Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Is that the only verse in your Bible?

do you even read the Bible?

I'll ask again: where are the 3 nights between Friday afternoon and Sunday morning before sunrise?

Matthee 12:40 KJV
For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

The Word HIMSELF TOLD US 3 days and 3 nights. It's not me that's rejecting His Word. Is he a liar?

Friday afternoon to Sunday morning is NOT 3 days and 3 nights, no matter how many references you post from the Jewish Encyclopedia or any other source.

I believe The Word. I don't know what or who you believe.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
do you even read the Bible?

I'll ask again: where are the 3 nights between Friday afternoon and Sunday morning before sunrise?

The Word HIMSELF TOLD US 3 days and 3 nights. It's not me that's rejecting His Word. Is he a liar?

Friday afternoon to Sunday morning is NOT 3 days and 3 nights, no matter how many references you post from the Jewish Encyclopedia or any other source.

I believe The Word. I don't know what or who you believe.

In other words you only have one verse in your Bible concerning the resurrection of Jesus. I have these other verses in my Bible.
A. Interchangeability of terms:
(All Bible data on Resurrection)
Bible Term………………..Duration in grave

Until the third day
……………………………..Mt 27:64 give orders for the grave to be made secure
until the third day
In three days
……………………………..Mt 26:61rebuild it
in three days

……………………………..Mt 27:40 rebuild it in three days

……………………………..Mk 14:58 in three days I will build another made without hands.

……………………………..Mk 15:29 rebuild it in three days

……………………………..Jn 2:19-20 in three days I will raise it up

On the third day
……………………………..Mt 16:21 raised up
on the third day

……………………………..Mt 17:23 raised on the third day

……………………………..Mt 20:19 on the third day He will be raised up

……………………………..Lk 9:22 be raised up on the third day

……………………………..Acts 10:40 God raised Him up on the third day

……………………………..1 Cor 15:4 raised on the third day
The third day
……………………………..Lk 18:33
the third day He will rise again

……………………………..Lk 24:7 the third day rise again

……………………………..Lk 24:21 it is the third day since these things happened

……………………………..Lk 24:46 rise again from the dead the third day

Three days later
……………………………..Mk 9:31 rise three days later

……………………………..Mk 10:34 and three days later He will rise again

After three days
……………………………..Mt 27:63 Afterthreedays I am to rise again

……………………………..Mk 8:31 after three days rise again
Three days and three nights

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In other words you only have one verse in your Bible concerning the resurrection of Jesus. I have these other verses in my Bible.
A. Interchangeability of terms:
(All Bible data on Resurrection)
Bible Term………………..Duration in grave

Until the third day
……………………………..Mt 27:64 give orders for the grave to be made secure
until the third day
In three days
……………………………..Mt 26:61rebuild it
in three days

……………………………..Mt 27:40 rebuild it in three days

……………………………..Mk 14:58 in three days I will build another made without hands.

……………………………..Mk 15:29 rebuild it in three days

……………………………..Jn 2:19-20 in three days I will raise it up

On the third day
……………………………..Mt 16:21 raised up
on the third day

……………………………..Mt 17:23 raised on the third day

……………………………..Mt 20:19 on the third day He will be raised up

……………………………..Lk 9:22 be raised up on the third day

……………………………..Acts 10:40 God raised Him up on the third day

……………………………..1 Cor 15:4 raised on the third day
The third day
……………………………..Lk 18:33
the third day He will rise again

……………………………..Lk 24:7 the third day rise again

……………………………..Lk 24:21 it is the third day since these things happened

……………………………..Lk 24:46 rise again from the dead the third day

Three days later
……………………………..Mk 9:31 rise three days later

……………………………..Mk 10:34 and three days later He will rise again

After three days
……………………………..Mt 27:63 Afterthreedays I am to rise again

……………………………..Mk 8:31 after three days rise again
Three days and three nights

Last time I'll ask and address you regarding this topic:

Where are the 3 nights between Friday afternoon and Sunday morning? Friday night and Saturday night are 2 nights, not 3...

He WAS raised up on the 3rd day. He spent 3 days and nights in the grave JUST LIKE HE SAID HE WOULD.

He could not have been buried on Friday before sunset & then raised before sunrise on Sunday because that is NOT 3 days and 3 nights

Enough Witnesses from Scripture have been posted to show that indeed: YAHUSHA was buried on a Wednesday arose toward the end of Shabbat

Those that have eyes to see will see

Shalam

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Wgw

Pray For Brussels!
May 24, 2015
✟15,107.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
"and the celebration of Pascha is based on that". Based on what? The Holy Bible?

In fact, both the celebration of Pascha and the "Holy Bible" are based on the traditional teaching of the Apostles referred to by St, Paul in 2 Thessalonians 2:15, Galatians 1:8, etc. The contents of the New Testament are derived from this kerygma, as indeed is the continued use of the Old Testament (which would have no authority otherwise); in like manner, the celebration of Pascha derives from this same source, that is to say, the Apostolic faith.

Upvote 0

Chris Tan

Feb 16, 2016
Singapore
✟7,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
In fact, both the celebration of Pascha and the "Holy Bible" are based on the traditional teaching of the Apostles referred to by St, Paul in 2 Thessalonians 2:15, Galatians 1:8, etc. The contents of the New Testament are derived from this kerygma, as indeed is the continued use of the Old Testament (which would have no authority otherwise); in like manner, the celebration of Pascha derives from this same source, that is to say, the Apostolic faith.

"Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle." (2 Thessalonians 2:15) - Paul in his epistle to the Thessalonians was admonishing them to stand fast to what has been taught "by word, or our epistle". Again, is the celebration of Pascha (aka Easter), being taught in the Word or epistles? I find no where in the Holy Bible of such a teaching. I would appreciate if you can show me a verse that explicitly teaches otherwise.

"But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed." (Galatians 1:8) - Precisely, the gospel is all about the Lord Jesus Christ and nothing to do with celebrations of any sort. Paul is basically telling the Galatians that if anyone comes preaching another Jesus other than the one that is found in the four Gospels and epistles, it is most definitely a false christ. (see 2 Corinthians 11)

After all, it was the Lord Jesus who warned, "For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Behold, I have told you before." (Matthew 24:24,25)

The question now becomes, which christs or Christ have you received?

• Friendly
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

Wgw

Pray For Brussels!
May 24, 2015
✟15,107.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
"Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle." (2 Thessalonians 2:15) - Paul in his epistle to the Thessalonians was admonishing them to stand fast to what has been taught "by word, or our epistle". Again, is the celebration of Pascha (aka Easter), being taught in the Word or epistles?

What do you think John 1:1 is referring to?

I find no where in the Holy Bible of such a teaching. I would appreciate if you can show me a verse that explicitly teaches otherwise.

I'll gladly oblige when you show me a verse that explicitly teaches us to engage in Internet polemics.

"But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed." (Galatians 1:8) - Precisely, the gospel is all about the Lord Jesus Christ and nothing to do with celebrations of any sort.

Alas, no; I am not quite sure what Gospel you have been reading, but the one I've been reading involves our Lord in a great number of liturgical events.

Paul is basically telling the Galatians that if anyone comes preaching another Jesus other than the one that is found in the four Gospels and epistles, it is most definitely a false christ. (see 2 Corinthians 11)

After all, it was the Lord Jesus who warned, "For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Behold, I have told you before." (Matthew 24:24,25)

The question now becomes, which christs or Christ have you received?

The one described in the canonical Gospels authored by Ss. Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, and imdeed throughout all 27 books of the New Testament enumerated by St. Athanasius the Great in his 39th Paschal Encyclical.

Reactions: Simon Crosby
Upvote 0

Chris Tan

Feb 16, 2016
Singapore
✟7,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
What do you think John 1:1 is referring to?

I'll gladly oblige when you show me a verse that explicitly teaches us to engage in Internet polemics.

John 1:1 - "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." - Seriously? John 1:1 to you is about the celebration of Pascha (Easter)??? Wow! And I thought John was confirming that Jesus Christ was God from eternity. Wow! Amazing how John 1:1 justifies the celebration of Pascha (Easter). So I guess rabbits and the easter egg are from the angels.

And with regards to "Internet polemics", I am sure you know a thing or two in detail about what you are asserting with regards to Pascha (Easter).

Alas, no; I am not quite sure what Gospel you have been reading, but the one I've been reading involves our Lord in a great number of liturgical events.

Yah right, you mean a gospel about rabbits and easter eggs. Ever wondered how that even tied in with the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ and where it came from? One comes to mind, pagans who worship the sun. And definitely not the Son.

The one described in the canonical Gospels authored by Ss. Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, and imdeed throughout all 27 books of the New Testament enumerated by St. Athanasius the Great in his 39th Paschal Encyclical.

Again, more assertions from outside of the Holy Bible. And who is St. Athanasius the Great? Another one of your many pagan teachers? It would not be an assertion if you were to tell me that Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Paul and Peter wrote about this Paschal Encyclical.

Let me give you a piece of advice, spend more time reading the Holy Bible and pray to God that He enlightens you with His Holy Spirit and stop reading books that are of the pagan kind.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Last time I'll ask and address you regarding this topic:

Where are the 3 nights between Friday afternoon and Sunday morning? Friday night and Saturday night are 2 nights, not 3...

He WAS raised up on the 3rd day. He spent 3 days and nights in the grave JUST LIKE HE SAID HE WOULD.

He could not have been buried on Friday before sunset & then raised before sunrise on Sunday because that is NOT 3 days and 3 nights

Enough Witnesses from Scripture have been posted to show that indeed: YAHUSHA was buried on a Wednesday arose toward the end of Shabbat

Those that have eyes to see will see
Shalam

I have seen no, zero, none scriptural evidence that Jesus was crucified/buried on Wednesday. I have seen specious arguments not supported by evidence. I have seen a spurious Unleavened Bread "Sabbath" which has no scriptural support and which was not and is not recognized by Jews.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Simon Crosby

Piously skating by.
Feb 4, 2016
Douglas, Man
✟1,022.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
John 1:1 - "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." - Seriously? John 1:1 to you is about the celebration of Pascha (Easter)??? Wow! And I thought John was confirming that Jesus Christ was God from eternity. Wow! Amazing how John 1:1 justifies the celebration of Pascha (Easter). So I guess rabbits and the easter egg are from the angels.

And with regards to "Internet polemics", I am sure you know a thing or two in detail about what you are asserting with regards to Pascha (Easter).

Yah right, you mean a gospel about rabbits and easter eggs. Ever wondered how that even tied in with the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ and where it came from? One comes to mind, pagans who worship the sun. And definitely not the Son.

Again, more assertions from outside of the Holy Bible. And who is St. Athanasius the Great? Another one of your many pagan teachers? It would not be an assertion if you were to tell me that Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Paul and Peter wrote about this Paschal Encyclical.

Let me give you a piece of advice, spend more time reading the Holy Bible and pray to God that He enlightens you with His Holy Spirit and stop reading books that are of the pagan kind.

You shouldn't accuse other Christians of being Pagan!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
John 1:1 - "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." - Seriously? John 1:1 to you is about the celebration of Pascha (Easter)??? Wow! And I thought John was confirming that Jesus Christ was God from eternity. Wow! Amazing how John 1:1 justifies the celebration of Pascha (Easter). So I guess rabbits and the easter egg are from the angels. ...

Does the fact that non-Christians have concocted a "black sabbath" mean that the Biblical Sabbath was copied from pagans? Rabbits and easter eggs are not and have never been a part of any Christian observance of the Lord's resurrection. That the unsaved world has commercialized and trivialized the Christian celebrations of the birth and resurrection of our Lord does not make them pagan.

Upvote 0

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
"And who is St. Athanasius the Great? Another one of your many pagan teachers?"

Now wuh - wuh - WAIT A MINUTE!

Athanasius, IMO, far from pagan -- stood up for the "faith once delivered to the saints" and championed the cause of orthodox beliefs in the days when Arius's followers nearly took the field with their "Jesus is not really God" stuff.

Constantine went back and forth on who to support. Five times Athanasius was sent into exile - he kept returning, and kept fighting for the doctrines we now have in the Nicene Creed.

Athanasius was also the first guy to LIST all 27 and NOTHING BUT those 27 books of the New Testament -- in an EASTER letter in the 300's -- you realize the New Testament had to go through a long process of "Canonization" of what to include...

Athanasius ROCKS, and is a champion of the Christian Faith.

He fought for the term "homoousias" in the creed rather than "homoiousias" -- this was a big deal back then -

whether Jesus was "of one substance" with the Father, not just "of like but different substance" as the supporters of the term "homoiousias" proposed.

(NOTE: the Athanasian Creed was NOT written by Athanasius)

IMO, Constantine didn't really understand the intricacies of the doctrines competing for acceptance, He just wanted a clear-cut summary of Christian Doctrine to define the Christianity of the empire of which he was Emperor.

Arius' followers and Athanasius duked it out theologically for a long time, Athanasius won by a field goal in the last two seconds, Constantine finally said "Okay - the creed will go your way"

I have been on message boards since 1999, and I have NEVER heard such a thing as Athanasius being called a Pagan.

Unconscienable!

Upvote 0

Wgw

Pray For Brussels!
May 24, 2015
✟15,107.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative

I do, yes. I also reject the Regulative Principle for, among other reasons, it would preclude our having this very conversation.

Yah right, you mean a gospel about rabbits and easter eggs.

No, actually; the Orthodox do not employ liturgical rabbits or painted eggs in our divine services.

Ever wondered how that even tied in with the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ and where it came from? One comes to mind, pagans who worship the sun. And definitely not the Son.

Actually no; sun worshippers have rather distinct beliefs. And by the way, before you contemplate mentioning the persecuted Yazidis, they are certainly not sun worshippers. There is mich reason to suspect they were at one time Gnostic Christians, probably Ophites or Carpocratians, whose doctrines took their present form, such as it is, under the influence of the Sufi mystic Sheikh Adi.

Again, more assertions from outside of the Holy Bible.

You asked which Christ I receive. My answer: the one described in the canonical New Testament.

And who is St. Athanasius the Great?

He defended the deity of our Lord, which you have affirmed a belief in (hence my query regarding John 1:1), in the face of an attempt by Arius, under the influence of Hellenic pagan philosophy, to claim our Lord is a creature. He also gave us the list of 27 books which most people regard as the authoritative canon of the New Testament.

Earlier lists either lacked various books he included, or alternately included various works of dubious psuedepigrapha, like 1 Barnabas.

Another one of your many pagan teachers?

I have no pagan teachers.

It would not be an assertion if you were to tell me that Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Paul and Peter wrote about this Paschal Encyclical.

Herein you raise an interesting point: the reason this encyclical was needed is the proliferation of Gnostic apocrypha; the Christian Church needed a canon to define what was and was not apostolic Scripture. Because the holy apostles and evangelists largely composed their respective works apart from one another, often in diverse cities at opposite ends of the Roman Empire, none of them contain an index enumerating which other writings we now consider to be the "New Testament" were to be regarded as authoritative. There was a Gospel, delivered orally at forat, which later was transcribed in four different ways by four different people, reinforced by instructions from Ss. Paul, Peter, John, Jude, James and the author of Hebrews.

So we are dependent on a progression of later authorities to tell us that, for example, the Gospel of John is a valid and authoritative document, whereas the Gospel of Thomas is a spurious psuedepigraphical Manichaean forgery.

I don't generally read books "of the pagan kind," except for the purpose of studying what pagans believed, so as to contrast those beliefs with the Christian faith. And on this basis, I am able to reject your claim that Pascha is pagan as being baseless, by comparing it with actual Pagan beliefs, which are quite diverse and generally obscure, so that is not in fact an easy task.

Upvote 0

Chris Tan

Feb 16, 2016
Singapore
✟7,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
You shouldn't accuse other Christians of being Pagan!

Well, the last I read from the Holy Bible, there's no command nor injunction to partake in such a pagan celebration called Easter, which is a clear disguised of some pagan practice using Lord Jesus Christ's resurrection. Similar to the monstrance ritual done by the Vatican claiming that the eucharist embedded in that sun blast idol piece, that the wafer turns into the flesh of Christ through transubstantiation.

The two biblical injunctions we are told to do are the believer's baptism (Mark 16:16) and to "proclaim His death till He comes" in the breaking of bread (1 Corinthians 11:26). Other than these two, everything else done in His name is of like Easter, Christmas, etc are foolish use of the Lord's name in vain. Celebrate Easter? Naaaahhhhh..... not even close nor biblical.

And we know what the consequence of such a practice will bring.

"Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain." (Exodus 20:7)

You have be warned!

Upvote 0

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
" I have 'be warned' " - huh?

I TREMBLE with trepidation...

OK, Chris Tan -- just DON'T GO on Easter -- go to a baseball game or sumpn

Sheesh. Let the rest of us go to Easter and Pascha - get off our backs.

"warned" -- BAH !!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Though not a real fan of Wikipedia -- at least it's a place to START --

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athanasian_Creed

Such IGNORANCE has been shown in this thread about Athanasius
(and the creed that came to be associated with him)
that even Wikipedia is appropriate at this point.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,731.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
There is when we call it Easter....it is resurrection Sunday!
In every language except the Germanic languages it is named some variation of Pascha, which is 5he Greek transliteration of the Hebrew word for Passover. The word "Easter" has nothing to do with pagan goddesses but is from the Old Teutonic German for "resurrection". In several languages the word "rise" is indelibly linked to to the movement of the sun every morning which occurs always in the East. So in those languages the sun 'easts' in the morning and 'wests' in the evening.

Upvote 0

Wgw

Pray For Brussels!
May 24, 2015
✟15,107.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
Well, the last I read from the Holy Bible, there's no command nor injunction to partake in such a pagan celebration called Easter, which is a clear disguised of some pagan practice using Lord Jesus Christ's resurrection.

No, the celebration of the resurrection of our Lord is entirely and indeed definitively Christian.

It also represents the continuation and fulfillment of Passover, which is why we call it Pascha.

Similar to the monstrance ritual done by the Vatican claiming that the eucharist embedded in that sun blast idol piece, that the wafer turns into the flesh of Christ through transubstantiation.

Ah, now herein you are simply engaging in eisegesis, for there is ample scriptural support for the doctrine of the real presence in its various forms, including transubstantiation, which indeed is why most Christians believe in that. They might not tale it to the RC extreme of Eucharistic adoration, but they believe our Lord when he said "This is my body."

The two biblical injunctions we are told to do are the believer's baptism (Mark 16:16) and to "proclaim His death till He comes" in the breaking of bread (1 Corinthians 11:26).

Well, let us clarify a bit on this point. There is nothing that specifically forbids the baptism of infants; in either case, Baptism is to be done using the Trinitarian formula of Matthew 28:19. What is more, we are commanded to "Take, eat, this is my body," "And drink ye all lf this, this is my blood of the New Covenant..." (see 1 Corinthians 11, John 6, and the corresponding Synoptoc pericopes).

Other than these two, everything else done in His name is of like Easter, Christmas, etc are foolish use of the Lord's name in vain.

No, actually.

Celebrate Easter? Naaaahhhhh..... not even close nor biblical.

Unless of course one condescends to read the Gospels.

And we know what the consequence of such a practice will bring.

"Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain." (Exodus 20:7)

You have be warned!

Part of the pleasure of being Orthodox is being able to take comfort in the knowledge that such warnings are simply the fruit of a certain misguided zeal, admirable in fervour if not application. There are many chaps on this forum that disagree with you and I about John 1:1 and deny the eternal deity of our Lord; would that you might consider directing your energies towards a refutation of their manifold errors.

Upvote 0

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In every language except the Germanic languages it is named some variation of Pascha, which is 5he Greek transliteration of the Hebrew word for Passover. The word "Easter" has nothing to do with pagan goddesses but is from the Old Teutonic German for "resurrection". In several languages the word "rise" is indelibly linked to to the movement of the sun every morning which occurs always in the East. So in those languages the sun 'easts' in the morning and 'wests' in the evening.

Well said, and thank you. However, in the west people here do not generally associate the word Resurrection equal with Easter. Considering our western culture, when WalMart starts displaying chocolate rabbits, candy eggs and baskets full of candy, what do kids and adults think? They immediately think oh its candy time. Do people think in seeing the candy and baskets full of goodies, oh my once again we can celebrate the Resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ?

Just as an additional point at Christmas time I do not recall any store no matter what the size a Christian symbol for Christmas, except for the Advent candles and Advent Candle holders and perhaps a Manger Seen. Christ is NOT the center of for most people in the US.

My fundamentalists thinking is that this is not happening this way by accident. I honestly believe Satan has so infiltrated our world that these are just two examples of his attempt to stop the message of Jesus Christ being elevated and honored for being Gods only Son, who has saved those who will believe in HIM.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,731.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
As far as I am concerned, the Holy Bible is fully sufficient for learning and reproaching. And as Paul wrote, I whole-heartedly agree with him.

"And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works." (2 Timothy 3:15-17)
The only scriptures Timothy knew from his youth was the Septuagint, the Greek translation of the Old Testament.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.