mid-Americauna
✟3,163.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
He was put in prison because he defrauded the government through tax evasion. It has nothing to do with evolution or creationism. He was most certainly convicted of tax evasion. Those charges were not dismissed.
that is just more lies and accusations , and proof is his charges have been dismissed and he did more than 10 years for bogus charges by liberals and liars and real thieves and lawlessness . now there isn't anything new under the sun.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
that is just more lies and accusations , and proof is his charges have been dismissed and he did more than 10 years for bogus charges by liberals and liars and real thieves and lawlessness . now there isn't anything new under the sun.

Prove it.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic

I wonder if you will ever admit that you were mistaken for making these claims. Who knows.

The charges that were dropped were for crimes that he may have committed while in jail.

"Hovind, 61, is approaching the end of his sentence for failing to report some $434,000 in taxable income and employee wages, but he is now facing a new suite of charges on allegations that he tried to stymie the government's efforts to collect on his outstanding debt."
http://www.pnj.com/story/news/local/2015/07/10/hovind-free-jail-back-pensacola/29969745/

Those are the charges that were dropped. The original tax evasion convictions that landed him in jail to begin with were never dropped nor were they dismissed.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟820,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I can't believe this. I got the same thing on the other website. Hovindicators making ridiculous denials. Here's an original news story from the 2006 conviction.

"'Dr. Dino' guilty on all counts; Couple could get more than 200 years
Pensacola evangelist and tax protester Kent Hovind winked at his wife and gave her a reassuring smile as he was led away to jail.
Jo Hovind clutched the necktie he had been wearing. She kept her eyes on her husband until he was out of sight. A 12-person jury deliberated for 2? hours on Thursday before finding the couple guilty of all counts in their tax-fraud case.

Kent Hovind, founder of Creation Science Evangelism and Dinosaur Adventure Land in Pensacola, was found guilty of 58 counts, including failure to pay $845,000 in employee-related taxes. He faces a maximum of 288 years in prison."

Hovind also got in trouble for failing to pay his own personal taxes.

He is a convicted tax cheat.

Case closed.

Sentence served.

He and his supporters should move on with their lives, and try to stay more tightly tethered to the truth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I can't believe this. I got the same thing on the other website. Hovindicators making ridiculous denials. Here's an original news story from the 2006 conviction.

"'Dr. Dino' guilty on all counts; Couple could get more than 200 years
Pensacola evangelist and tax protester Kent Hovind winked at his wife and gave her a reassuring smile as he was led away to jail.
Jo Hovind clutched the necktie he had been wearing. She kept her eyes on her husband until he was out of sight. A 12-person jury deliberated for 2? hours on Thursday before finding the couple guilty of all counts in their tax-fraud case.

Kent Hovind, founder of Creation Science Evangelism and Dinosaur Adventure Land in Pensacola, was found guilty of 58 counts, including failure to pay $845,000 in employee-related taxes. He faces a maximum of 288 years in prison."

Hovind also got in trouble for failing to pay his own personal taxes.

He is a convicted tax cheat.

Case closed.

Sentence served.

He and his supporters should move on with their lives, and try to stay more tightly tethered to the truth.
Yep, and a Florida newspaper posted online (can still be found?) conversations between him and Eric conspiring to hide assets from the Feds. Real class act, those two.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Again, I have to ask.

What is this fixation* with Kent Hovind?

* For those who can't handle that word, use "fascination."

The fascination is with Hovind's very apparent psychological problems and how it plays out amongst his followers. It is like the ant farm version of watching a cult go about its business.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The fascination is with Hovind's very apparent psychological problems and how it plays out amongst his followers.
And how did it play out with the Bakkers and Jimmy Swaggert's followers?

Or don't you know?

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Train wreck.

Train wrecks are entertaining and especially so, when the train was thought to be one that could never ever go off the tracks.

Bill Cosby is an example, what happened at Penn State is an example, what happened (can't remember his name) with that famous TV preacher out west who preached so much about the sins of homosexual behavior and it turns out he was in a homosexual relationship. Kenny is another example of the same.

When the public persona in people in the public eye is blown out of the water, it tends to attract attention.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
And how did it play out with the Bakkers and Jimmy Swaggert's followers?

I found Oral Roberts' followers to be more interesting. My grandmother mercifully passed a few months ago, and in digging through her finances the family found out that she had sent a tidy sum to Oral Roberts over the years. It sickens me to think of how his "send me money or I'll die" took money out of the pockets of little old ladies. At the same time, I am fascinated by how con men go about their craft.

Hovind goes beyond even that. Hovind is like the con man who conned himself. Also, the deliciousness of the overly righteous being hoisted on their own petard is sometimes too good to pass up.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Bill Cosby is an example, what happened at Penn State is an example, what happened (can't remember his name) with that famous TV preacher out west who preached so much about the sins of homosexual behavior and it turns out he was in a homosexual relationship. Kenny is another example of the same.
Ted Haggard

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I found Oral Roberts' followers to be more interesting. My grandmother mercifully passed a few months ago, and in digging through her finances the family found out that she had sent a tidy sum to Oral Roberts over the years. It sickens me to think of how his "send me money or I'll die" took money out of the pockets of little old ladies. At the same time, I am fascinated by how con men go about their craft.

Hovind goes beyond even that. Hovind is like the con man who conned himself. Also, the deliciousness of the overly righteous being hoisted on their own petard is sometimes too good to pass up.
If hell exists, I'm sure there's a special spot for people like this.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.