• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Donald's Fourth of July message

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by TLK Valentine, Jul 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arc F1

Arc F1 Let the righteous man arise from slumber Supporter

+1,336
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I would probably throw out the person who thought it was OK to bring in a skunk. Skunks are nasty.

2. TLK Valentine

TLK Valentine You will be who you will be. We are our choices.

+21,687
    Agnostic
    Single
    I'm simply asking if you're worried about that happening to Rushmore.

Not the best, but it's a step up.

Nah, I drive a Kia. Better mileage.

There are more things in heaven and earth, than you are able to "find" (apologies to Mr. Shakespeare)

Yes, which I am allowed to have... Even in One Nation Under Donald.

That's what he calls it... in my opinion (which I am still allowed to have), I think he's overcompensating for something...

Perhaps Ms. Daniels has an opinion of her own regarding what that might be?

Well, hearing is the first step; understanding follows...

... eventually.

3. Arc F1

Arc F1 Let the righteous man arise from slumber Supporter

+1,336
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    My grandmother was Indian. I don't remember a lot about it, she died while I was young. I just remembered that she use to tell stories about it and I thought it was cool because she actually looked like an Indian. She married a white man and thanks to them I'm here.

4. Larnievc

Larnievc Well-Known Member

+3,241
    Atheist
    Married
    UK-Labour
    Apart from 4 the UK (and most other developed nations) have all of that. Why can't America manage it when other non-Exceptional countries can?

5. TLK Valentine

+21,687
    Agnostic
    Single
    People aren't taxed according to race... who told you to think that they were?

Here's the short and simple (hopefully enough) version: Everyone gets taxed regardless of race. The money goes into one big pile, so to speak, which then gets divided up according to the budget -- which is determined by Congress (when they're able to) and signed by the president. If reparations are in the budget, a portion goes to that.

Now, if anyone is advocating doing it differently regarding reparations, I certainly haven't heard about it, and wouldn't support their method. It's not enough to be right; one must also do right.

6. KCfromNC

KCfromNC Regular Member

+9,864
    Atheist
    Private
    He seems pretty set on getting a country which paid a bounty to kill US troops admitted into the G7.

I mean, I guess that wouldn't make a great campaign ad for him, but it does make me question how honest he is about not having a plan.

7. Larnievc

Larnievc Well-Known Member

+3,241
    Atheist
    Married
    UK-Labour
    Not wanting money will be incomprehensible to the average American brought up to worship the Almighty Dollar.

8. KCfromNC

KCfromNC Regular Member

+9,864
    Atheist
    Private
    "It was not immediately apparent to what the president was referring."

9. KCfromNC

KCfromNC Regular Member

+9,864
    Atheist
    Private
    Meanwhile back here in reality neither party has had a 40 year stretch of exclusive control of both the executive and legislative branches.

Nice sounding rhetoric, though. I'm sure it plays well with people looking to rationalize their support of Donald for whatever reason.

10. Allandavid

Allandavid Well-Known Member

+6,870
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    Someone moved Vietnam to the Middle East...??

Has anyone told Hanoi.....?

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. Nithavela

Nithavela The reasoning for the seasoning

+12,648
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    Haven't you heard? It's all been democrats before Trump. That's why everything is so messed up, because only the democrats ruled over everything and now Trump has to fight the good fight against the deep state and the elites, with Hillary and Soros and Bezos. I want icecream.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. Oompa Loompa

Oompa Loompa Against both police brutality and cop killing.

+643
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Sure. As a colored man who currently lives in the South, i would be glad to play that game. Seprate but equal and Jim Crow were democrat policies. Can you take a stab at what President desegregated the schools and which political party he belonged to?

13. FireDragon76

FireDragon76 contemplative humanist Supporter

+12,253
    United States
    Other Religion
    Legal Union (Other)
    US-Democrat
    Populist demagoguery and the anti-intellectualism that goes with it.

14. Oompa Loompa

+643
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Yep...you were right and I was wrong. My apologies.

15. Oompa Loompa

+643
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    You'd think so.

16. TheBear

TheBear NON-WOKED

+1,724
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    So he was a Democrat.

17. istodolez

istodolez Well-Known Member

+1,024
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    First off, Clint, I must apologize for using the word "deplorables" it was in service to a larger point. I actually don't think most Trump supporters are "deplorables" but since I'm being told that those of us who want the country we love to be all it can be should LEAVE I was merely pushing back since it seemed pretty nasty to tell some of us in America that we aren't worthy of being Americans.

I understand it is "elitist" to get an education, work hard, sacrifice and get a good job. Follow the rules. Do what you're supposed to do. And I apologize if that approach is offensive to you.

Was it hate to suggest that people like me should "leave" our own country? Is our country only for certain people?

I hope not. I hope we can do better as a country. We've done so much good in the past.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  18. istodolez

istodolez Well-Known Member

+1,024
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    Oh, well, it's called "History class". One usually takes it in high school. You can also go to a library or bookstore and check out books on American history.

I know, more "elitist" stuff (education), but it's hard to break old habits.

19. TLK Valentine

+21,687
    Agnostic
    Single
    I'm not aware of any official statements regarding his political party, but it's certainly possible... the parties having effectively switched platforms in the 1960s.

...let us know if they ever switch back.

20. cow451

cow451 The Most Interesting Poster in the Forum Supporter

+16,379
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    Thurgood Marshall was President? John F Kennedy and LBJ were Republicans.

Both major parties supported segregation, slavery, the whole nine yards. This business of blaming one over the other for 250 years is laughable.

BTW, what "color" are you?

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.