✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
???

Five candidates are ahead of Buttigieg in the last polling. Sanders is the leader by far. Bloomberg is the biggest competition for Bernie, with Biden 3rd.

The Iowa and New Hampshire vote results show Buttigieg is almost as popular as Sanders in mostly white northern states. He was criticized for bieng unable to get any black support, so we will find out if that is a true or false statement in less than two weeks.

In Nevada, Biden has been the biggest competition for Sanders. Biden is the favorite in South Carolina. If Bloomberg jumps ahead of Biden, something is really wrong.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The Iowa and New Hampshire vote results show Buttigieg is almost as popular as Sanders in mostly white northern states. He was criticized for bieng unable to get any black support, so we will find out if that is a true or false statement in less than two weeks.

In Nevada, Biden has been the biggest competition for Sanders. Biden is the favorite in South Carolina. If Bloomberg jumps ahead of Biden, something is really wrong.
Something is really wrong, since Bloomberg is currently ahead of Biden in the national polls.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It is not just about being a centrist. Michael Bloomberg has no political experience above the mayor level. That is an automatic deal breaker for me.

Bloomberg was the chief executive for one of the largest economies in the world. He has also ran a very large corporation. BTW, why do keep on considering Mayor Pete. Surely he has much, much less experience that Bloomberg.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

I checked out another very white state. Buttigieg is running 5th in Utah.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Bloomberg was the chief executive for one of the largest economies in the world. He has also ran a very large corporation. BTW, why do you keep on considering Mayor Pete? Surely he has much, much less experience that Bloomberg.

Trump was the owner of huge companies. I don't want any billionaire businessmen in the White House for the rest of my life.

I already said I am going by election results. They are what matter, not national opinion polls.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Something is really wrong, since Bloomberg is currently ahead of Biden in the national polls.

The DNC keeps changing the rules for him. They are harpooning Bernie yet again and this is the chosen one, so the leadership is stacking the deck for him. That is why he is ahead and that is why he is on stage Wednesday.

They changed the rules to make it happen.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The DNC keeps changing the rules for him. They are harpooning Bernie yet again and this is the chosen one, so the leadership is stacking the deck for him. That is why he is ahead and that is why he is on stage Wednesday.

Why do you think that Bloomberg wants to be in a debate in NV or SC? Bloomberg doesn't need the publicity yet. Other candidates pushed for the change. They wanted to attack Bloomberg.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It is not just about being a centrist. Michael Bloomberg has no political experience above the mayor level. That is an automatic deal breaker for me.

NYC has 8.6 million people. If it were a state, it would be ranked 12th in size, above Virginia and below New Jersey. In terms of GDP, New York County (i.e. Manhattan) alone would come in 9th betwee NJ and GA.

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
NYC has 8.6 million people. If it were a state, it would be ranked 12th in size, above Virginia and below New Jersey. In terms of GDP, New York County (i.e. Manhattan) alone would come in 9th betwee NJ and GA.

So what? Nothing changes the fact that Bloomberg was still just a mayor, not the state's governor.

And you can't convince me being a super-rich businessman in NYC makes him better than, well, another super-rich businessman from NYC.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
So what? Nothing changes the fact that Bloomberg was still just a mayor, not the state's governor.

And you can't convince me being a super-rich businessman in NYC makes him better than, well, another super-rich businessman from NYC.

The point is that his mayoral duties were more expansive than those of most governors.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Folks are simply stating facts. Mayor Bloomberg was the leader of one of the top 10 economies in the world, larger than Canada's.

And if we can't convince you that being the head of the 9th largest economy is no big deal, then so be it.

• Agree
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

If the other candidates can't successfully debate Bloomberg they won't be able to successfully debate Trump. Good practice for them.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Folks are simply stating facts. Mayor Bloomberg was the leader of one of the top 10 economies in the world, larger than Canada's.

And if we can't convince you that being the head of the 9th largest economy is no big deal, then so be it.

The economy is one aspect of politics. As mayor, Michael Bloomberg could not do what the governor does every day. I will not vote for any candidate who has never held at least a state level office.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The economy is one aspect of politics. As mayor, Michael Bloomberg could not do what the governor does every day. I will not vote for any candidate who has never held at least a state level office.
Ok, you think that the governor of Wyoming has more responsibility than the mayor of NY or LA. You are free to have inaccurate understandings.

BTW, what statewide offices has Bernie held in the very large stat of Vermont? Did he run Ben and Jerry's? Yup, Bernie was a mayor of a small city, and then spent 40 years in DC being in charge of nothing.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
OK, you think that the governor of Wyoming has more responsibility than the mayor of NY or LA. You are free to have inaccurate understandings.

BTW, what statewide offices has Bernie held?

Is there some reason you had to cite the least populous state?

Bernie Sanders has the Vermont legislature and governor on his resume.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Would you give a couple of examples, please?

Upvote 0