Status
Not open for further replies.

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Actually it can mean both cultural and biological.So you keep repeating, but we can all see man of Asian decent, a woman of Caucasian (maybe hispanic / Mediterranean) descent and a man of African descent in the pictures.
And that's a matter of descent, which is biological.
Does that mean one is better than the other?
No one suggested one is better than the other, the point is they are all Hispanic.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Anyone who looks at a Arab or Asian and assumes anything about their religion is a fool. They can be Muslin, Christian (like the Caldeans), Buddist, Hindu, and a mess load of a bunch of other religion. I would never assume and always do ask. They speak a wide variety of languages and dialects too.

Mexican is not a race. It is country with multiple cultures. Hispanic is a heritage but Latino is more specific since people from Spain are Hispanic. It also isn't a skin color since Latinos have a range of skin color from very light to very dark.

Most people aren't stupid and realize that the color of your skin doesn't mean you have one culture or one religion. To continue this stereotype doesn't accomplish anything..
No one doubts that Mexicans come in all shades or that people from the Middle East and Asia have an array of religions. However, there is a reason why Louis CK is not attacked for his Mexican heritage while Paul Rodriguez likely had a different experience. Likewise, it's the same for people attacking someone for "looking Arab." Whatever the actual background of the person or technical classification is irrelevant because the people attacking them are basing it on their skin color.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Donald Trump is a textbook racist

Before some of you fly off the handle, it would be best to actually read the piece and respond to the specific points the author is making. It would also help that you speak in the context of the definitions provided instead of your own conception of racism.

Scholars break racism into multiple categories:
  • Structural racism: Assigning social value to human populations contingent on misperceptions of inherent differences.
  • Symbolic racism: Rhetoric that delegitimizes others.
  • Institutional racism: Incorporating and formalizing misperceptions of differences into society through public policy.
  • Interpersonal racism: Acting on such misperceptions in direct or face-to-face interactions.
  • Insidious racism: Unconscious belief in and perpetuation of these phenomena.
  • Internalized racism: Among victimized populations, accepting and manifesting negative portrayals.
  • Systemic racism: The influence of these phenomena at multiple levels and across multiple dimensions of society.

I personally describe Trump as such after I read several articles listing the racist comments he has said over the years. I thought I would share a few of these articles to demonstrate my point.

Trump's Long History of Racism

The racist comments of Donald Trump

Trump and race: Decades of fueling divisions

Here Are 13 Examples Of Donald Trump Being Racist

Trump Condemned Racism As ‘Evil.’ Here Are 16 Times He Embraced It.

On Twitter, Trump accuses blacks of racism three times as often as whites

Former Apprentice Producer Says Trump Would Make Sexist and Racist Comments

Trump said 'Despicable' Racist Comments about Blacks, Jews in Taped Apprentice Meetings

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Even if not everyone won't agree with you on it, at least you put it in a smart way to prove your point.

Yeah, but some of us have been down this road before, and so we can just sit back and enjoy the effort in futility.

Upvote 0

Living Soul

Aug 28, 2017
New England
✟21,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Like which? What makes them invalid points?

I wanted to click optimistic on your post, because I think the comment you quoted was nothing more than another feeble attempt to dismiss Trump's behavior. I think it's disconcerting how anyone can defend him, let alone Christians, attempting to dismiss his behavior or even attempt to justify what he does. How anyone can overlook the way Trump behaves or think he's a Christian now is beyond me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic

Yes, he is.

Stoking Fears, Trump Defied Bureaucracy to Advance Immigration Agenda
More than 2,500 were from Afghanistan, a terrorist haven, the president complained.

Haiti had sent 15,000 people. They "all have AIDS," he grumbled, according to one person who attended the meeting and another person who was briefed about it by a different person who was there.

Forty thousand had come from Nigeria, Mr. Trump added. Once they had seen the United States, they would never "go back to their huts" in Africa, recalled the two officials, who asked for anonymity to discuss a sensitive conversation in the Oval Office.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

This is why I mock the press anymore. I don't recall Fox, at the height of their Obama hatred, publishing unsubstantiated "quotes" like this. This is something that the National Inquirer would do. Imagine how much crap Fox news would have gotten, rightfully so, if they had published "anonymous sources" claiming that Barry had referred to white people as crackers or something. I am pretty sure that this is a complete violation of journalistic ethics.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This is why I mock the press anymore. I don't recall Fox, at the height of their Obama hatred, publishing unsubstantiated "quotes" like this. This is something that the National Inquirer would do. Imagine how much crap Fox news would have gotten, rightfully so, if they had published "anonymous sources" claiming that Barry had referred to white people as crackers or something. I am pretty sure that this is a complete violation of journalistic ethics.

The reality with ALL media outlets is this; they love to create drama and use hyperbole to do so.

They also know they need to tell their core audience, what they want to hear, because that is pleasing and will keep them tuning in.

• Agree
Reactions: Rion
Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
The reality with ALL media outlets is this; they love to create drama and use hyperbole to do so.

They also know they need to tell their core audience, what they want to hear, because that is pleasing and will keep them tuning in.

Yeah, I wasn't praising or defending Fox news, I was just noting how far things have devolved.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What "race" are illegal immigrants? I thought that was a legal status.

What "race" are foreign born people?

What "race" are the various religions?

This is bunk. This article justifies the argument that "If I don't like you or what you say, then I can call you racist."

Even the basic concept of race is suspect since people are all of the same race, the human race. Everything else is based on skin color and other physical attributes. How does the color of my hair, eyes, or skin define who I am? Cultural and religion differences don't define "race." They are ethnicity. Making a new definition of "race", doesn't make it true. The fact that there are "scholars" who don't get this basic difference shows how low our educational system has gotten.
Yes!

Because everyone knows that uninformed opinion is worth much more than opinion of people who have spent their lives studying topic. Stupid "scholars".

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, but some of us have been down this road before, and so we can just sit back and enjoy the effort in futility.
You enjoy watching your president factually being show to be a racist? I can't imagine a much worse image for a country, or its citizens, than having a racist leader. Perhaps that is why country and leader are seen as a clown show?

Ex-CIA official on Trump, Flynn: 'I'm watching a clown show'
As Trump debases the presidency, the religious right looks away
'I'm watching a clown show' - Philip Mudd on Trump's transition
Nance: Trump and U.S. seen as clown show

A leader who is openly mocked by other world leaders and countries.

Swedish Deputy Prime Minister Appears to Mock President Trump
More Countries Mock Trump with Wickedly Funny Parody Videos
Turnbull mocks Trump

At least you can join rest of the world in the laughter.

• Winner
Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
You enjoy watching your president factually being show to be a racist? I can't imagine a much worse image for a country, or its citizens, than having a racist leader. Perhaps that is why country and leader are seen as a clown show?

Ex-CIA official on Trump, Flynn: 'I'm watching a clown show'
As Trump debases the presidency, the religious right looks away
'I'm watching a clown show' - Philip Mudd on Trump's transition
Nance: Trump and U.S. seen as clown show

A leader who is openly mocked by other world leaders and countries.

Swedish Deputy Prime Minister Appears to Mock President Trump
More Countries Mock Trump with Wickedly Funny Parody Videos
Turnbull mocks Trump

At least you can join rest of the world in the laughter.

The lot of Americans don't realize they are being dehumanized, subverted, and destabalized by multiple nations precisely because of their dishonesty about their treatment of hyphenated Americans. Their response to dealing with that history was to elect the most blatant caricature of an incorrigible human that would reinstate their security in their alleged supremacy. That is what he represents; he goes even beyond racism, Trump has become the TOTEM of half of the nation.

Racism is much easier to tackle - and they don't even do that; instead ignoring it and then projecting their own racism and prejudices onto people who have anything remotely to do with race.

Like how someone compared the OPs signature to a racist piece of work. Yet, the signature actually shows the blatant prejudice in people who work hard to show BLM is "on par" or worse than terrorist groups.

The irony is I imagine thses people get plenty of support in the States, but outside the States it seems the psychosis it takes to regurgitate the Columbian romanticisms about politics, and maintain extreme, unconscious nationalism is staggering. Of course, the microcosm of Americans on these forums don' seem to think they have a problem. I doubt they ever thought they had a problem, but this is especially relevant since their alleged apathy and incorrigibility in politics has alienated them from the entire world. I am sure American believe tuey have allies, but i bet its allies will be "unresourced" should their provocations turned to conflagration.

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The difference is that Trump has a long and well documented history of racist behavior. He is on video making racist comments. He has been taken to court for racist behavior.

These comments are completely in character for Trump, so it is very believable. Please provide video and court evidence of Obama being a racist. When you can do that, you will have a valid point. Until then you are only distracting from what is extremely likely to be accurate reporting.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The difference is that Trump has a long and well documented history of racist behavior. He is on video making racist comments. He has been taken to court for racist behavior.

These comments are completely in character for Trump, so it is very believable. Please provide video and court evidence of Obama being a racist. When you can do that, you will have a valid point. Until then you are only distracting from the truth.

Well said, Yonny. I posted several articles that well document his history of racist behavior earlier in this thread (click here). It's not surprising to me that a Trump supporter has already scoffed at those articles. I think Trump's conservative evangelical supporters have always turned a blind eye to his unChristian and questionable behavior. It's become apparent to me that they have also turned a blind eye to his long history of infidelity and philandering too. You would think that after all the years of them ranting about Bill Clinton and his sexual scandals, that they wouldn't dare support a man with that same kind of behavior. But after months of listening to these Christians praise Trump, defend him and attempt to justify his behavior, I'm now convinced that his evangelical supporters must have laid aside their moral convictions and traditional Christian values to support him. I don't know how else to explain why evangelical Christians would politically support a man like him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.