✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Calling me a YEC is like calling Yin/Yang, "Yang-only."

Not really, AV. Correct me if I'm wrong, but in a nutshell you believe the earth was ***created*** 6,000'ish years ago, with age embedded (whatever that even means). For all intents and purposes, you're a YEC, imo. Don't be ashamed of it. Own it. ROCK IT.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Look, on another internet forum, I went at it hammer and tongs with a Hovind supporter, so it's true that I know a lot more about Hovind and his legal problems than I care to. But I try to fight falsehood with truth.
I understand.

My beef is mainly with the OP.

It seems the others here just want to jump in and practice their typing skills.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Not really, AV. Correct me if I'm wrong, but in a nutshell you believe the earth was ***created*** 6,000'ish years ago, with age embedded (whatever that even means).
Correctamundy! :oldthumbsup:
selfinflikted said:
For all intents and purposes, you're a YEC, imo.
Well you're certainly entitled to your mo.
selfinflikted said:
Don't be ashamed of it. Own it. ROCK IT.
Good to see you back!

Upvote 0

Willtor

Not just any Willtor... The Mighty Willtor
Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Of course not.

Hovind must have rattled the Devil's chains.

Thus ICR, DI and other [so-called] Christian orgainizations are bad-mouthing him.

(Note: I'm taking your word that they have said something negative about him. I don't know what it is specifically. But since you guys are so hurting to get the focus off of yourselves an on to these organizations, I'll just take your word for it and play along.)

You are so sold on Kent Hovind's integrity that when the other creationist orgs call him out on fraud, they're "bad-mouthing him." There is a man that could sell you anything.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,626.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
That's not why he was in prison. He was in prison for failure to pay employment taxes and multiple counts of 'structuring' -- withdrawing money from the bank in amounts under $10,000 (to pay his employees under the table) so as not to set off bank reporting laws.

In this more recent trial, I believe the judge actually set aside the contempt conviction. I believe the other counts were dismissed, but the government could choose to bring him to trial again, since no verdict was reached.

Apparently Kent's charges have been dismissed.

Kent Hovind is a good example of the government and "powers that be" trying to silence the exposing of the TOE for what it is, and the persecution that anyone will face, if they publicly contradict this hoax AND spread the good news of the gospel and the truth of creation.

This is a good article on the Kent Hovind fiasco...

http://www.hourofthetime.com/wordpresstest/who-is-kent-hovind-and-why-is-he-in-prison/

The "structuring" charge is meant to catch drug dealers and money launderers.

Kent Hovind paid all of the taxes he owed! The IRS and federal prosecutors could not find a way to throw Kent Hovind in prison (because he was under the law of 508c1A) so they indicted him on IRS structuring laws which were created to go after DRUG LORDS/TRAFFICKERS!

1- IRS Publication “Tax Guide for Churches and Religious Organization’s” page 3 under Recognition of Tax-Exempt Status . Kent Hovind was obeying the law (please see 508c1A) which was a special tax law enacted by Congress to Americans by the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution.

2- The 1st Amendment of the American Constitution guarantees freedoms concerning religion, expression, assembly and the right to petition.

3- Kent Hovind did not spend money to enrich himself. Kent Hovind (proven with financial transactions) spent money to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ.

4- Foundation of America is that “…all men are endowed by their CREATOR with certain and unalienable rights.”

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic

Kent Hovind is a good example of the government and "powers that be" trying to silence the exposing of the TOE for what it is, and the persecution that anyone will face, if they publicly contradict this hoax AND spread the good news of the gospel and the truth of creation.

He was put in prison because he defrauded the government through tax evasion. It has nothing to do with evolution or creationism. He was most certainly convicted of tax evasion. Those charges were not dismissed.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker

And I guess the dozens and dozens of Kent Hovind copycats who make millions of dollars, like Ray Comfort, Ken Ham, Carl Bough, Kirk Cameron, who publically speak against the TOE and are most certainly NOT in prison...I guess they just all get lucky.

Edit: Not to mention that his son continued Kent's work for years, said the same things, and strangely didn't end up in jail. The Evil Atheist Conspiracy really dropped the ball on that one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟820,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Kent Hovind paid all of the taxes he owed! The IRS and federal prosecutors could not find a way to throw Kent Hovind in prison (because he was under the law of 508c1A) so they indicted him on IRS structuring laws which were created to go after DRUG LORDS/TRAFFICKERS!

Sigh. See what I mean?

Let me google that for you. In addition to the structuring convictions, he was convicted on 12 counts of "willful failure to collect, account for, and pay over federal income taxes and FICA taxes, totaling $473,818 for the 12 fiscal quarters of 2001–2003."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Sigh. See what I mean?

Let me google that for you. In addition to the structuring convictions, he was convicted on 12 counts of "willful failure to collect, account for, and pay over federal income taxes and FICA taxes, totaling $473,818 for the 12 fiscal quarters of 2001–2003."

Like many crimes, it is the cover up that points to guilt.

"The judge stated that "Mrs. Hovind was in charge of the payroll," and that while "Mr. Hovind was the decision-making authority" at CSE and Dinosaur Adventure Land, Jo Hovind had cashed some 200 checks, all under $10,000, for a total of $1.5 million during a four-year period."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_Hovind#Federal_criminal_tax-related_trial_and_convictions_in_2006

It was pretty obvious that they knew anything over 10k would be automatically reported to the IRS, and that they were trying to avoid the taxes they owed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,626.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Like many crimes, it is the cover up that points to guilt.

"The judge stated that "Mrs. Hovind was in charge of the payroll," and that while "Mr. Hovind was the decision-making authority" at CSE and Dinosaur Adventure Land, Jo Hovind had cashed some 200 checks, all under $10,000, for a total of $1.5 million during a four-year period."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_Hovind#Federal_criminal_tax-related_trial_and_convictions_in_2006

It was pretty obvious that they knew anything over 10k would be automatically reported to the IRS, and that they were trying to avoid the taxes they owed.

And still........, there were no charges for "tax evasion" and all his charges have been dismissed. The only one he was convicted of sentenced for was "threatening" the IRS when he prayed on a radio show for his forthcoming legal issues.

See the quote and remember.....no convictions on "tax evasion" :

"On the next day Dr. Hovind did a radio broadcast. He prayed for himself in handling the situation and for the agents who raided him, and was charged with threatening an IRS agent because of that prayer. He claims his prayer was in no way threatening. He said something to the effect of, “God, I want you to handle these folks who came against me, I don’t know what they want, I can’t handle them, they are way too powerful for me, I turn them over to you, you judge them as you see fit.” He was later charged with 3 years in prison for this prayer for threatening an IRS agent in the performance of his duty. They arrested Dr. Hovind and his wife and they were arraigned in front of a Magistrate for three charges:
1) Twelve counts of not withholding taxes from employees, (According to Dr. Hovind, they didn’t have employees)

2) Forty-five counts of structuring (According to Dr. Hovind, they told him “you withdrew money out of your bank in amounts less than $10,000”),

3) Threatening an IRS agent (the “threatening” prayer)."

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
And still........, there were no charges for "tax evasion" . . .

Yes, there were.

"Several people who worked for Hovind testified that they had to punch time cards, and had vacation and sick days, while others testified that Hovind claimed he had "beat" the tax system."

They didn't pay payroll taxes. They made over 200 withdrawls just under 10K to avoid IRS reporting. That is what they were convicted of.

See the quote and remember.....no convictions on "tax evasion" :

"On the next day Dr. Hovind did a radio broadcast. He prayed for himself in handling the situation and for the agents who raided him, and was charged with threatening an IRS agent because of that prayer. He claims his prayer was in no way threatening. He said something to the effect of, “God, I want you to handle these folks who came against me, I don’t know what they want, I can’t handle them, they are way too powerful for me, I turn them over to you, you judge them as you see fit.” He was later charged with 3 years in prison for this prayer for threatening an IRS agent in the performance of his duty. They arrested Dr. Hovind and his wife and they were arraigned in front of a Magistrate for three charges:
1) Twelve counts of not withholding taxes from employees, (According to Dr. Hovind, they didn’t have employees)

2) Forty-five counts of structuring (According to Dr. Hovind, they told him “you withdrew money out of your bank in amounts less than $10,000”),

3) Threatening an IRS agent (the “threatening” prayer)."

Both Kent and Jo were convicted on 1 and 2.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.