Evolution becomes theory, theory becomes word (Word becomes guide)

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,906,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You are only fooling yourself if you think anyone here believes you really do have an appropriate respect for the scientific method.
You're entitled to your opinion.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,906,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am not sure this fact does anything to establish yourself as a credible source.
I'm not a credible source of my own posts?

I know what I say here better than you do.

Especially when you're as wrong as you were.

If you want to defend your remark(s), go right ahead.

The more you defend it, the more you look ... well ... wrong.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
And what if I think 5% of science is "junk science"? Am I allowed to tell it to take a hike?

It's so cute that you ask for permission...

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Do you want to pretend you've read everything I've written?

I have more than 743 times the number of posts you have.

99.9999% of which are counting threads; the rest of which aren't nearly as interesting.

Posts like this:

"For the record, I do not completely discard science.

In fact, I claim I agree with 95% of their conclusions.

What I do though, is I subordinate science to theology.

Putting it on the back burner, so to speak."

SOURCE

You subordinate science to your own theology -- but that's ok... you do the same thing with God.

And this:

'And in fact, I hold science up to a Standard that atheists won't dare to go.

Scientists are, in my "pick-and-choose" opinion, gifted to us from God, and I'll kiss the feet of a scientist before I kiss the feet of a theologian any day.'

SOURCE

It seems laughable that you'd (figuratively) kiss anyone's feet.

And this:

"Or maybe you've forgotten the many times I've said this:

1. Bible says X, science says X = go with X
2. Bible says X, science says Y = go with X
3. Bible says Ø, science says Y = go with Y
4. Bible says Ø, science says Ø = speculate"

SOURCE

So ... no ... I don't want to "pretend" I'm a fan of science.

Science is a gift from God.

And God is a gift from the Bible, and the Bible is squarely under your thumb.

• Agree
Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,906,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
No -- but it depends on what you're using the question mark for.
Is it because you really want to know? or is it to ridicule?

To know.

May be.Unless they had nothig to lose.I don't normally accept these kinds of testimonies a priori, as I suspect there's always more to the story than what is appearing on paper.

You can suspect whatever you want. The point is that I didn't grow up in a religious home. I have never been discouraged to ask questions. I have never been told to just believe things without questioning. In fact, I've been told the exact opposite.

So when during religious class the dude said things that I didn't agree with or didn't understand, I went into discussion and questioning mode. Clearly the teacher wasn't used to that. He got very annoyed.

Ya -- that's what I thought.
You're not telling the whole story

Off course I am.
He said things I didn't understand.
I asked questions. He couldn't answer and/or gave total non-answers. Which showed that he was full of nonsense. The nonsense was exposed through the dude's answers. Not through my questions.

As the infamous saying goes "There are no stupid questions. Only stupid answers".

.Good for him. I would have done the same thing

I know you would have. I also know you consider it a good thing. I consider it a very very bad thing and it exposes the extreme insecurities of the "teacher".

.Good.Then tell it -- the whole story this time.

I did tell the whole story. I hear something that doesn't sound right or that I don't understand - I ask for clarification.

Science teachers typically simply answer the question - and might even give bonus points for being engaged in class. Religion teachers typically will simply get annoyed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,906,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just out of curiosity, have you asked me one of those questions? and did I answer it?

I'm going to suspect you have; and I answered it, but you didn't accept the answer.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Just out of curiosity, have you asked me one of those questions? and did I answer it?

I'm going to suspect you have; and I answered it, but you didn't accept the answer.

Saying things like "science can take a hike", aren't exactly answers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,906,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Saying things like "science can take a hike", aren't exactly answers.
Speaking of not answering ...

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I am not sure this fact does anything to establish yourself as a credible source.

It doesn't. It's only meant to impress the credulous.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Just to be clear: what I am asking is just a little beyond "this theory is true" - I am asking "in what way is the theory true".

The answer that would be fitting, would be along the lines "these observations make sense in this way; those observations contradict what is seen up to that point".

In outlining true and false conditions, you establish that there is a logic to the theory's work, which bears out an impetus - to develop a certain way.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟301,750.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Hi there,

It has been some time since I posted on this forum and in the meantime my thoughts have congealed a great deal.

I basically have one question: what word is it, by which hearing you remember the details of Evolution?

When I think of the gospels of Jesus Christ, His words that "what I say to you, I say to all: 'Watch!'" remind me of the many things He said.

Thoughts ?

Heya, good to see you still around. I know you have some stuff on your plate, good to see you still here.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Ok. So this is the thing, God gave me to share with you - about watching your word:

When an Evolutionist gets to Heaven, he expects what is there in Heaven: to change (in other words, the Evolutionist sees the man and expects the God).

In other words, without watching his word - the Evolutionist does not actually discern that his time has come (Jesus said of Jerusalem "if you had known your time, calamity would not come on you, but now you will be left desolate, because you did not"): in other words when the Evolutionist sees "the God", he is still not satisfied.

"God can show you something you have never seen before, but He can't be someone different (because you want Him to be)"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,906,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
... in other words when the Evolutionist sees "the God", he is still not satisfied.
Satisfied or not ...

Isaiah 45:23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

Romans 14:11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

Philippians 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

Academians want to claim that there is no such thing as "fulfilled prophecy," but academians are going to fulfill prophecy when the time comes.

Upvote 0