• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Ex-Con Hovind released from the pokey.

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by HitchSlap, Jul 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. selfinflikted

selfinflikted Under Deck

+741
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    Not really, AV. Correct me if I'm wrong, but in a nutshell you believe the earth was ***created*** 6,000'ish years ago, with age embedded (whatever that even means). For all intents and purposes, you're a YEC, imo. Don't be ashamed of it. Own it. ROCK IT.

2. AV1611VET

AV1611VET BELIEVE IN MIRACLES Supporter

+41,321
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    I understand.

My beef is mainly with the OP.

It seems the others here just want to jump in and practice their typing skills.

3. AV1611VET

+41,321
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Correctamundy! :oldthumbsup:
    Well you're certainly entitled to your mo.
    Good to see you back!

4. Loudmouth

Loudmouth Contributor

+5,952
    Agnostic
    How many years between now and the day of the creation week when the Earth was created?

5. Willtor

Willtor Not just any Willtor... The Mighty Willtor

+1,405
    Presbyterian
    Married
    US-Others
    You are so sold on Kent Hovind's integrity that when the other creationist orgs call him out on fraud, they're "bad-mouthing him." There is a man that could sell you anything.

6. JacksBratt

JacksBratt Searching for Truth Supporter

+5,589
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    Apparently Kent's charges have been dismissed.

Kent Hovind is a good example of the government and "powers that be" trying to silence the exposing of the TOE for what it is, and the persecution that anyone will face, if they publicly contradict this hoax AND spread the good news of the gospel and the truth of creation.

This is a good article on the Kent Hovind fiasco...

http://www.hourofthetime.com/wordpresstest/who-is-kent-hovind-and-why-is-he-in-prison/

The "structuring" charge is meant to catch drug dealers and money launderers.

Kent Hovind paid all of the taxes he owed! The IRS and federal prosecutors could not find a way to throw Kent Hovind in prison (because he was under the law of 508c1A) so they indicted him on IRS structuring laws which were created to go after DRUG LORDS/TRAFFICKERS!

1- IRS Publication “Tax Guide for Churches and Religious Organization’s” page 3 under Recognition of Tax-Exempt Status . Kent Hovind was obeying the law (please see 508c1A) which was a special tax law enacted by Congress to Americans by the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution.

2- The 1st Amendment of the American Constitution guarantees freedoms concerning religion, expression, assembly and the right to petition.

3- Kent Hovind did not spend money to enrich himself. Kent Hovind (proven with financial transactions) spent money to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ.

4- Foundation of America is that “…all men are endowed by their CREATOR with certain and unalienable rights.”

7. Loudmouth

Loudmouth Contributor

+5,952
    Agnostic
    He was put in prison because he defrauded the government through tax evasion. It has nothing to do with evolution or creationism. He was most certainly convicted of tax evasion. Those charges were not dismissed.

8. lasthero

lasthero Newbie

+5,700
    Seeker
    And I guess the dozens and dozens of Kent Hovind copycats who make millions of dollars, like Ray Comfort, Ken Ham, Carl Bough, Kirk Cameron, who publically speak against the TOE and are most certainly NOT in prison...I guess they just all get lucky.

Edit: Not to mention that his son continued Kent's work for years, said the same things, and strangely didn't end up in jail. The Evil Atheist Conspiracy really dropped the ball on that one.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  9. essentialsaltes

essentialsaltes Stranger in a Strange Land

+20,559
    United States
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    Sigh. See what I mean?

Let me google that for you. In addition to the structuring convictions, he was convicted on 12 counts of "willful failure to collect, account for, and pay over federal income taxes and FICA taxes, totaling $473,818 for the 12 fiscal quarters of 2001–2003."

10. selfinflikted

selfinflikted Under Deck

+741
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    Thanks. The new site interface is horrible. HORRIBLE.

11. Loudmouth

Loudmouth Contributor

+5,952
    Agnostic
    Like many crimes, it is the cover up that points to guilt.

"The judge stated that "Mrs. Hovind was in charge of the payroll," and that while "Mr. Hovind was the decision-making authority" at CSE and Dinosaur Adventure Land, Jo Hovind had cashed some 200 checks, all under $10,000, for a total of $1.5 million during a four-year period."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_Hovind#Federal_criminal_tax-related_trial_and_convictions_in_2006

It was pretty obvious that they knew anything over 10k would be automatically reported to the IRS, and that they were trying to avoid the taxes they owed.

12. AV1611VET

+41,321
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican

13. Loudmouth

Loudmouth Contributor

+5,952
    Agnostic
    That would be YEC.

14. AV1611VET

+41,321
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    You'll get used to it!

Also, there's an option to go back to the old interface if you want to.

15. AV1611VET

+41,321
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Not in my case.

16. Loudmouth

Loudmouth Contributor

+5,952
    Agnostic
    In all cases.

17. JacksBratt

JacksBratt Searching for Truth Supporter

+5,589
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    And still........, there were no charges for "tax evasion" and all his charges have been dismissed. The only one he was convicted of sentenced for was "threatening" the IRS when he prayed on a radio show for his forthcoming legal issues.

See the quote and remember.....no convictions on "tax evasion" :

"On the next day Dr. Hovind did a radio broadcast. He prayed for himself in handling the situation and for the agents who raided him, and was charged with threatening an IRS agent because of that prayer. He claims his prayer was in no way threatening. He said something to the effect of, “God, I want you to handle these folks who came against me, I don’t know what they want, I can’t handle them, they are way too powerful for me, I turn them over to you, you judge them as you see fit.” He was later charged with 3 years in prison for this prayer for threatening an IRS agent in the performance of his duty. They arrested Dr. Hovind and his wife and they were arraigned in front of a Magistrate for three charges:
    1) Twelve counts of not withholding taxes from employees, (According to Dr. Hovind, they didn’t have employees)

2) Forty-five counts of structuring (According to Dr. Hovind, they told him “you withdrew money out of your bank in amounts less than $10,000”),

3) Threatening an IRS agent (the “threatening” prayer)."

18. selfinflikted

selfinflikted Under Deck

+741
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    I do! Thanks, I'll look for it! :)

19. Loudmouth

Loudmouth Contributor

+5,952
    Agnostic
    Yes, there were.

"Several people who worked for Hovind testified that they had to punch time cards, and had vacation and sick days, while others testified that Hovind claimed he had "beat" the tax system."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_Hovind#Federal_criminal_tax-related_trial_and_convictions_in_2006

They didn't pay payroll taxes. They made over 200 withdrawls just under 10K to avoid IRS reporting. That is what they were convicted of.

Both Kent and Jo were convicted on 1 and 2.

20. AV1611VET

+41,321
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Go to User Panel and click on Preferences.

It's the first option at the very top.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.