do you think the leaking of the Supreme Court document is going to swing the midterm election ..

APersonWithNoName

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2022
Auckland
✟90,245.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
in Democrats' favor?

I was watching the video below, and it claims Democrats are able to raise funds like never before for the midterm election because of the leaked document.

It makes sense this whole thing would galvanize the Democratic base.

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
in Democrats' favor?

I was watching the video below, and it claims Democrats are able to raise funds like never before for the midterm election because of the leaked document.

You watched a fox news segment to get informed about the Democratic party. Do you watch Mother Jones to see what is happening with the Republican party?

But not the republican base because reasons.

Upvote 0

APersonWithNoName

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2022
Auckland
✟90,245.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Reactions: zippy2006
Upvote 0

zippy2006

Dragonsworn
Nov 9, 2013
✟244,937.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
in Democrats' favor?

It seems to me that motive points to Democrats leaking the document. That is, if a Democrat and a Republican both had the document in hand, the Democrat would have more motivation to leak it given the circumstances and the content of the document.

• Winner
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,296.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
It seems to me that motive points to Democrats leaking the document. That is, if a Democrat and a Republican both had the document in hand, the Democrat would have more motivation to leak it given the circumstances and the content of the document.
What motive would that be?

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,296.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
in Democrats' favor?

No, because the opinion was going to be released in June anyway. The decision might galvanize both Republican and Democratic turnout, but the leak itself wouldn't change that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

zippy2006

Dragonsworn
Nov 9, 2013
✟244,937.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
What do you mean by political influence?

Given the state of things, the motive of political influence is greater for the Democrat leaker than for the Republican leaker, for the leak itself aids the left more than the right.

One of the ways it does so is by giving new life to a Democratic Party that has become bogged down, and by providing fresh fuel for the mainstream media, which is predominantly left-leaning. As the OP aptly said, it "Galvanizes the Democratic base."

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
in Democrats' favor?

Frankly the way the liberals are reacting to this and their "the end justifies the means" form of protest which is less than peaceful and overtly threatening to the families of the Justices is likely to cause many independents, and middle of the road Dems to vote against liberal candidates.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
It’s gping to be announced in June. I don't think that May vs June is all that significant. It’s not the decision per se that will help Democrats. It’s the extremes that states will go to to prevent abortion. There’s also concern that the Court is going to eliminate other rights. Depending upon how far they go, there will be political fallout.

If they truly only believe in rights explicitly listed in the Constitution, this is a major change in the basis of the US. My hope however is that they actually only care about guns and religion. Even that is a problem, as conservative religion has problems with a number of rights.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No. Independents & moderates that tend to swing elections hate what they call the extremes Republicans & Democrats take on the issue. As such, it's not a primary motivating factor for them that swings their vote. Whatever they view as the top issue will & I have a hard time seeing it be abortion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
in Democrats' favor?

I personally think this has boosted the Republican party exponentially.
Mr. Trump has even singled himself out as saving Christianity. Dominionism rising with its leader IMHO.
Blessings.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I personally think this has boosted the Republican party exponentially.
Mr. Trump has even singled himself out as the "savior of Christianity". Dominionism rising with its leader IMHO.
Blessings.
I thought the "savior" of Christianity was Jesus. I guess Donald has stepped up his game. ^_^

• Haha
Reactions: Belk
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Given the state of things, the motive of political influence is greater for the Democrat leaker than for the Republican leaker, for the leak itself aids the left more than the right.

One of the ways it does so is by giving new life to a Democratic Party that has become bogged down, and by providing fresh fuel for the mainstream media, which is predominantly left-leaning. As the OP aptly said, it "Galvanizes the Democratic base."
In terms of the topic, for sure.

But the timing? Seems like it would have been preferable to let this come out in summer, a bit closer to the election. Otoh, the early release gives the states more time to concoct their restrictions, perhaps giving the pro choice voting majority even more motivation.

• Useful
Reactions: zippy2006
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I thought the "savior" of Christianity was Jesus. I guess Donald has stepped up his game. ^_^
I corrected my post . Saving Christianity not claiming to be the actual savior.
Blessings

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I corrected my post . Saving Christianity not claiming to be the actual savior.
Blessings
I was trying to make a joke......hence the ^_^ emoji. Sarcastic humor can be hard to detect online.

Upvote 0