• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Ex-Con Hovind released from the pokey.

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by HitchSlap, Jul 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HitchSlap

HitchSlap Well-Known Member

+5,208
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    This should be cause for celebration for all you cdesign proponentsists types.

Yaaaay....

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Loudmouth

Loudmouth Contributor

+5,952
    Agnostic
    If George W. Bush were re-elected for president, imagine how excited all of the comedians would be. I can't help but think that this is the same sort of situation.

3. Jan Volkes

Jan Volkes Well-Known Member

+231
    Married
    UK-Labour
    What a home coming he's going to get and what stories he will be able to tell, he has got to have at least 2 books ready to go, the money will come rolling in faster than even he could have imagined, I wonder if his son will set up his own business or will he just carry on as he is while dad concentrate on the books and the talks.
    I bet he's rubbing his hands, he might even set up his own TV channel because he won't be short of backers, there's big money to be made in creationism, Ken Ham won't be so please because he will be stealing half his business, good luck to him.

4. Loudmouth

Loudmouth Contributor

+5,952
    Agnostic
    I think he would be better off hiring an accountant instead of his son.

5. AV1611VET

AV1611VET BELIEVE IN MIRACLES Supporter

+41,321
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    I can't for the life of me understand this fixation on Kent Hovind.

I remember one night when America was so fixated on Monica Lewinski, they broke in with news bulletins that she was about to make a public appearance; and all she did was come out of the courthouse, cross the street and go into the next building.

Mr. Hovind must have really rattled the Devil's chains.

6. brinny

brinny everlovin' shiner of light in dark places Supporter

+107,538
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    Apparently he still is LOL! [​IMG]

7. AV1611VET

+41,321
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    :oldthumbsup: :clap: :amen:

8. Loudmouth

Loudmouth Contributor

+5,952
    Agnostic
    It is sort of like the fixation on Jenny McCarthy in the anti-vaxer movement, except not as easy on the eyes.

He is also a sleeper agent, but don't tell anyone. We recruited him back in the 1980's. Nathan Poe almost spilled the beans when he talked about how it was so funny that no one had figured it out. We covered it up by pretending it was some "law" meant for all creationists. That was a close one.

He is the best weapon that "evolutionists" have. You come in at a close second. Keep up the good work.

9. AV1611VET

+41,321
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    I'm not a YEC though.

(But I take it that doesn't matter?)

10. kiwimac

kiwimac Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian Supporter

+1,368
    New Zealand
    Utrecht
    Married
    AU-Greens
    Ah, I'll be amused to see what he does next.

11. Jan Volkes

Jan Volkes Well-Known Member

+231
    Married
    UK-Labour
    It's the same kind of fixation all the other cult leaders generate, people keep wondering what they will do next, he might even reopen that diploma mill where he bought his fake degree or even set up a new one, it would be a sensible move because he could then surround himself with lots of those doctorates the creationists love so much.

I think creationism will die even quicker with him leading the charge, he will come out smelling of money so he won't be too upset, at least he will be a smarter tax payer in the future.
    He will be making enough money to keep him and the tax man happy, give him a month then watch him go.

12. pgp_protector

pgp_protector Noted strange person

+15,991
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Did you say the earth has only revolved around the sun less than 10,000 times?

13. Davian

Davian fallible

+1,159
    Ignostic
    Married
    In your opinion, how many years ago did the biological process of life first appear on this planet?

14. pgp_protector

pgp_protector Noted strange person

+15,991
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    found it, yep

A year being defined as one orbit of the sun
    about 6000 times = about 6000 years old

15. selfinflikted

selfinflikted Under Deck

+741
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    Of course you are.

16. AV1611VET

+41,321
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Calling me a YEC is like calling Yin/Yang, "Yang-only."

17. Willtor

Willtor Not just any Willtor... The Mighty Willtor

+1,405
    Presbyterian
    Married
    US-Others
    He's a fraud. Do fraudsters rattle the Devil's chains?

18. AV1611VET

+41,321
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    You're entitled to your opinion.

19. Willtor

Willtor Not just any Willtor... The Mighty Willtor

+1,405
    Presbyterian
    Married
    US-Others
    The other creationist orgs called him a fraud. Do fraudsters rattle the Devil's chains?

20. AV1611VET

+41,321
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    In what respect?

Financial or spiritual?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.