TomorrowsWorld

Feb 8, 2016
Canada
✟19,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Absolutely it matters. 'three days and three nights' is the only sign Yeshua left as to his being Messiah (in his own words).
Without understanding, the world does not know or understand that he was meticulously keeping the feasts of YHWH.

And in believing otherwise, one lends creedance to those who twist the truth. Even if doing so in ignorance, how much more is likewise twisted?
john 2:24

God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.

Spirit AND TRUTH! You can be sincere, but the muslims are sincere... the boodas are sincere! TRUTH MATTERS TO GOD!

Upvote 0

roamer_1

Jan 12, 2016
Northwest Montana, USA
✟23,570.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
According to scripture, because they were allowing for the Jewish custom of not working on the Sabbath day. The Sabbath day in Jewish custom started on Friday evening and ended on Saturday evening. The Sabbath was also the last day of the week. So Jesus died on Friday.

No, the annual Passover Sabbath is what is referred to. Yeshua died on a wednesday, at 3 pm, on the Day of Preparation, which is when the lambs were slaughtered to be cooked for the Passover meal, which began at sunset.

Upvote 0

TomorrowsWorld

Feb 8, 2016
Canada
✟19,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No, the annual Passover Sabbath is what is referred to. Yeshua died on a wednesday, at 3 pm, on the Day of Preparation, which is when the lambs were slaughtered to be cooked for the Passover meal, which began at sunset.
correct

Reactions: Dkh587
Upvote 0

roamer_1

Jan 12, 2016
Northwest Montana, USA
✟23,570.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The Jews consider any part of a day is considered a day. Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Three days.

The Jews of that time also considered one legally dead after 3 days and three nights - three full 24hr periods.
Does that have any bearing?

Upvote 0

TomorrowsWorld

Feb 8, 2016
Canada
✟19,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes. When I say keep, I mean observe/honor/celebrate. I started observing them on the Feast of Trumpets last year :)
Why don't you join a fellowship which also practices and keep the Biblical Holy days...
Christs true church WOULD do that. Christ calls us to do a work, which we can't do alone by ourselves.
So you understand the prophetic meaning of the Holy Days?

Upvote 0

nomadictheist

Alive in Christ
Feb 8, 2014
Home
✟21,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Actually, the feast of unleavened bread is never referred to as a "Sabbath" in the OT, and there is no evidence that it was referred to as an annual "Sabbath" in the time of Christ either. What is evident is that Jesus died on the day of preparation (from all the gospels) and on the evening before the Sabbath (Mark specifically records this). It is only in recent years that a group of Christians has tried to retranslate the day of preparation and the "prosabbath" (literally fore-Sabbath, which is Friday (Thanks to @Der Alter for his assistance with this)) as the day before the first day of unleavened bread.

While Mark is most specific about the day, Luke also gives a helpful chronology. He records how Jesus died and was buried on the "day of preparation," and how the women wen to see where He was buried, and the "Sabbath drew near." Then they went and prepared oils and spices, and they rested on the Sabbath as was commanded. Then, early on the first day of the week, they came with the spices and oils they had prepared to dress His body, which they couldn't do on the evening that they were prepared because the Sabbath started, and they rested as required.

If you want to believe the modern "scholarship" on this, despite the lack of support in the OT or in the writings and teachings of the apostles and church fathers, that is your choice. However, be aware that this interpretation goes against the evidence of scripture, and not with it.

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Actually, the feast of unleavened bread is never referred to as a "Sabbath" in the OT, and there is no evidence that it was referred to as an annual "Sabbath" in the time of Christ either. What is evident is that Jesus died on the day of preparation (from all the gospels) and on the evening before the Sabbath (Mark specifically records this). It is only in recent years that a group of Christians has tried to retranslate the day of preparation and the "prosabbath" (literally fore-Sabbath, which is Friday (Thanks to @Der Alter for his assistance with this)) as the day before the first day of unleavened bread.

While Mark is most specific about the day, Luke also gives a helpful chronology. He records how Jesus died and was buried on the "day of preparation," and how the women wen to see where He was buried, and the "Sabbath drew near." Then they went and prepared oils and spices, and they rested on the Sabbath as was commanded. Then, early on the first day of the week, they came with the spices and oils they had prepared to dress His body, which they couldn't do on the evening that they were prepared because the Sabbath started, and they rested as required.

If you want to believe the modern "scholarship" on this, despite the lack of support in the OT or in the writings and teachings of the apostles and church fathers, that is your choice. However, be aware that this interpretation goes against the evidence of scripture, and not with it.

The first and 7th days of Unleavened Bread are Sabbaths

“‘These are the appointed times of יהוה, set-apart gatherings which you are to proclaim at their appointed times. ‘In the first month, on the fourteenth day of the month, between the evenings, is the Passover to יהוה. ‘And on the fifteenth day of this month is the Festival of Unleavened Bread to יהוה – seven days you eat unleavened bread. ‘On the first day you have a set-apart gathering, you do no servile work. ‘And you shall bring an offering made by fire to יהוה for seven days. On the seventh day is a set-apart gathering, you do no servile work.’ ””
‭‭Leviticus‬ ‭23:4-8‬ ‭ISR98‬

Check this out. This explains more in depth the timing of the burial, resurrection etc in regards to Passover & Unleavened Bread and the different Sabbaths

http://thewayofthemessiah.org/tsp.htm

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

roamer_1

Jan 12, 2016
Northwest Montana, USA
✟23,570.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Actually, the feast of unleavened bread is never referred to as a "Sabbath" in the OT, and there is no evidence that it was referred to as an annual "Sabbath" in the time of Christ either.

@
Dkh587 answered you sufficiently. :)

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The first and 7th days of Unleavened Bread are Sabbaths

“‘These are the appointed times of יהוה, set-apart gatherings which you are to proclaim at their appointed times. ‘In the first month, on the fourteenth day of the month, between the evenings, is the Passover to יהוה. ‘And on the fifteenth day of this month is the Festival of Unleavened Bread to יהוה – seven days you eat unleavened bread. ‘On the first day you have a set-apart gathering, you do no servile work. ‘And you shall bring an offering made by fire to יהוה for seven days. On the seventh day is a set-apart gathering, you do no servile work.’ ””
‭‭Leviticus‬ ‭23:4-8‬ ‭ISR98‬

Check this out. This explains more in depth the timing of the burial, resurrection etc in regards to Passover & Unleavened Bread and the different Sabbaths

http://thewayofthemessiah.org/tsp.htm

Neither the first nor the seventh day of Unleavened Bread [ULB] are ever called a Sabbath in the OT. Those two days are called מקרא־קדשׁ /miqra-qodesh, Holy Convocations, never שׁבת /Shabbat. מקרא־קדשׁ /miqra-qodesh, Holy Convocations are distinguished from Sabbaths in that the preparation and cooking of food is permitted on Holy convocations which is specifically prohibited on the Sabbath.

Exodus 12:16 And in the first day there shall be an holy convocation, and in the seventh day there shall be an holy convocation to you; no manner of work shall be done in them, save that which every man must eat, that only may be done of you.
Some folks want to make ULB1 a Sabbath so they twist the words "no manner of work shall be done in them, save that which every man must eat, that only may be done of you" to mean no work but the work of eating but the native Hebrew speaking Jews knew that Exodus 12:16 means that the prepartion and cooking of food was permitted on ULB1 and ULB7

Jewish Encyclopedia-Passover
The festival occurred in Abib (Ex. xiii. 4; Deut. xvi. 1 et seq., where the New Moon is given as the memorial day of the Exodus), later named Nisan, and lasted seven days, from sunset on the fourteenth day to sunset on the twenty-first day; the first and the seventh days were set aside for holy convocation, no work being permitted on those days except such as was necessary in preparing food (Num. xxviii. 16-25).
http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/11933-passover

Upvote 0

Commander Xenophon

Member of the Admiralty
Jan 18, 2016
St. Louis, MO
✟3,959.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Easter isn't the celebration of the resurrection of our LORD... it's not even the same time of year Christ died. Passover is a memorial of His death, that's what He commanded us to keep!

It is if you follow the right Paschalion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Chris Tan

Feb 16, 2016
Singapore
✟7,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Check this out, how was Christ dead for three days AND three nights if He died Friday evening and was raised Sunday morning!?

http://www.tomorrowsworld.org/tw-short/three-hard-questions-about-easter

What day Christ died matters not, just like what day and date He was born, matters not.
The people who concocted a day of His birth are probably the very same people who concocted easter.
The fact is, He died and rose from the dead, period.
And if He did not rise from the dead, there will be no eternal life for His people.

All the that the Scripture teaches is, "For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come. Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord." (1 Corinthians 11:26,27)

There are no explicit instructions to make a particular date and day, just like there were none mentioned of His birth date and date or to celebrate His birthday.

"For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book." (Revelation 22:18,19)

The warning is explicitly clear. God does not take to lightly of those who do not take heed of His Word given.

"Whoever has ears, let them hear."

Reactions: chandraclaws
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Jews consider any part of a day is considered a day. Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Three days.

Calling Jesus resurrection Easter makes me SICK< SICK! It is Resurrection Sunday. Eastar was to goddess of fertility, has NOTHING to do with Jesus Christ. Just one more of Satan's way to mislead people into thinking about rabbits, ducks, and chickens.

Now I know there will be someone attempt to saying something about easter and how it ties in, BUT DONT I am solid, my mind is totally made up.

Forgive me ..its not about you. What you personally believe is not HIS word. Now understand and know.. when anyone says "my mind is totally made up?".. what is it you want then? Well even GOD will not go against your will. He will NEVER tell you any different because you told HIM what the truth really is. We are free you or I can say I am santa and a god and the Father will say? Nothing. Now go to HIM in love being humble being willing and knowing that YOU that MAN is 100% wrong and only HE is right..be willing to be wrong be willing to change and He will show you in His word where it is written.

Me.... my Father knows my heart..so Christmas.. or Easter.. its all Him. Just because some man did something evil on some day that GOD made.. does not make that day wicked evil from now on. Forgive me but you do not understand the day God rested and what it means... You know this GOD of our Lord Jesus Christ is real right? Talk to HIM about this.. its not about what how someone else loves Him severs Him. Ask Him about this.. ask Him to show you.. but you dont have to right.. you made up your mind.. so why make this post.. love you..praise GOD. You work our your salvation..

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟611,873.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Calling Jesus resurrection Easter makes me SICK< SICK! It is Resurrection Sunday. Eastar was to goddess of fertility, has NOTHING to do with Jesus Christ. Just one more of Satan's way to mislead people into thinking about rabbits, ducks, and chickens.
Many other people were were born before you on your date of birth....does that mean you should not celebrate it? We don't celebrate Christmas or Easter because of the date....we celebrate it for the meaning it conveys....

Upvote 0

Chris Tan

Feb 16, 2016
Singapore
✟7,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Forgive me ..its not about you. What you personally believe is not HIS word. Now understand and know.. when anyone says "my mind is totally made up?".. what is it you want then? Well even GOD will not go against your will. He will NEVER tell you any different because you told HIM what the truth really is. We are free you or I can say I am santa and a god and the Father will say? Nothing. Now go to HIM in love being humble being willing and knowing that YOU that MAN is 100% wrong and only HE is right..be willing to be wrong be willing to change and He will show you in His word where it is written.

Me.... my Father knows my heart..so Christmas.. or Easter.. its all Him. Just because some man did something evil on some day that GOD made.. does not make that day wicked evil from now on. Forgive me but you do not understand the day God rested and what it means... You know this GOD of our Lord Jesus Christ is real right? Talk to HIM about this.. its not about what how someone else loves Him severs Him. Ask Him about this.. ask Him to show you.. but you dont have to right.. you made up your mind.. so why make this post.. love you..praise GOD. You work our your salvation..

You sound like a typical fallen creature who has no idea who God of the Bible is one bit. That's because you give me the impression that the God of the Bible depends on you to make yourself right with Him and that whatever you want to do, He has no say. Even after He gave you instructions of what to do and what not to do.

Read this: "Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!" (Isaiah 5:20,21)

For you to say, "Me.... my Father knows my heart..so Christmas.. or Easter.. its all Him" is precisely what Isaiah 5:20,21 is declaring. Show me in the Holy Bible where such a teaching is even made or written, that you have the right to associate pagan practices and mingle it with the purity of the Lord Jesus Christ? Have you not read and been enlighten by the ten commandments? Unless you can come up with a verse of Scripture in context of what you are saying, "its all Him" to be part of Christmas or Easter, as Isaiah wrote, "Woe to you"!

Don't be a hypocrite! While you rebuke my posting saying, "but you dont have to right.. you made up your mind.. so why make this post..", you do what you accuse others of doing. Have you not also "made up your mind... so why make this post..." but you "have the right" to say what you want? Isn't that the definition of hypocrisy?

Finally, go learn, "This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me." (Matthew 15:8)

Sound familiar?

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Neither the first nor the seventh day of Unleavened Bread [ULB] are ever called a Sabbath in the OT. Those two days are called מקרא־קדשׁ /miqra-qodesh, Holy Convocations, never שׁבת /Shabbat. מקרא־קדשׁ /miqra-qodesh, Holy Convocations are distinguished from Sabbaths in that the preparation and cooking of food is permitted on Holy convocations which is specifically prohibited on the Sabbath.

Exodus 12:16 And in the first day there shall be an holy convocation, and in the seventh day there shall be an holy convocation to you; no manner of work shall be done in them, save that which every man must eat, that only may be done of you.
Some folks want to make ULB1 a Sabbath so they twist the words "no manner of work shall be done in them, save that which every man must eat, that only may be done of you" to mean no work but the work of eating but the native Hebrew speaking Jews knew that Exodus 12:16 means that the prepartion and cooking of food was permitted on ULB1 and ULB7

A holy convocation with no servile work = a Sabbath. There is the weekly Sabbath, the 7th day, and there other Sabbaths, such as the 1st & 7th days of the Feast of Unleavened Bread

Leviticus 23:1-3
“And YAHUAH spake unto Moses, saying, Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of יהוה, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts. Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of יהוה in all your dwellings

The Feast of Trumpets is called a Sabbath
Leviticus 23:24 KJV
Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, In the seventh month, in the first day of the month, shall ye have a sabbath, a memorial of blowing of trumpets, an holy convocation

The Day of Atonement was a holy convocation with no work and it was also called a Sabbath
‭‭Leviticus‬ ‭23:27-28, 31-32‬ ‭KJV‬
“Also on the tenth day of this seventh month there shall be a day of atonement: it shall be an holy convocation unto you, and ye shall afflict your souls, and offer an offering made by fire unto יהוה. And ye shall do no work in that same day: for it is a day of atonement, to make an atonement for you before יהוה.

Ye shall do no manner of work: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations in all your dwellings. It shall be unto you a sabbath of rest, and ye shall afflict your souls: in the ninth day of the month at even, from even unto even, shall ye celebrate your sabbath

the 1st & 8th days of Feast of Tabernacles are referred to as both Holy Convocations and Sabbaths

Leviticus 23:34-36 KJV
Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, The fifteenth day of this seventh month shall be the feast of tabernacles for seven days unto יהוה. On the first day shall be an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein. Seven days ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto יהוה: on the eighth day shall be an holy convocation unto you; and ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto יהוה: it is a solemn assembly; and ye shall do no servile work therein

Leviticus 23:39 KJV
Also in the fifteenth day of the seventh month, when ye have gathered in the fruit of the land, ye shall keep a feast unto יהוה seven days: on the first day shall be a sabbath, and on the eighth day shall be a sabbath

The scripture speaks for itself

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.