Visit site
✟293,926.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Biblically speaking we know the last World War will only encompass a three and a half year period called the "Great Tribulation".. which will be a record breaking short conflict compared to the previous two World Wars.
How you make the Great Tribulation into a war, beats me!

Upvote 0

Waterwerx

Jul 14, 2016
Hazleton, PA
✟63,759.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
How you make the Great Tribulation into a war, beats me!

Well, you would have to completely ignore or re-write quite a bit of Scripture to make it seem otherwise.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,186.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Well, you would have to completely ignore or re-write quite a bit of Scripture to make it seem otherwise.

You have to forgive Keras. He only sees a CME.

Upvote 0

Waterwerx

Jul 14, 2016
Hazleton, PA
✟63,759.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single

The problem is people don't want to see or hear about consequence. The 2nd half of the tribulation is going to involve consequence for which those that dwell upon the earth will try to blame God for. Even some Christians are guilty of this indirectly by attributing the judgments directly to God instead of recognizing that man's actions + consequence + God's response are bundled together. Mankind's destructive behavior gets so beyond his(i.e. man's) control, it would destroy everyone if Christ didn't return and put a stop to it.

The great tribulation will be a time period of intense pressure where either an individual pops out like popcorn does in a microwave and recognizes/accepts the truth or they burn like an "un-poppable" kernel.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,926.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
None of the Seven Trumpets and Seven Bowls of the Great Tribulation describe warfare. They are mostly cosmic events and even the 200mil horsemen of Rev 9:14-19 are not actual cavalry, but alien type entities. The only 'battle', is Armageddon and that cannot be thought of as a war, as Jesus simply wipes them out without a shot being fired, at His Return.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,926.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
It's interesting. I do see a sudden a shocking Day coming, because that Day is very comprehensively prophesied throughout the Bible. An explosion of the sun is the only thing that can, and will, literally fulfil what is described for that terrible Day.
It will be much better for us all to be aware of what God actually does plan for His people.
This IS the topic; What will come next; we have had all the wars and rumors of wars. The current situation cannot continue indefinatly!

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,186.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It's interesting. I do see a sudden a shocking Day coming, because that Day is very comprehensively prophesied throughout the Bible. An explosion of the sun is the only thing that can, and will, literally fulfil what is described for that terrible Day.
It will be much better for us all to be aware of what God actually does plan for His people.
This IS the topic; What will come next; we have had all the wars and rumors of wars. The current situation cannot continue indefinatly!

Sun CME's are today, and we know the damage they can cause brother. But there are also wars, rumors of wars, earthquakes, pestilences,etc, also written in the prophecies. We see those, but you don't. All you see are the signs in the sun. That is all I was saying.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,926.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Wars and rumors of war.
I can see how you would just love to have your finger on the trigger of some of that heavy weaponry!
Unfortunately for the military, the prophets say they will all be destroyed on the Day the Lord takes action. I have 18 verses proving it. Ezekiel 7:14 makes it quite clear what will happen.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,186.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
3 dead after strong quake shakes southern Philippines

3 dead after strong quake shakes southern Philippines

AFP
February 10, 2017

A strong quake shook the southern Philippines on Friday, killing at least three people, toppling buildings and sending panicked residents fleeing their homes, media reports and authorities said.

The 6.5-magnitude earthquake knocked out power in the city of Surigao, more than 700 kilometres southeast of the capital Manila, and an unknown number of people are believed to be trapped in rubble.

At least seven people were injured by falling debris in the quake which the US Geological Survey said struck at a depth of 27 kilometres at 10:00 p.m (1400 GMT).

The Philippine seismological office recorded a magnitude of 6.7 with an epicentre 14 kilometres north of Surigao. The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center said there was no tsunami threat.

Three people have died, radio station DZMM reported, citing the military, but no further details were given.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟24,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"The land is like the garden of Eden before them, and behind them it a desolate wilderness; yea nothing shall escape them" Joel 2:3.

"They shall run like mighty men; they shall climb the wall like men of war; and they shall march every one on his ways, and they shall not break their ranks" Joel 2:7.

The prophecy of Joel 2 does not describe the destruction of Israel by supernatural, or cosmic forces. It describes destruction wrought against Israel by an invading army.

How you translate that into a CME event beats me !

The same invasion of Judea is mentioned again in Matthew 24:15.

In Daniel 11:42-43 it says the armies of the antichrist will move against Egypt and Libya, and upon hearing troubling tidings from the east and north, they shall go forth with "great fury to destroy and utterly to make away many" (Daniel 11:44).

That certainly sounds like a World War to me and not just a CME, but you stick to that CME (No World War) narrative if it gives you comfort Keras.

Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟24,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
People are just as ideologically intractable when it comes to the idea that a Middle East Peace Agreement will precede the Tribulation Period. As I pointed out in earlier in a recent post, "THERE IS NO ONE TO NEGOTIATE A PEACE AGREEMENT WITH !

Same goes for the reconstruction of another Jewish temple in Jerusalem. IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN ! In fact, during the Second Half of Tribulations, you're going to see EVERY WALL in a tenth part of Jerusalem FALL DOWN, which will include the Wailing Wall as well, (Revelation 11:13, Matthew 23:38, Ezekiel 38:20).

Belief in such MYTHS as a Pre-Tribulation Middle East Peace Agreement and a rebuilt Jewish temple are precisely the reason why so many people will not see what is coming, or recognize it when it is happening, even though it is taking place right before their eyes (Matthew 24:27).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,186.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
People are just as ideologically intractable when it comes to the idea that a Middle East Peace Agreement will precede the Tribulation Period. As I pointed out in earlier in a recent post, "THERE IS NO ONE TO NEGOTIATE A PEACE AGREEMENT WITH !

Same goes for the reconstruction of another Jewish temple in Jerusalem. IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN ! In fact, during the Second Half of Tribulations, you're going to see EVERY WALL in a tenth part of Jerusalem FALL DOWN, which will include the Wailing Wall as well, (Revelation 11:13, Matthew 23:38, Ezekiel 38:20).

Belief in such MYTHS as a Pre-Tribulation Middle East Peace Agreement and a rebuilt Jewish temple are precisely the reason why so many people will not see what is coming, or recognize it when it is happening, even though it is taking place right before their eyes (Matthew 24:27).

Brother, you know you and I usually agree on many points. Like you, I believe we are already living in the tribulation period, but I believe also that there will come a seven year period prior to the second coming that will include a strengthening of an existing covenant that will deceive everyone. But according to scripture, it will not be possible to deceive the elect. I have asked myself why it will not be possible to deceive the elect. The only answer is the elect are not here. I am not dogmatic about it. It just makes sense to me. It is not myth to me. I think someone will broker a peace treaty though that people will THINK is the one spoken of in scripture but will not be. I remember the Camp David Accord between Sadat and Begin. People thought that was it. Then there was the Oslo accord, People thought that was it. Well, I think there may be another one that people will say is it, but it will not be. So, imho, we pretty much agree on that point to. :)

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,186.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Magnitude 5.6 earthquake rocks southern Taiwan
No injuries were reported at the time of publication.
TAIPEI (Taiwan News) - An earthquake measuring 5.6 on the Richter scale struck 12.2 kilometers southwest of Tainan City on Taiwan's southwestern coast at 01:12 a.m. on Saturday. The nighttime quake occurred at a depth of 18.4 kilometers, making it a very shallow one, according to the Central Weather Bureau (CWB).

The quake was felt across central and southern Taiwan. The strongest intensity was felt in Tainan city at level 6, while Kaohsiung City reported level 4 intensity. In central Taiwan, an intensity level of 3 was felt in Chiayi City/County, Yunlin County and Changhua County.

Located along the so-called Pacific Ring of Fire, Taiwan uses an intensity scale of 1 to 7, which gauges the degree to which a quake is felt in a specific location.

No injuries were reported at the time of publication. There's only minor damage to some grocery stores in Tainan.

A year ago, a magnitude 6.4 earthquake rocked southwestern Taiwan at 03:57 a.m. on February 6, 2016, claiming 117 lives, mostly from the collapse of the Weiguan Jinlong residential complex in Tainan City. Local residents said on the social media that the latest quake triggered a vivid memory of the tragedy and a nagging sense of fear at the moment.

Tainan residents told local media Saturday that the intensity of the quake was as massive as the one happening a year ago, though the new one lasted for only around five seconds. Some scared residents ran outside the house as a precautionary measure.

Earlier, a strong earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 6.7 jolted the southern Philippines late Friday. The U.S. Geological Survey said that it was located at a relatively shallow depth of 10 kilometers.
Magnitude 5.6 earthquake rocks southern Taiwan | Taiwan News

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,926.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The prophecy of Joel 2 does not describe the destruction of Israel by supernatural, or cosmic forces. It describes destruction wrought against Israel by an invading army.
How you translate that into a CME event beats me !
The same invasion of Judea is mentioned again in Matthew 24:15.
How you make out what is prophesied into a conventional army, beats me. Making this worldwide disaster happen at the time of the Desecration of the Temple, shows how confused you are.

Joel 1:15 The day is near, the Day of the Lord it comes as a mighty destruction from Almighty God.

Joel 2:1-5 Blow the trumpet in Israel, sound the alarm in Jerusalem. Let all who live in the Land tremble, for the Day of the Lord is coming – it is close at hand. A Day of darkness and clouds. Like the dawn, an innumerable host comes across the land, such as never was and will never be again. A fire goes before them, leaving wasteland behind. With a great noise they leap mountains and consume everything to stubble.

Joel 2:6-11 At the sight of them, all the nations are in anguish. They march in line, none swerving against any defense. They rush upon cities and enter houses through the windows. The earth quakes and the sky is darkened. The Lord thunders at the head of His army, beyond number are those who obey His command. The Day of the Lord is great and dreadful, who can endure it?
Joel 1:6-12 & 19-20 this invading host destroys trees and crops. Fire has burnt the pastures and trees. All the streams have dried up.
The Day of the Lord, as described by Joel is not Armageddon, at the Return of Jesus or at the Great White Throne judgement. It is plainly an event before then, also prophesied in Isaiah 2:12-21, Revelation 6:12-17, Ezekiel 7:2-9: + over other 100 times.

Joel uses the metaphor of an army to describe how this destruction moves across the earth as it rotates- ‘with the dawn’. As nations turn to face the sun, the effects of a Coronal Mass Ejection- sunstrike will hit them. Initially, it will strike the earth as a light flash [Isaiah 30:26a] within 8 minutes, then the highly charged cosmic particles arrive about 24 hours later, causing immense destruction and deaths. Fires and volcanic eruptions will result in smoke and ash clouds, covering the sky. Isaiah 29:5-6, Psalms 18:7-15, Jeremiah 4:23-28
Judah [the current State of Israel] is affected- Hosea 8:14, Ezekiel 20:45-48, Isaiah 4:3-4.

And the Lord’s enemies: Isaiah 22:5-14, Psalms 83:1-18, Isaiah 63:1-6 plus many others:
Deuteronomy 32:34-35 says how He will act when His enemies ‘foot will slip”. That is they make a mistake. That mistake will be their instigating an attack against Israel.

Malachi 4:1-3 Surely the Day of the Lord is coming, it will burn like a furnace. All the evildoers will be as stubble, they will be burned up. They will be ashes under your feet. But for you, who revere My Name, righteousness will rise with healing in its wings. You will rejoice and prevail over the wicked on the Day that I act against them.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.