✟1,476,689.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reject it?
Do you mean - not become saved ?
or
Become saved - then change your belief and "reject" it?

I mean I'm not absolutely confident that Hebrews 6 does not mean a person cannot believe he was saved at one point in time and then reject the belief in and of salvation.

Nor am I sure how such an action is reflected spiritually.

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I mean I'm not absolutely confident that Hebrews 6 does not mean a person cannot believe he was saved at one point in time and then reject the belief in and of salvation.

Oh sure "a person may believe he was saved, then later claims to reject salvation" -

But everything that has to DO with SAVING a mans soul, has to do with God.
We are not equipped to save our own soul.
Only God can save our soul - and that does not mean He saves every soul, just because he can.

Soul saving is dependent on a mans true faith in his heart, that he believes in and is calling on God to declare that TO God.

God is not fooled. He knows all things. God does not Save a mans soul, and then some time later, say, whoops, darn the man doesn't believe in me anymore.

Point being - a man who says "he was saved", and now doesn't believe, was "never" saved to begin with.

Saving of the soul IS exclusively for believers in the Word of God. There is no room for frauds. And there IS no remedy for God to "un-save" a soul.

We are told to be very diligent in making our election to submit to God. We are supposed to follow the model of his own disciples. Follow along, learn about God, so when we decide to submit, we are prepared, knowing exactly what we are committing to.

Salvation is an odd thing - sort of like a modern day gift card.
Something bought and paid for by one for another. It's theirs to have to use.
Meaning technically - Jesus paid for Everyone's Salvation with His flesh body.

But there is a caveat - with being given a "gift card" -
And with having "salvation provided for each person" -

And the "caveat is" - if a person does not use it, claim it, redeem it, activate it -
and the person becomes physically dead - Bummer - He lost his gift - his salvation.

Another way a person can LOSE his provided salvation IS the same way JUDAS lost his salvation - which is - FOLLOW along believe, being enlightened by the Word of God, trust it, believe it, THEN STOP FOLLOWING and never again resume FOLLOWING and believing and submit in faithfulness - JUDAS' ended his life without ever having resumed following and believing.

The KEY is about a person submitting - which is the person calling on the Lord and MAKING an assured in his hearts thoughts, commitment of faithfulness to the Lord, BEFORE his physical death occurs and his opportunity is gone.

And the "assurance" of any commitment should be precluded to knowing, having KNOWLEDGE of exactly what one is committing to. Know what God has predestine for you. Know how and why and what you personally are giving God, by your faithful commitment to Him.

2 Pet 1
[2] Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
[3] According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
[4] Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
[5] And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
[6] And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
[7] And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
[8] For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
[9] But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
[10] Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
[11] For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

lamb7

Little Lamb
Jul 19, 2017
USA
✟36,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You sound like maybe you are a fairly new convert. Would that be accurate?

God Bless,
SBC

I would say so, I was baptized in 2012, but was kind of rushed by the church I was going to and I was not ready, and then they asked me a babe to teach a life group on a book.... I feel I knew Christ more personally in 2014.

Upvote 0

lamb7

Little Lamb
Jul 19, 2017
USA
✟36,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Hmm the way I saw it, is I think Hebrews 6 was directed to the Hebrew converts who may entertain the idea of going back to the Jewish Law. There was much pressure by the Pharisees and Scribes. Those Jews who converted were in danger of possibly going back to the old sacrificial system, when they did not need to since Christ is the sacrifice once and for all.

Upvote 0

lamb7

Little Lamb
Jul 19, 2017
USA
✟36,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So you're saying you believe you could lose your salvation by accident?

Hmm I think once we are born again we don't get unborn, then reborn, then born again. Holy Spirit puts His seal on those that are His, I don't think he unseals and such. Hmm

Upvote 0

lamb7

Little Lamb
Jul 19, 2017
USA
✟36,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I totally disagree with you.

God Bless,
SBC

I used to think(still struggle on this)one could loose salvation but I think in my opinion, once we are born again we don't get unborn, then reborn, then born again. I think sometimes certain scriptures esp. ones that seem to lead one to believe you can loose salvation are reading into the text. From what I understand The Holy Spirit puts His seal on those that are His, I don't think he unseals and such.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,689.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hmm I think once we are born again we don't get unborn, then reborn, then born again. Holy Spirit puts His seal on those that are His, I don't think he unseals and such. Hmm

I would agree. From God's extemporal simultaneous viewpoint, a person is as he will eternally be.

So I disagree with the idea that if I am, indeed, saved (that is, my eternal destiny is salvation and God sees that destiny at this moment), then my destiny yet swings back and forth several times a day as my actions tend one moment in God's will and the next moment out of it.

A number of years ago, I tried this practice: Every evening in my prayers I would ask the Holy Spirit to walk me through that day, from the moment I woke up, and show me every thought and action that was not in God's perfect will for me at that moment.

I didn't do that for long--I was losing too much sleep time.

No, I don't think people swing in and out of salvation.

However, I don't have an answer for Demas. I don't have an answer for someone who swears he once believed he was saved and then subsequently decided he no longer believed.

I can say, "You were never saved in the first place even though you thought you were," but what does that mean for anyone else who believes at the moment with the same conviction that he is saved?

Reactions: lamb7
Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I would say so, I was baptized in 2012, but was kind of rushed by the church I was going to and I was not ready,

Yaa, I think that sometimes happens with parents, girlfriends, boyfriends, church members, etc., pestering another into feeling obligated to take the plunge, and totally disagree with such tactics.

If you believe in your heart - come on down - well, some people don't even know what that means, or what they ARE committing to, or what all to expect from their commitment. <--- the latter sort of struck me as something you might or might not have fully investigated. It all seems so simple - run to the alter, say I believe, schedule a water dunking, oooh rah, you can now announce you are saved and born again. But really what just happened is way more in depth than that, which personally I belief is too skimmed past.

and then they asked me a babe to teach a life group on a book....

I'm sure that was a challenge.

I feel I knew Christ more personally in 2014.

Awesome. Growth! Good for you.

God Bless,
SBC

• Agree
Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I used to think(still struggle on this)one could loose salvation but I think in my opinion, once we are born again we don't get unborn, then reborn, then born again.

Precisely.

I am critical of teaching. Be it on whatever topic. And what appears to me as a FAIL, is never teaching a student HOW to learn.

Here is a clue pertaining to Scripture. Observe the Big Picture of facts. There are Three, "places" estates, abodes if you will, created, which means such places were specifically created for occupants. (Heaven, Earth, Hell)

There are celestial, terrestrial bodies. Flesh beings, that are of different flesh. Seeds that reproduce and Seeds that bring something into living without reproducing, and so forth.

Then aside from such things - there are the things created to "sustain" such created "things" ie plants, trees, air, sun, water, dirt, etc.

Point being - ALL of those "things" are together taught in ONE Scripture.

Which immediately notifies
you that;
Scripture is inclusive of ALL things.
but that;
Not ALL Scripture APPLIES to ALL things.

Thus we have to discover WHAT does apply to us "individually".
Child, man, woman, believer, unbeliever.
And what is "required", is for the "individual" to "achieve" what he "wants" to apply to him.

Should a person decide "he wants to learn ABOUT God" - then he elects to choose a method available to him - read, go hear, stay home and hear, ask people they trust, etc.

Scripture teaches explicitly, what is required, of a believer. As well it teaches explicitly what shall become of a believer, as well what shall become of an unbeliever.

For example - the Scriptures that speak of "IF" - "IF" you do this - "then" expect such and such.

When you "DO" the "IF" - you are informed of what "YOU" can - "not might", but "can" expect.

When You "DO" - what have you just done? IMO - YOU have fulfilled Scripture. Just as Jesus fulfilled Scripture that pertained to Him, so have you fulfilled Scripture that pertains to you.

But be prepared for the kicker.... meaning....when you "CLAIM" also for yourself - you have received what you expected - Be totally prepared to have PEOPLE, thumb through Scripture and attempt to "apply" Scriptures to you, THAT DO NOT APPLY to you.
But of course, THEY know your heart, and your relationship to the Lord better that you,
right? Wrong. Do not be discourage. God has one path and every man who chooses to be on Gods path, and all are not at the same distance or have the same knowledge, OR the same understanding.

I think sometimes certain scriptures esp. ones that seem to lead one to believe you can loose salvation are reading into the text. From what I understand The Holy Spirit puts His seal on those that are His, I don't think he unseals and such.

Some people CAN lose their salvation. But that ALWAYS has to do with a person who has NEVER "received" their salvation. A person can NEVER have received their salvation, and then lose it.

And yes there are several scriptures that speak of "losing ones salvation" - Then ask yourself, CAN THAT ever apply to you? If you submitted to the Lord in true heartfelt faithfulness....the Lord HAS restored your soul - thus your soul IS saved unto the Lord forever, and saved FROM ever being separated from the Lord.....thus...the answer is NO that does not apply to you....and there are plenty of other scriptures that do apply to you, thus are a benefit to you to focus on them, the positive.

God Bless,
SBC

• Informative
Upvote 0

Gwen-is-new!

The Lord is my rock!
Feb 25, 2016
United States
✟27,741.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for this Oscarr, this is what I originally felt it meant as well. I can really understand Paul what he speaks of in in Romans 7:15-20 and feel the sorrow since it is God I am sinning against more than fellow man.

I struggle with selfishness and I am really seeing how bad I am and how much I need the Holy Spirit to change my ways. I see now nothing I do is good, just when I think I am good, BOOM my selfishness just gets in there and it annoys me, it's like an alarm goes off and then I can't even enjoy that selfish behavior as I once did. I do not want to be like the world, everything is so ME ME ME and it is just off putting.

Once I was blind, and now I can see comes to mind :)

also a promise...

And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns. (Phil 1:6)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
....the sorrow since it is God I am sinning against more than fellow man.

If I may challenge your thinking for a moment -

When you decided to submit to God - what exactly did you ask God to forgive you for?
Because for me, I asked God to forgive me for NOT believing in Him, for not knowing Him, for allowing my corrupt flesh to corrupt the life he gave to me via my Living soul.

Since, that was my transgression AGAINST God, which is called SIN, and ONLY God can forgive Sin, it was Him I asked to forgive me. And I trust He is faithful, and did forgive my Sin against Him.

Not for one second do I believe I can ever against SIN against God.
Not for one second do I believe I can ever NOT believe in God or trust God or be faithful to God. Period.

I do NOT know all things - thus I can not predict what things might happen. Say I was mowing my lawn and a rock flew up and hit my neighbor. What just happened? What just happened is I transgressed against my neighbor, which is called a TRESPASS. Anything man does against man IS a TRESPASS, (which makes one man indebted to another man) "not a SIN". If one cheats, lies to, steals from, etc. toward another; they have Trespassed against the other. Some people Trespass with INTENT to Trespass, others Trespass without INTENT. But the bottom line is the same - Man is supposed to ASK the other man for forgiveness. And a man Trespassed Against is supposed to Forgive a Trespasser. Men are NEVER given the authority to Forgive SIN. And men forgiven their SIN against God have received a permanent forgiveness. And Scripture tells us WHY.

A man WHO is forgiven, has several things happen to Him, by the Hand of God. One we already discussed, ie are soul restoration, ie saved soul. Another thing is the birthing of our new spirit. (ie called born again) The birth of our "old" spirit was natural, from a natural mans seed, who fertilized a woman's "seed"/egg/ovum, and reproduced the KIND of thing, the man and woman is, ie an earthly thing called manKIND. And our natural spirit is our "natural" truth in our heart. Meaning while your MIND can think of things, true or false, your truth is always in your heart, whether you reveal it or not.

When a man becomes forgiven and saved, he also receives a NEW Seed. This Seed is of God. Gods Seed, and it has a name, called Christ. When a man becomes saved and born again, God gives the man a NEW heart, called a circumcised heart - putting off the old corrupt chamber that holds your truth, and plants the SEED of God in your new heart. AND that is where the Spirit of God, the Spirit of Truth indwells in the man FOREVER. The restoration and quickening (ie making alive) WITHIN a man, without regard to the world, without fear the world can corrupt or stop this, the man becomes totally prepared to have a WAY to spiritually forever have the Lord within them, teaching them, guiding them, giving them understanding, fellow-shipping, comforting them, giving them POWER, etc.

How can thee most powerful thing ever, planted within a man EVER, allow you to fail at ANY spiritual thing? It can't. That is WHY, you can NEVER again SIN. That is WHY, you can NEVER lose your salvation. That is WHY, all the promises and blessing God speaks of are specifically prepared for you, and every other man who does the same.

Everything within you Has to be restored, made holy, prepared in perfection .... OR Gods Spirit could not dwell within you.

Mark.2

• [7] Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only?
Matt.6

• [12] And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. (trespassers)
Pss.23

• [3] He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Ezek.18

• [31] Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
Ezek.36

• [26] A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
1John.3

• [9] Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
I struggle with selfishness and I am really seeing how bad I am and how much I need the Holy Spirit to change my ways. I see now nothing I do is good, just when I think I am good, BOOM my selfishness just gets in there and it annoys me, it's like an alarm goes off and then I can't even enjoy that selfish behavior as I once did. I do not want to be like the world, everything is so ME ME ME and it is just off putting.

Aaahaa - nothing new. Toddlers learn selfishness. Heck ya, who doesn't want what they want, when they want it? That is a most basic natural human characteristic. However as we mature, we begin to find, getting, having, demanding, is far less gratifying that do for another. So, it seems you have discovered you are normal and becoming wise and somewhat caught in a bit of a snare of how to resolve this dilemma.

The beauty of scripture is it's knowledge. The beauty of the indwelling Holy Spirit is our better than google, hot shot access to understanding the knowledge, according to God.

Matt.21

• [21] Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.
This is speaking to the POWER of your own positive speech. Meaning, it is natural for us to spend time thinking and speaking about a problem - and what we are supposed to do is Speak about problems with authority of the Power God provides for us, that the problem, big or small, be removed, cast away. And it shall be done.
And as the circle revolves, we can spend less time praying to God for things He has already provide us, and spend more time, blessing Him, thanking Him and lining up our questions, asking for His understanding of Scriptures. :)

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

lamb7

Little Lamb
Jul 19, 2017
USA
✟36,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

If I may challenge your thinking for a moment -

When you decided to submit to God - what exactly did you ask God to forgive you for?
Because for me, I asked God to forgive me for NOT believing in Him, for not knowing Him, for allowing my corrupt flesh to corrupt the life he gave to me via my Living soul.

Since, that was my transgression AGAINST God, which is called SIN, and ONLY God can forgive Sin, it was Him I asked to forgive me. And I trust He is faithful, and did forgive my Sin against Him.

Not for one second do I believe I can ever against SIN against God.
Not for one second do I believe I can ever NOT believe in God or trust God or be faithful to God. Period.

I do NOT know all things - thus I can not predict what things might happen. Say I was mowing my lawn and a rock flew up and hit my neighbor. What just happened? What just happened is I transgressed against my neighbor, which is called a TRESPASS. Anything man does against man IS a TRESPASS, (which makes one man indebted to another man) "not a SIN". If one cheats, lies to, steals from, etc. toward another; they have Trespassed against the other. Some people Trespass with INTENT to Trespass, others Trespass without INTENT. But the bottom line is the same - Man is supposed to ASK the other man for forgiveness. And a man Trespassed Against is supposed to Forgive a Trespasser. Men are NEVER given the authority to Forgive SIN. And men forgiven their SIN against God have received a permanent forgiveness. And Scripture tells us WHY.

A man WHO is forgiven, has several things happen to Him, by the Hand of God. One we already discussed, ie are soul restoration, ie saved soul. Another thing is the birthing of our new spirit. (ie called born again) The birth of our "old" spirit was natural, from a natural mans seed, who fertilized a woman's "seed"/egg/ovum, and reproduced the KIND of thing, the man and woman is, ie an earthly thing called manKIND. And our natural spirit is our "natural" truth in our heart. Meaning while your MIND can think of things, true or false, your truth is always in your heart, whether you reveal it or not.

When a man becomes forgiven and saved, he also receives a NEW Seed. This Seed is of God. Gods Seed, and it has a name, called Christ. When a man becomes saved and born again, God gives the man a NEW heart, called a circumcised heart - putting off the old corrupt chamber that holds your truth, and plants the SEED of God in your new heart. AND that is where the Spirit of God, the Spirit of Truth indwells in the man FOREVER. The restoration and quickening (ie making alive) WITHIN a man, without regard to the world, without fear the world can corrupt or stop this, the man becomes totally prepared to have a WAY to spiritually forever have the Lord within them, teaching them, guiding them, giving them understanding, fellow-shipping, comforting them, giving them POWER, etc.

How can thee most powerful thing ever, planted within a man EVER, allow you to fail at ANY spiritual thing? It can't. That is WHY, you can NEVER again SIN. That is WHY, you can NEVER lose your salvation. That is WHY, all the promises and blessing God speaks of are specifically prepared for you, and every other man who does the same.

Everything within you Has to be restored, made holy, prepared in perfection .... OR Gods Spirit could not dwell within you.

Mark.2

• [7] Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only?
Matt.6

• [12] And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. (trespassers)
Pss.23

• [3] He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Ezek.18

• [31] Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
Ezek.36

• [26] A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
1John.3

• [9] Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Aaahaa - nothing new. Toddlers learn selfishness. Heck ya, who doesn't want what they want, when they want it? That is a most basic natural human characteristic. However as we mature, we begin to find, getting, having, demanding, is far less gratifying that do for another. So, it seems you have discovered you are normal and becoming wise and somewhat caught in a bit of a snare of how to resolve this dilemma.

The beauty of scripture is it's knowledge. The beauty of the indwelling Holy Spirit is our better than google, hot shot access to understanding the knowledge, according to God.

Matt.21

• [21] Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.
This is speaking to the POWER of your own positive speech. Meaning, it is natural for us to spend time thinking and speaking about a problem - and what we are supposed to do is Speak about problems with authority of the Power God provides for us, that the problem, big or small, be removed, cast away. And it shall be done.
And as the circle revolves, we can spend less time praying to God for things He has already provide us, and spend more time, blessing Him, thanking Him and lining up our questions, asking for His understanding of Scriptures. :)

God Bless,
SBC

Oh good points challenge accepted

When I decided to submit to God I thanked Him for really revealing Himself to me and taking my place for the penalty of sins. I asked forgiveness of all past, present and future sins. This realization didnt happen at once much like a seed I needed watering by thw Word and then grew in a better understanding of sin and forgivness. Others have seen fruits produced, though they can take much time to develop as God showed me when I grew some tomatoes, man did I grow impatient but like that plant our maturity in Christ and fruits take time and watering from God Himself.

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Oh good points challenge accepted

When I decided to submit to God I thanked Him for really revealing Himself to me and taking my place for the penalty of sins. I asked forgiveness of all past, present and future sins. This realization didnt happen at once much like a seed I needed watering by thw Word and then grew in a better understanding of sin and forgivness. Others have seen fruits produced, though they can take much time to develop as God showed me when I grew some tomatoes, man did I grow impatient but like that plant our maturity in Christ and fruits take time and watering from God Himself.

Awesome - You sound like you have a good stride going in the right direction.
May you and yours be plentifully blessed.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Jesus did not preach licentiousness. I do not think I have a license to do any sin I want and to be saved in spite of it.

Of course not, but we aren't fully sanctified the second we receive faith. No one has been saved to walk in darkness.

What hope is there for one who having been forgiven turns back to his/her sin? Jesus forgave an adulteress, but told her to go and sin no more. You may say you repent a thousand times, but some sins lead to grief and loss and are not easy to repair. One who gambled away a fortune does not have as good a chance of getting it back from the lottery or casino that took it away. Someone who wrecks a ship during his watch, may not get to command a ship again. Some were court-martialed weeks before gaining full retirement benefits. One who failed to repent of smoking was diagnosed with lung cancer and only had months to live. Salvation or perdition?

Are you referring to Christians or those who never became children of light? Is smoking a sin? Why should someone get back a fortune he willingly gave away? I just don't understand your analogy.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

People may believe they were saved, but if that person was really saved, he wouldn't walk away.

• Agree
Reactions: SBC and lamb7
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lamb7

Little Lamb
Jul 19, 2017
USA
✟36,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Awesome - You sound like you have a good stride going in the right direction.
May you and yours be plentifully blessed.

God Bless,
SBC

Thank you, you as well ♡ I always try to start a prayer with thanksgiving and then I confess any known sin and ask the Holy Spirit to clean my heart and forgive me of any unintentional or unknown sins as well.

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I heard somewhere, that the Holy Spirit only convicts the world of sin and that once you are saved the Holy Spirit does not convict sin anymore... Where does this come from?

I am confused on this as I feel convicted of my sins more now that I am saved and I don't think or believe my sinful flesh would ever tell me to not sin or be more holy... Thoughts? (Please keep it nice no harsh debating) :scratch:
What you are observing would be stronger conviction, as in an appraisal of the sin in your flesh and around you, but not condemnation (which I think is the implication of what is meant by the Holy Spirit convicting the world of its a sins).
Jesus told the disciples that a person that has had a bath only needs their feet to be cleaned, and so it is, we only need our feet to be cleaned. But conversely once we are clean on the rest of our body the dirt that gets on our feet becomes that much more readily apparent and feels a bit worse than it would have when we were covered in mud all over.
So your observation may also be something to rejoice in. That the fact that you are more aware of sin is evidence of your overall cleanliness.
The key is to be aware of sin but to keep ones mind on the things of the Spirit, let him wash your feet. See the truth about the mud but always with eyes on the prize, which is Him.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,689.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
People may believe they were saved, but if that person was really saved, he wouldn't walk away.

Yes, I said that.

But if the person who walked away truly believed at the time that he was saved, then what is the difference between his previous conviction and my current conviction?

"I know I am, but what are you?"

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear lamb7. In Matthew 22: 35-40: Jesus tells us: " The first and great Commandment is: Love God with hearts, with souls, and with mind. The second is like it: love your neighbour as yourself." In verse 40 we are told: on these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets. God is Love, and God wants loving and caring sons and daughters.
The Bible tells us: give up all selfish and unloving thoughts and wishes, start loving and caring for all we know and al we meet. Remember, God is Love and God wants loving and compassionate sons and daughters. JESUS died that we might live, Jesus IS THE WAY. Love God and love our neighbour, that is what God wants from us. Matthew 7: 7-10: tells us: Ask and you shall receive. Let us ask for Love, then thank God, and share all love and compassion, and joy, with all around us. God will see our love for God and for each other, and God will Bless us. Why not try and Love all around us, love is very catching. I say this with love, lamb. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Yes, I said that.

But if the person who walked away truly believed at the time that he was saved, then what is the difference between his previous conviction and my current conviction?

"I know I am, but what are you?"

If he had truly believed, God would have give him the new birth and he would have been sealed by the Holy Spirit. God gives us faith --- it's permanent.

Upvote 0