Appeals court halts special master review of documents seized at Mar-a-Lago in major defeat for Trump

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,747,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

In a major defeat for former President Donald Trump, a federal appeals court on Thursday halted a third-party review of documents seized from his Mar-a-Lago estate.​
The ruling removes a major obstacle to the Justice Department’s investigation into the mishandling of government records from Trump’s time in the White House.​
The three-judge panel of the 11th US Circuit Court of Appeals reversed US District Judge Aileen Cannon’s order appointing a so-called special master to sort through thousands of documents found at Trump’s home to determine what should be off limits to investigators. The court said the judge should not have intervened in the first place.​
“The law is clear,” the appeals court wrote. “We cannot write a rule that allows any subject of a search warrant to block government investigations after the execution of the warrant. Nor can we write a rule that allows only former presidents to do so.”​

Last edited:

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Accountability has been chasing Trump for years. It appears that he may finally receive the comeuppance he so richly deserves. I have a Georgia indictment on January 6th, for literal and poetic justice, in the pool.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,279.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If it makes it to the Supreme Court, I seriously doubt the Supreme Court will waste their time with it. It was just another delaying tactic by Trump, and it won't be the last.
I agree he is playing the delay,delay,delay game.

Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟161,193.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If it makes it to the Supreme Court, I seriously doubt the Supreme Court will waste their time with it. It was just another delaying tactic by Trump, and it won't be the last.
What could follow rejection by the Supremen court.? I thought that was the final arbiter in legal matters.

He could flee the country, I suppose. He made a friend in North Korea. Perhaps he could pay another visit?

1669993427251.png

• Optimistic
Reactions: Desk trauma
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟141,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
This present ruling was with a panel of three of the dozen that would comprise the en banc court should the former President appeal, which one might expect if Mister Trump planned to drag the issue out as long as possible before appealing to SCOTUS (which will not grant certiorari.)

• Informative
Reactions: Yttrium
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟298,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
  • Informative
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What could follow rejection by the Supremen court.? I thought that was the final arbiter in legal matters.

A new, different motion! The merits don't matter, the time eaten by each one is what counts. Start again at the bottom and work its way to the top.

He could flee the country, I suppose. He made a friend in North Korea. Perhaps he could pay another visit?

View attachment 324226
If only.

Upvote 0