Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Thank you that is encouraging. I do want to test all things with scripture and weed out man based ideas. I want to be like the bereans :)

Excellent!
I have a profoundly deaf daughter, that took her awhile to get it, calling herself a late bloomer, but then remarked; How can people who have been given perfect hearing, hear and not get it. That puzzles her to this day, and tells her deaf friends how awesome God is in giving them (the deaf) the ability to hear what so many hearing people, can not.
Positive attitude IMO in the face of a dilemma. Equating the same attitude to you.
And always good put away the slamming news headlines and observe something good growing, particularly in the younger generations. :)

God Bless
SBC

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I don't believe that means he is not capable of sinning, I believe it means he is not permitted to sin.

I believe NOT capable. God can NOT Sin or dwell IN Sin. :)

1 John 4
[4] Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

"Dad, can I skip school today?"
"No, son, you cannot skip school today."

Father, can I ever stand against you?
Father, can I ever SIN again?
No, son, you gave your life to me, and I can not be with you and be in sin, and I said I would Never leave you. You are stuck with me forever. So....
nnnnnnnno - you can not sin.
Okie dokie, cool with me.

:)

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
he will not abandon us but due to our sins we will leave Him like prodigal son...and Jesus cannot perform miracle unless someone drives away a stone between us like raising lazarus i.e stone of sin

I don't know who taught you this, but the Jesus you preach isn't a Good Shepherd.

John 10
1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. 2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. 3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out. 4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice. 5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

Upvote 0

jaison jose

Sep 14, 2017
delhi
✟10,059.00
Country
India
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I don't know who taught you this, but the Jesus you preach isn't a Good Shepherd.

John 10
1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. 2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. 3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out. 4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice. 5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.
thats written for sheeps that mean one who follow Christ...means who keep His commandments...preching, doing good to others, loving others...and when we fail doing this there is a sin of omission too that we can but we didn't do...obeying parents if we don't do then we don't follow His commandments which means we are not following Him...then How can we His sheeps but He loves us and still calls us for His love is greater...and we come back but after doing mortal sins i.e we go with foxes leaving Christ..not every one says Lord Lord is saved but who does will of Father...but still He calls us back ...and we can come back like prodigal son confessing and repenting about what we done...

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
thats written for sheeps that mean one who follow Christ...means who keep His commandments...preching, doing good to others, loving others...and when we fail doing this there is a sin of omission too that we can but we didn't do...obeying parents if we don't do then we don't follow His commandments which means we are not following Him...then How can we His sheeps but He loves us and still calls us for His love is greater...and we come back but after doing mortal sins i.e we go with foxes leaving Christ..not every one says Lord Lord is saved but who does will of Father...but still He calls us back ...and we can come back like prodigal son confessing and repenting about what we done...

I'm not here to argue Catholicism. My calling is to post in non-Christian religions. I disagree with your beliefs, but I don't have time to argue with you. Another person can explain God's words and intentions and abilities to you. If a person has the new birth, it's because he is one of the sheep.

John 10
22 And it was at Jerusalem the feast of the dedication, and it was winter. 23 And Jesus walked in the temple in Solomon's porch. 24 Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly. 25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me. 26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. 27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

A sheep is a sheep, not a baby goat. A goat can't become a sheep and a sheep can't become a goat.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟730,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
On the subject of the freedom of the will,

If the human will were truly free, then man could under his own strength or power of will overcome sin and attain true righteousness, even without grace. That man is helpless, without grace, means the will cannot truly be free. The idea that man is able, by himself under his own power, to attain true righteousness by following the commandments, even without grace, is Pelagianism.

So while the Church must reject fatalism (for this too is heresy), to say that the will is truly and entirely free is problematic, because of the reality of sin which enslaves the human will to the passions of the flesh. Thus the will is not truly and really free, it is held in bondage to corruption; and thus man needs something outside of himself, he needs grace, the power of God to rescue and save him. And this is why the Church preaches the Gospel and administers the Sacraments, for God acting through these is graciously acting toward us to deliver to us the salvation that is in Jesus Christ--the all sufficient work and act of Christ in His life, death, resurrection, ascension, et al--creating faith in us, imputing to us the righteousness of Jesus, justifying us, sanctifying us, saving us--apart from ourselves, not by our own efforts, but by grace alone as the Apostle writes in Ephesians 2:8-9.

-CryptoLutheran

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

jaison jose

Sep 14, 2017
delhi
✟10,059.00
Country
India
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I'm not here to argue Catholicism. My calling is to post in non-Christian religions. I disagree with your beliefs, but I don't have time to argue with you. Another person can explain God's words and intentions and abilities to you. If a person has the new birth, it's because he is one of the sheep.

John 10
22 And it was at Jerusalem the feast of the dedication, and it was winter. 23 And Jesus walked in the temple in Solomon's porch. 24 Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly. 25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me. 26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. 27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

A sheep is a sheep, not a baby goat. A goat can't become a sheep and a sheep can't become a goat.
Jesus said fear the one who can kill both body and spirit why did HE SAY SO COZ ya of course we are His and no man can take us away from God but we will go away when we fall into temptation and sin coz devil tempts us who can destroy spirit...

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
sorry i meant you can do sin

Again - I trust Scripture over what you teach.

1 John 3
[9] Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jaison jose

Sep 14, 2017
delhi
✟10,059.00
Country
India
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Again - I trust Scripture over what you teach.

1 John 3
[9] Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

God Bless,
SBC
an example read it carefully ....
Here is the notes from the original Douay Rheims Bible of 1609
6. Sins not. Jovinian and Pelagius falsely (as heretics used to do) argued upon these words and those that follow verse 9; the one, that the baptized could sin no more: the other, that no man being or remaining just, could sin. But among many good senses given of this place, this seems most agreeable, that the apostle should say, that mortal sin does not consist together with the grace of God, and therefore cannot be committed by a man continuing the son of God. And so is the like speech in the ninth verse following to be taken. See St. Jerome (li. 2. cont. Jovinia num, c. 1)

Cornelius a Lapide says this
Ver. 9.—And he cannot sin, because he is born of God. Hence Jovinian, Luther, and Calvin taught that a man could not fall away, but was sure of his salvation. But S. John says, “My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.” Consequently they could sin, faithful though they were. And it is contrary to daily experience, for we find daily the faithful becoming heretics and falling into sin. And the Council of Trent (vi. 23) rules otherwise. What then is S. John’s meaning that he who is born of God cannot sin, that is mortally and gravely? 1. We must take the word collectively—and then it will mean, So long as he preserves the seed of grace, he cannot sin. So Œcumenius, Thomas Anglicus, Cajetan, and S. Hierom, lib. 11 extra Jovin. And accordingly theologians say that he who has effectual grace cannot sin, because effectual grace in its very conception includes its result. For that grace is called ‘effectual’ which (as is foreseen) will produce its effect, which is to lead our free will to co-operate in a good work. But, speaking abstractedly, he who has effectual grace can resist it, and commit sin. (See Conc. Trid. sess. vi. can. 4.)

1. He who is born of God cannot (in a formal sense) commit sin, that is as far as relates to his heavenly new birth. For if this be allowed to act, and is not withstood by our free will, it is fully able to keep out all sin. (See S. Augustine, de grat. Christi, cap. xxi.) Thus Adam is said in his state of innocence to have been immortal, because he could not die, as long as he remained therein. But as he could fall, so also could he die. Thus we say that this medicine, e.g., is so powerful that any one who takes it could not die of the plague. But a man refuses to take the medicine and then dies; so can he who has the grace of God refuse to use it, and thus fall into sin. S. John here distinguishes between the supernatural action of Divine grace, and the exercise of moral virtues, the first of these preventing every sin, while the others do not. But the habit of temperance is not lost by one act of intemperance, even as temperance is not acquired by a single act of temperance. Again, the grace of Christ is distinguished from the grace given to Adam, which gave the power but not the will, whereas the grace of Christ gives both the will and the power. See S. Augustine (de corrupt. et gratia), “It is so provided (to meet the weakness of the human will), that Divine grace never fails, is never overpowered by any difficulty, so as ever to resolutely will that which is good, and obstinately refuse to abandon it.” And it is thus that he explains the words of S. John, “Every one that is born of God sinneth not.”

2. He cannot sin. He sins with difficulty. He has no wish to sin, says Œcumenius. Others explain the words, He has power not to sin, this power being given him by God.

3. Rightfully and properly he cannot sin, though he may in fact sin against all that is right and proper.

4. Gagneius says, “He cannot sin, i.e., by unbelief, which S. John calls a sin unto death.”

5. Some take these words as referring to those who are predestinated and absolutely elected to eternal life. But this must be understood, not of antecedent, but consequent impossibility, which consists with our liberty of will, as including and presupposing it.
The first and second of these explanations seem to be the best.

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Let God alone answer through us
Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
I heard somewhere, that the Holy Spirit only convicts the world of sin and that once you are saved the Holy Spirit does not convict sin anymore... Where does this come from?

I am confused on this as I feel convicted of my sins more now that I am saved and I don't think or believe my sinful flesh would ever tell me to not sin or be more holy... Thoughts? (Please keep it nice no harsh debating) :scratch:

Do you believe in Romans 7:4, 6 and 4:15?

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
an example read it carefully ....
Here is the notes from the original Douay Rheims Bible of 1609
The first and second of these explanations seem to be the best.

An "explanation" is simply ones "opinion" of what they "understand" something to mean.
It's an "interpretation" based on their "opinion", expressed in their "explanation" of what they conclude "is the understanding" of Scripture.

You can do what they do, ie famous well known men, calling themselves Philosophers, Theologians, or whatever. You can do the same, as they did and do, or you can "read" their "understandings" and adopt their "understandings" as your own.

However Gods teaching; IS ONLY GOD "knows HIS understanding of Scriptures".
And His Understanding is not the SAME as mans mindful concluded understanding of Scriptures.

And a man WHO desires Gods Understanding of Scriptures - can ONLY receive Gods Understanding of Scripture, FROM God Himself.

It appears YOU seek, receive, trust, and promote MENS understanding of Scriptures.

I have chosen to SEEK, receive, trust and promote Gods understanding of Scriptures.

Thus, what satisfies YOU, and YOU promote, is of no interest to me.

God Bless,
SBC

• Winner
Reactions: lamb7
Upvote 0

jaison jose

Sep 14, 2017
delhi
✟10,059.00
Country
India
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
An "explanation" is simply ones "opinion" of what they "understand" something to mean.
It's an "interpretation" based on their "opinion", expressed in their "explanation" of what they conclude "is the understanding" of Scripture.

You can do what they do, ie famous well known men, calling themselves Philosophers, Theologians, or whatever. You can do the same, as they did and do, or you can "read" their "understandings" and adopt their "understandings" as your own.

And His Understanding is not the SAME as mans mindful concluded understanding of Scriptures.

And a man WHO desires Gods Understanding of Scriptures - can ONLY receive Gods Understanding of Scripture, FROM God Himself.

It appears YOU seek, receive, trust, and promote MENS understanding of Scriptures.

I have chosen to SEEK, receive, trust and promote Gods understanding of Scriptures.

God Bless,
SBC
And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

we can learn from others...i.e from wise people and with Holy Spirit we can understand is it right or wrong and understand ....
Proverbs 12:15
15 The way of fools seems right to them,
but the wise listen to advice.

i thought an example can make you understand better about Word of God

Reactions: lamb7
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lamb7

Little Lamb
Jul 19, 2017
USA
✟36,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

God Bless,
SBC

Yes THIS! Struggle is real. We are bombarded by so many man made things like denomonations and beliefs but the true church of Christ is not a building, it is purley spiritual, we are Christ's church. It is hard for me sometimes to see through mans opinions, we all think we KNOW.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,449,797.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In this discussion, there is something to keep in mind:

Have I any pleasure in the death of the wicked, declares the Lord God, and not rather that he should turn from his way and live? -- Ezekiel 18

This is good and pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. -- 1 Timothy 2

The Lord does not delay His promise, as some understand delay, but is patient with you, not wanting any to perish but all to come to repentance. -- 2 Peter 3

I'm not talking some kind of universalism where God winds up saving everyone whether everyone wants it or not.

I'm saying that God is not an unbiased judge--God is biased toward salvation.

God is inclined to save people, strongly so. God goes out of His way to save people.

Jesus went through a hell of a lot of anguish and pain to save people (and I mean "hell" literally). Jesus said it outright, "I have come to save and not to condemn."

God has not made salvation a complex, tricky path like some quest in a video game. God is not playing "Stump the Dummy" with mankind. This is not some television game show, "Ohhhh, sorry, Jane, you lose--thanks for playing, though!"

Salvation is not some complicated, pitfall-laden mind field that only the daring and lucky can pass though--salvation is not an Indiana Jones movie.

Salvation is not an insurance contract fully of fine print and dense legalese expressly intended to make it as hard for you to reach your payoff as possible.

Salvation is not rocket science or brain surgery or computer programming.

God wants you to be saved. God stacks the deck for your salvation.

Your salvation is like a court trial in which you are the defendant, but the prosecutor has been thrown out of the courtroom, the judge and your lawyer have come to a plea agreement where your lawyer takes the punishment, and all you have to do is agree to those terms.

Reactions: jaison jose
Upvote 0

jaison jose

Sep 14, 2017
delhi
✟10,059.00
Country
India
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Excellent!
I have a profoundly deaf daughter, that took her awhile to get it, calling herself a late bloomer, but then remarked; How can people who have been given perfect hearing, hear and not get it. That puzzles her to this day, and tells her deaf friends how awesome God is in giving them (the deaf) the ability to hear what so many hearing people, can not.
Positive attitude IMO in the face of a dilemma. Equating the same attitude to you.
And always good put away the slamming news headlines and observe something good growing, particularly in the younger generations. :)

God Bless
SBC
yes the only thing is answer to God's call....He wants us to be saved ....go on have a smile make others smile spread love of God do little things to everyone with a smile...even if we go away from Him by sinning He still calls us come back with repentant heart like prodigal son...and we will again be with Him...

Upvote 0