Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
“Donald Trump is pursuing and articulating an agenda that is at odds with the conservative agenda that we governed on during our four years. That’s why I cannot in good conscience endorse Donald Trump in this campaign,” Pence said on Fox News, in a stunning repudiation of his former running mate.

“As I have watched his candidacy unfold, I’ve seen him walking away from our commitment to confronting the national debt. I’ve seen him starting to shy away from a commitment to the sanctity of human life. And this last week, his reversal on getting tough on China and supporting our administration’s efforts to force a sale of ByteDance’s TikTok,” he added.

• Haha
Reactions: DaisyDay

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Very Very small percentage of Republicans really care what Mike Pence says. Even though Pence did raise a couple of good points, he should understand that, if conservatives, libertarians, and independents want something better than Joe Biden, then Donald Trump is really the only feasible, electable choice left at this time.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Very Very small percentage of Republicans really care what Mike Pence says. Even though Pence did raise a couple of good points, he should understand that, if conservatives, libertarians, and independents want something better than Joe Biden, then Donald Trump is really the only feasible, electable choice left at this time.

Republican voters had a choice in the primary, as they did in 2016 & 2020. Saying Trump is the only "electable choice left at this time" is a cop out.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
How depressing.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Republican voters had a choice in the primary, as they did in 2016 & 2020. Saying Trump is the only "electable choice left at this time" is a cop out.
Not really.
Pence and others had their chances. He failed to get anything more than single digits percentage support among GOP voters.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,275.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
He has probably given up politics to cash in by becoming a lobbyist, as most former legislators seem to do.

So he can say what he wants. Actually he has apparently become a distinguished fellow for the Heritage Foundation and has contracts with Simon and Schuster for autobiographies.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not really.
Pence and others had their chances. He failed to get anything more than single digits percentage support among GOP voters.

Yea, Pence was too conscientious for the Republican primary voter.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
A guy who won one single election against a terrible opponent, almost 8 years ago… is hardly the definition of electable.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Except, Trump very much is not better.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If you want something better than Biden, you would have to look for a different party than the GOP currently.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If you want something better than Biden, you would have to look for a different party than the GOP currently.
I disagree.

• Wow
Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I disagree.
I mean, Biden didn't wantonly kill Americans with disinformation, try to stage a coup, sell state secrets to enemies, put unqualified family members into official positions and give them security clearances they shouldn't have, suck up to a laundry list of dictators, and so on. The bar to at least be nearly on par with Biden should be relatively low, yet the GOP seems to be subterranean since Trump entered their political sphere.

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
“Donald Trump is pursuing and articulating an agenda that is at odds with the conservative agenda that we governed on during our four years. That’s why I cannot in good conscience endorse Donald Trump in this campaign,” Pence said on Fox News, in a stunning repudiation of his former running mate.

“As I have watched his candidacy unfold, I’ve seen him walking away from our commitment to confronting the national debt. I’ve seen him starting to shy away from a commitment to the sanctity of human life. And this last week, his reversal on getting tough on China and supporting our administration’s efforts to force a sale of ByteDance’s TikTok,” he added.
I wonder why he did not bring up the gallows thing?

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I wonder why he did not bring up the gallows thing?
To his credit, he's framing this about the threat Trump poses to the nation and to religious, conservative values, not to him personally.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
To his credit, he's framing this about the threat Trump poses to the nation and to religious, conservative values, not to him personally.
Nobody except mother is listening.

If he can't tell people specifically why Trump is a threat based on what Pence has witnessed, he won't make any difference.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He may not publicly "endorse" Trump but he will probably vote for him. Republicans are such fools. They had so many possible candidates. Of course the Dems are equally foolish. Both parties have done a disservice to the American people. This is tragic.

Upvote 0