prosecutor, though I don't know if he's an AUSA. But he will still probably know the federal Rule better then I do.

Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟230,913.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yes, that's correct, the attorney asked to SEE a copy of the warrant. They initially would not let the attorney SEE the warrant. But when they eventually let the attorney SEE the warrant they REFUSED to provide a copy. As I said, someone was posted on this forum that Trump eventually received a warrant.
Great, thank you, I missed that. So the refusal to provide a copy of the warrant to the Trump attorney when asked appears to violate federal law.
Christina Bobb is just one of many attorneys that represent Trump. Just because she doesn't have possession of the warrant, doesn't mean some of Trump's other attorneys don't. Below, Christina Bobb confirms that Trump's attorneys have the warrant in their possession:

Christina Bobb a lawyer for Donald Trump, told Newsmax that the FBI raided the former president's Mar-a-Lago residence despite his legal team's prior cooperation with the agency.

Bobb said during a Wednesday interview on "Eric Bolling The Balance" that she believed Trump's attorneys gave the government "access to whatever they wanted access to" since June.

"There was a lead attorney in Washington, D.C. who ... came down personally to Mar-a-Lago to meet them and give them access. And then the next thing I know, I'm getting a phone call they're raiding the place," Bobb said of the supposed classified files.

"I had no other interaction with them between that, so it was a bit mind-boggling to me, and it seemed extremely unnecessary and a gross overreach of authoritarian power," she added.

Although Bobb stated she had seen the warrant and had a general idea of the cause, the Trump attorney refused to publicly disclose its contents, saying it wasn't her "call to make."

"I have seen the warrant. I have voiced my frustration. I don't think the search was warranted, was necessary. But if and when the attorneys running this case decide to do that, I'm sure they'll make it available or decide not to. That's their call," she said.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsmax-tv/newsmaxtv-christinabobb-mar/2022/08/10/id/1082620/

Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟230,913.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
By law, the officers carrying out the warrant are required to leave a physical copy of the warrant and inventory of everything they took from the premises. It can either be given to the owner of the premises, a representative of the owner, or if no one is available at the time the warrant is carried out, it can be left at a location on the property where it can easily be seen and found by the owner.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Did yeah hear the Attorney's talk about that warrant? Odd that never was talked about anywhere on the left media. Its the reason Trumps Attorney's can't show it.. did they even get to see it? Yes there is a legal word for it :) What did Trump tell them days a month or two before all this? They can tell you :) Ask for anything you need we will gladly help you. Told the turn cameras off yet did they? :)

So just relax let people talk say all they want try not to bite. A man just said yesterday?... We kneel to God and God alone. Guess who just said that. To that AMEN! So NOV coming.. then 2024. Just sit back its going to just fine.

Upvote 0