Donald's Fourth of July message

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Oh, well, it's called "History class". One usually takes it in high school. You can also go to a library or bookstore and check out books on American history.

I know, more "elitist" stuff (education), but it's hard to break old habits.

Who needs books when you can get all the history they want you to have off a well-placed statue?

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thurgood Marshall was President? John F Kennedy and LBJ were Republicans.

Both major parties supported segregation, slavery, the whole nine yards. This business of blaming one over the other for 250 years is laughable.

BTW, what color are you?
1. Dwight Eisenhower, who was Republican, enforced integration.
2. "Southern Manifesto" look it up. So when we are talking about "both parties supporting segregation" we are actually talking about a couple republicans jumping on the Democrat band wagon.
3. Black Puerto Rican

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
1. Dwight Eisenhower, who was Republican, enforced integration.
2. "Southern Manifesto" look it up. So when we are talking about "both parties supporting segregation" we are actually talking about a couple republicans jumping on the Democrat band wagon.
3. Black Puerto Rican
Republican Lyndon Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act. Republican Harry Truman desegregated the Armed Forces.

Southern Democrats AND Republicans opposed the 1964 Civil Rights while Northern Republicans AND Democrats supported the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

Vote for Trump, I don't care. Just stop the stupid argument that either party has been angelic on civil rights.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'm simply asking if you're worried about that happening to Rushmore.

Why?

Not the best, but it's a step up.

It's lacking.

There are more things in heaven and earth, than you are able to "find" (apologies to Mr. Shakespeare)

This one's pretty visible.

That's what he calls it...

That's a "no".

Well, hearing is the first step; understanding follows...

... eventually.

I'd like to believe that...but the evidence shows otherwise. The same foolish people make the same foolish claims they did 5 years ago...forgetting how it ended then.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
As in Australia, responsibility for Covid 19 responses in the US lies with the states, not with the federal government.

If the states mess up Covid 19 responses, responsibility lies with the leadership of those states.

What makes you think that? Covid19 is a not just a national problem, it is an international problem. Leadership should be coming from the federal government at the least. Trump has been all over the place and wrong far too many times here. He does not care about the disease, he only cares how it will affect his reelection. This was his chance to shine and instead he was just Trump again.

Upvote 0

istodolez

Jun 7, 2020
Washington
✟24,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Who needs books when you can get all the history they want you to have off a well-placed statue?

When I lived in New Orleans one day we were meandering around and ran across the "Battle of Liberty Place" Monument. (I believe it is now gone). It marked a very important time and place for white supremacists, but it was just kind of off behind some building somewhere as I recall (this was >25 years ago so my memory is hazy). It was WEIRD to see something like this because I'm a Northerner and seeing something racist like this memorialized. I believe they tried to add a line in the 1990's that tried to moderate the white-supremacy sort of thing but didn't really take.

It's always interesting to see symbols of hatred because it helps remind us where we came FROM and hopefully where we are moving AWAY from. The Nuremburg Rally grounds in Germany are now a moving museum to the horrors of the Holocaust. People can learn from seeing our dark history. But by the same token we don't need to see people "celebrating" that darkness. Which is the real danger.

(That, and the fact that many of the "Confederate Statues" we see in debate these days were actually erected in the 1920's when the KKK and other white supremacist orgs wanted to rebuild the myth of the "Lost Cause" and maintain white supremacy)

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Republican Lyndon Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act. Republican Harry Truman desegregated the Armed Forces.

Southern Democrats AND Republicans opposed the 1964 Civil Rights while Northern Republicans AND Democrats supported the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

Vote for Trump, I don't care. Just stop the stupid argument that either party has been angelic on civil rights.

Or maybe....base things upon events that happened after some of the people running for goverment were born?

Upvote 0

istodolez

Jun 7, 2020
Washington
✟24,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
As in Australia, responsibility for Covid 19 responses in the US lies with the states, not with the federal government.

I guess we were ultimately going to find out how bizarre this "states role and rights" argument was going to go. Now we've found it!

If the states mess up Covid 19 responses, responsibility lies with the leadership of those states.

I don't know what part of the US YOU live in, but I've literally lived all over the US from NE-->SW-->NW-->Middle America (where I grew up). And at no point was I ever not allowed to travel between states freely.

I'm going to save you the headscratching here and explain why this important to you: a state which mishandles the disease creates DISEASE VECTORS which can TRAVEL FREELY ACROSS STATE LINES!

Meaning that if your state did it right, you are still in danger.

So get over your fear of "The Federal Government". We are ONE NATION. We should be able to act like it.

Upvote 0

istodolez

Jun 7, 2020
Washington
✟24,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
In practice, it's typified by first scapegoating a particular group or class, in this case white men

It seems quite easy for you to find egregious examples of racism against white people. Must be hard being a white person in the US, eh?

You should probably start protesting.

• Haha
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Call me curious.

It's lacking.

It's imperfect, but a noticeable improvement over what I was originally given.

This one's pretty visible.

As is the nose on your face, but you spend every waking minute looking past it.

That's a "no".

Of course it's not a real army, but Donald calls it one. (What does he know about armies, amirite?)

He'd probably call himself a great man if you asked him... sometimes you just have to smile, nod, and be polite until he leaves the room.

I'd like to believe that...but the evidence shows otherwise. The same foolish people make the same foolish claims they did 5 years ago...forgetting how it ended then.

All sorts of people make foolish claims all the time; you'll have to be a lot more specific.

In any case, I did say "eventually" -- call me an optimist.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Badum...cha!
SlushySimplisticAracari-size_restricted.gif

Thank you... thank you... I'm here all week! Try the Veal Piccata, and don't forget to tip your waitresses!

• Haha
Reactions: Oompa Loompa
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It seems quite easy for you to find egregious examples of racism against white people. Must be hard being a white person in the US, eh?

You should probably start protesting.

Unfortunately there's always going to be stupid people who hate someone for dumb reasons.

Not worth protesting.

Reactions: Searching1God
Upvote 0

istodolez

Jun 7, 2020
Washington
✟24,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Unfortunately there's always going to be stupid people who hate someone for dumb reasons.

Not worth protesting.

But it's DEFINITELY worth kvetching about it? Maybe if you whinge about it enough it will convince the black people in America who are killed by police for minor infractions that everybody has it tough. I mean looky here, here's a white person who occasionally has to hear unpleasant things about white people! OH THE HORROR!

So hard. So hard.

• Haha
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Call me curious.

I'm more concerned about why they're doing it.

It's imperfect

And blatantly wrong.

Of course it's not a real army

We already established this.

All sorts of people make foolish claims all the time; you'll have to be a lot more specific.

How specific do you want me to get?

Last go around....I saw a similar call for "white people" to get out and protest. Then the issue was that there was too many white people in pictures (aka centering whiteness). The resulting conclusion was if you were white, you should stand in between the black people and police when the bricks and bottles were thrown but when cameras were flashing and the media showed up....fade into the background.

It's that sort of "things you care about don't matter but things I care about do" attitude that caused a lot of this to fizzle out after a couple of years....

Example Black Lives Matter protesters stop Toronto's Pride parade

Kinda weird people forgot about this stuff...but it's happening all over again, so I expect the same results.

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'm not aware of any official statements regarding his political party, but it's certainly possible... the parties having effectively switched platforms in the 1960s.

...let us know if they ever switch back.
Ahhh...the debunked and desperate "party switch" myth. Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel good.

Let us know when you finally see the idiocy and absurdity of that claim.

Upvote 0

Searching1God

Site Supporter
Oct 18, 2017
Denver
✟94,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You do realise that many, many people end up trying to get into America because they were turned away from European countries?

When there are no other options, America is the best option.

You do realize there are other countries in the world besides European countries? Or is Europe the world to you? You sound quite Eurocentric.

So if I borrow your statement, people trying to cross over that 1,933 miles long border by land or water are only trying to get into America because they were turned away from European countries... and since you claim "there are no other options" I have to assume they were also turned away from EVERY OTHER country in the world besides European countries.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Ahhh...the debunked and desperate "party switch" myth. Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel good.

Let us know when you finally see the idiocy and absurdity of that claim.
Just one telling aspect of it:

Its pretty much entirely R people who are bemoaning that confederate slavers and racists are being removed from places of public honor.

• Agree
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.