Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
That's all they really have. I don't think they have thought this through, however, as this line of argument would apply to Obama and every black person with power, while absolving poor white people of the stain.
They don't have to think anything through do they. Having the support of the liberal media, they know any lies they throw around will always be presented as sweetness and light no matter how disgustingly untrue it is.
They have a free pass to express any level of racist vitriol and hatred at white people, and it will always be acceptable no matter how much violence it generates.

• Agree
Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well said, Yonny. I posted several articles that well document his history of racist behavior earlier in this thread (click here). It's not surprising to me that a Trump supporter has already scoffed at those articles. I think Trump's conservative evangelical supporters have always turned a blind eye to his unChristian and questionable behavior. It's become apparent to me that they have also turned a blind eye to his long history of infidelity and philandering too. You would think that after all the years of them ranting about Bill Clinton and his sexual scandals, that they wouldn't dare support a man with that same kind of behavior. But after months of listening to these Christians praise Trump, defend him and attempt to justify his behavior, I'm now convinced that his evangelical supporters must have laid aside their moral convictions and traditional Christian values to support him. I don't know how else to explain why evangelical Christians would politically support a man like him.
Don't forget the KKK is a Christian organization. So some Christians not only turn a blind eye to racism but also actively participate.

Also the longer Trump is president the more we can watch Conservatives support the exact behavior they claimed to hate. They support a leader who never takes personal responsibility. They support a leader who is has no family values. They support a leader who is happy to put the country much further in debt. They support a leader with a long and well documented history of racist behavior. It seems that some Conservatives never meant a word of what they said.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don't forget the KKK is a Christian organization. So some Christians not only turn a blind eye to racism but also actively participate.

Also the longer Trump is president the more we can watch Conservatives support the exact behavior they claimed to hate. They support a leader who never takes personal responsibility. They support a leader who is has no family values. They support a leader who is happy to put the country much further in debt. They support a leader with a long and well documented history of racist behavior. It seems that some Conservatives never meant a word of what they said.

Very true, Yonny. If the usual pattern of denial and deflection is followed, we can expect a firm denial that the KKK was founded by white Christians and the fact that some white Christians are still actively involved with it or denial that the Klan still has any influence in politics. We can also expect some purposeful deflection in an attempt to discredit Democrats and liberals and/or purposeful deflection to attack Trump's Democratic political rivals. All of these examples have been common tactics used to purposely deflect attention away from Trump, including deflection from his behavior and policies.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Very true, Yonny. If the usual pattern of denial and deflection is followed, we can expect a firm denial that the KKK was founded by white Christians and the fact that some white Christians are still actively involved with it or denial that the Klan still has any influence in politics. We can also expect some purposeful deflection in an attempt to discredit Democrats and liberals and/or purposeful deflection to attack Trump's Democratic political rivals. All of these examples have been common tactics used to purposely deflect attention away from Trump, including deflection from his behavior and policies.

So, should we apply the same standard for black Muslims and Nation of Islam?

• Agree
Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
The majority of Americans voted him into office, so by extension the majority of Americans are racists? LOL Not even close, not even hand grenade close.
The majority of Americans did not vote for him (something that makes him seethe with anger). I can't really say if most of his supporters are racist, but most racists in America support him.

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Whataboutism, FTW!

Gotta love the deflection without addressing the post. Black Muslims are not all part of the Nation of Islam, BTW.

It's the usual pattern of deflection and denial, as I mentioned.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The majority of Americans did not vote for him (something that makes him seethe with anger). I can't really say if most of his supporters are racist, but most racists in America support him.

Well said.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

The electoral college has been in place since 1787, states worth more electoral votes have a higher density population. Donald Trump is far from the only President to win through electoral votes versus number of states. I seriously doubt IF it could be established that Donald Trump is indeed a racist to whatever extent, I seriously doubt he would be the first President to be a racist. So far as supporters go, there are as many black racists if not more than whites. I think most people feel more comfortable with people that look similar to them, at least from my experiences and observations. I mean as a matter of preference, it can be easier to relate to, have in common with. It's sad but it's a common phenomenon. Personally, I have rarely felt like I belong most anywhere. I have always felt like an outsider, even when I made efforts to be otherwise.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
The electoral college has been in place since 1787, states worth more electoral votes have a higher density population. Donald Trump is far from the only President to win through electoral votes versus number of states.
I never said he did not win the electoral college, so your response is pointless. You said the majority voted for him, they did not. If you want to start playing the game where you say the majority of states, by all means, start playing the goalpost game.

I seriously doubt IF it could be established that Donald Trump is indeed a racist to whatever extent, I seriously doubt he would be the first President to be a racist.
No one ever said there were not other presidents who were racist. For instance, Woodrow Wilson held a screening of The Birth of a Nation and praised the film. But yeah, a straw man is not surprising when trying to deflect from Trump's racist statements and behavior (which he has been sued for with regard to housing discrimination

So far as supporters go, there are as many black racists if not more than whites.
Another unattributed statement with no basis in reality.

I think most people feel more comfortable with people that look similar to them, at least from my experiences and observations. I mean as a matter of preference, it can be easier to relate to, have in common with. It's sad but it's a common phenomenon. Personally, I have rarely felt like I belong most anywhere. I have always felt like an outsider, even when I made efforts to be otherwise.
People like to repeat this statement, and I think they repeat it because they want it to be true. People do relate to others they have more in common with; however, skin color is the least of those commonalities that separate us, that's simply a learned behavior that has continued for generations. When I hear someone say they have more in common with medical doctors with their PhD background, I get it. But when people start attributing their skin color as commonality when one person grew up in a city while another grew up in the mountains, there ain't nothing natural about that.

At the end of the day, that still means nothing to the fact that Donald Trump is a textbook racist based on his statements and actions, looking at multiple forms of racism.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Donald Trump is a textbook racist

Before some of you fly off the handle, it would be best to actually read the piece and respond to the specific points the author is making. It would also help that you speak in the context of the definitions provided instead of your own conception of racism.

Scholars break racism into multiple categories:
  • Structural racism: Assigning social value to human populations contingent on misperceptions of inherent differences.
  • Symbolic racism: Rhetoric that delegitimizes others.
  • Institutional racism: Incorporating and formalizing misperceptions of differences into society through public policy.
  • Interpersonal racism: Acting on such misperceptions in direct or face-to-face interactions.
  • Insidious racism: Unconscious belief in and perpetuation of these phenomena.
  • Internalized racism: Among victimized populations, accepting and manifesting negative portrayals.
  • Systemic racism: The influence of these phenomena at multiple levels and across multiple dimensions of society.
Most everyone has at least some racial prejudice in them. BLM is a racist organization based on erronious assumptions that are inconsistent with statistics.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Whataboutism, FTW!

Gotta love the deflection without addressing the post. Black Muslims are not all part of the Nation of Islam, BTW.

...that was the point. Do you think that all white Christians are part of the KKK?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I never said he did not win the electoral college, so your response is pointless. You said the majority voted for him, they did not. If you want to start playing the game where you say the majority of states, by all means, start playing the goalpost game.

I never said that you said...and it is hardly pointless considering Trump is in office.

No one ever said there were not other presidents who were racist. For instance, Woodrow Wilson held a screening of The Birth of a Nation and praised the film. But yeah, a straw man is not surprising when trying to deflect from Trump's racist statements and behavior (which he has been sued for with regard to housing discrimination

I see so I should just assume that everyone already knows....yeah right. Tis' hardly a strawman, considering it was not misrepresented proposition, considering you agree, considering the person in question is a president...yeah.

Another unattributed statement with no basis in reality.

Yeah, reality, the Black Panthers are not real. And goodness knows there wouldn't have ever been a racist among those righteous brothers. My bad.

Black-Panther-Party-armed-guards-in-street-shotguns.jpg

People like to repeat this statement, and I think they repeat it because they want it to be true. People do relate to others they have more in common with; however, skin color is the least of those commonalities that separate us, that's simply a learned behavior that has continued for generations. When I hear someone say they have more in common with medical doctors with their PhD background, I get it. But when people start attributing their skin color as commonality when one person grew up in a city while another grew up in the mountains, there ain't nothing natural about that.

People? I am a person, I didn't want it to be true, I found it to be true. My word, it's not as though I create truth, it is what it is, like it or not. Skin color is the least? Are you kidding me? People are so caught up with outward appearances that it's not even funny. Growing up, my parents couldn't afford a nice new pair of Jordons, in fact they couldn't afford most name brands. My first automobile was a rust bucket, of course I felt embarrassed and probably got a few laughs. Why are people so caught up in or conscience about their weight? Why do people make fun of those that are? I could go on and on with how mankind is caught up with exterior things. How often are people pre-judged by appearance before anyone even attempts to learn anything about that person?

At the end of the day, that still means nothing to the fact that Donald Trump is a textbook racist based on his statements and actions, looking at multiple forms of racism.

Creating a list of different types and forms of racism, and implying "that's him alright", would not win in any real court, with a real judge.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The electoral college has been in place since 1787, states worth more electoral votes have a higher density population. Donald Trump is far from the only President to win through electoral votes versus number of states. I seriously doubt IF it could be established that Donald Trump is indeed a racist to whatever extent, I seriously doubt he would be the first President to be a racist. So far as supporters go, there are as many black racists if not more than whites. I think most people feel more comfortable with people that look similar to them, at least from my experiences and observations. I mean as a matter of preference, it can be easier to relate to, have in common with. It's sad but it's a common phenomenon. Personally, I have rarely felt like I belong most anywhere. I have always felt like an outsider, even when I made efforts to be otherwise.

Trump became president by getting enough electoral votes. Trump DID NOT win a majority of the popular vote, Clinton did.

This, is reality.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Trump became president by getting enough electoral votes. Trump DID NOT win a majority of the popular vote, Clinton did.

This, is reality.
It's a weird little dance I've seen since the election. Someone will say "That's why a majority of people voted for Trump" and when it's brought up that Trump lost the popular vote, it shifts to the electoral college. Some people seem very insecure that Trump didn't actually get the most votes. I don't like the electoral college and have said it needs to go away since I learned about it in schools, but I fully recognize that's the rules of the game. Popular vote isn't. But we also shouldn't try to pretend more people voted for Trump because that isn't true. The minority won.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's a weird little dance I've seen since the election. Someone will say "That's why a majority of people voted for Trump" and when it's brought up that Trump lost the popular vote, it shifts to the electoral college. Some people seem very insecure that Trump didn't actually get the most votes. I don't like the electoral college and have said it needs to go away since I learned about it in schools, but I fully recognize that's the rules of the game. Popular vote isn't. But we also shouldn't try to pretend more people voted for Trump because that isn't true. The minority won.

I agree and also sort of disagree.

Here is the reality, both Trump and Clinton knew long before the election, the next president would have to do well in 5-6 key states. All the other states were likely in the bag for either candidate and whether they ran up the total in those states, was meaningless. For the most part, a presidential election every 4 years comes down to these states, which is why each candidate focuses so much on them.

Now, knowing this, Trump's win was shocking in the sense that, he won all those key states, that Obama had won 4 years before and no one expected that. Many blacks, women and hispanics that voted for Obama 4 years before, were not willing to vote for Hilary and that is why she lost.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I agree and also sort of disagree.

Here is the reality, both Trump and Clinton knew long before the election, the next president would have to do well in 5-6 key states. All the other states were likely in the bag for either candidate and whether they ran up the total in those states, was meaningless. For the most part, a presidential election every 4 years comes down to these states, which is why each candidate focuses so much on them.

Now, knowing this, Trump's win was shocking in the sense that, he won all those key states, that Obama had won 4 years before and no one expected that. Many blacks, women and hispanics that voted for Obama 4 years before, were not willing to vote for Hilary and that is why she lost.

Oh, I'm not saying it wasn't shocking. I just think there's this attempt to pretend that more people in the country supported Trump than Clinton and the vote totals tell a different story.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh, I'm not saying it wasn't shocking. I just think there's this attempt to pretend that more people in the country supported Trump than Clinton and the vote totals tell a different story.

Individuals yes, States, no

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.