Evolution becomes theory, theory becomes word (Word becomes guide)

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟240,509.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I hang my arm out the window when I drive.

Now it's darker than my other arm.

Is that not adaption (microevolution)?
Absolutely, irrevocably, undeniably not.
There is adaptation, but not evolutionary adaptation.
There has been no change in the DNA in your germ plasm as a consequence of your tan.
There has been no change in the DNA of your children, grandchildren or great granchildren as a consequence of your tan.
No evolution has occured.

The only involvement of evolution is that pre-existing genes in your DNA (created in previous generations through evolutionary processes) have orchestrated the response of your body to
UV radiation.

It staggers me that, given the amount of time you spend on this forum and the number of threads you have participated in, in which this point has been made (repeatedly), that you are unaware of it. And yet you have the temerity, the unmitigated gall, to say science should take a hike. Perhaps it would be better if arrogant, self-righteous individuals who choose to ignore explanations made time and time again, for their benefit, should themselves take a hike.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,596.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It staggers me that, given the amount of time you spend on this forum and the number of threads you have participated in, in which this point has been made (repeatedly), that you are unaware of it.
Perhaps you would link me to one please?

Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
You seem to be under the impression that individuals experience biological evolution. They don't. Populations do. Do you understand that? If so, do you wish to rephrase, or withdraw your questions here? If not, what's unclear to you?

Is it an individual expressing that individuals do not evolve or a species?

Technically you can not claim it is "a species" because I - as a member of your species - do not agree.

Unless you want to claim you are a species without me?

Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Sorry buddy but your posts still don't make any sense.

Your posts read like an alien is trying to speak like a human but is failing.

Hurt, my friend, what hurts?

You in no way can claim that continually regressing to past causes past, does not "hurt".

The proper way to stop hurting over theory, is to commit to displaying your theory.

That's what I want: display your Evolution!

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟240,509.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Is it an individual expressing that individuals do not evolve or a species?
I made no mention of species. Why do you bring it up now? Let me repeat what I said earlier. I trust the emboldened letters will make it possible for you to understand it this time. You seem to be under the impression that individuals experience biological evolution. They don't. Populations do.

Technically you can not claim it is "a species" because I - as a member of your species - do not agree.
Your ill informed viewpoint is wholly irrelevant.
"Evolution" has been defined and described by biologists. The definitions and descriptions are such that they cannot logically be applied to individuals.

Are you going to claim that unless it is displayed by every member of the species, it is not an Evolution?
What makes you think I would make such a silly remark? You really should properly study what biologists say about evolution before making yourself look like a fool by expressing such absurdities.

That's what I want: display your Evolution!
Evolution is on display in almost all good quality, university level textbooks, or in a host of excellent popular science works. If you are serious about wanting to examine Evolution send me a PM and I'll give you some specific recommendations. However, I expect you will just ignore this offer, or respond with another disjointed, rambling post.

Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟301,883.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I came up with a really great example of why you do not want something to evolve:

If you evolve your signature, fewer people will recognize it.

Contend with me, why is it that people keep their signatures the same?

What does recognition by others have to do with evolution?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums