TomorrowsWorld

Feb 8, 2016
Canada
✟19,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Check this out, how was Christ dead for three days AND three nights if He died Friday evening and was raised Sunday morning!?

Christ was dead for three 24 hour periods.

Jesus Himself defines a day in john 11:9
"Are there not 12 hours in a day?"
This twelve also in a night.

Paul also defines a day in 2 Cor 11:25
He refers to a 24 hour period as a day and a night.

The Bible interprets itself. Thus Christ was dead for three 24 hour periods.

The purpose of this knowledge? To bring people Into a closer relationship with their Creator. We just worship Him in the way He commands. Not how we want to. He commands us to keep His holy days, not the pagan holidays that are founded by Satan. Learn how by visiting...

http://www.tomorrowsworld.org/tw-short/three-hard-questions-about-easter

Last edited:

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Reactions: VexingWitness
Upvote 0

TomorrowsWorld

Feb 8, 2016
Canada
✟19,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Some people think he actually died on Thursday.

It doesn't really matter, though.
It matters tremendously.... He died before an ANNUAL Sabbath. During the middle of the week.

John 19:31 "Since it was the day of Preparation, and so that the bodies would not remain on the cross on the Sabbath (for that Sabbath was a high day)"

That's the secret to understand it. But since others dont keep Gods Holy Days they don't understand this or Gods plan. God reveals His plan through the Holy days, for example.. The Passover in exodus 12 was foretelling of Christs Sacrifice [Christ died on Passover].

The point is... people are deceived into worshipping God through a pagan holiday that God hates.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Commander Xenophon

Member of the Admiralty
Jan 18, 2016
St. Louis, MO
✟3,959.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
It matters tremendously.... He died before an ANNUAL Sabbath. During the middle of the week. That's the secret to understand it. But since others dont keep Gods Holy Days they don't understand this or Gods plan. God reveals His plan through the Holy days, for example.. The Passover in exodus 12 was foretelling of Christs Sacrifice [Christ died on Passover]

The point is... people are deceived into worshipping God through a pagan holiday that God hates.

There is nothing Pagan about celebrating the resurrection of our Lord.

Upvote 0

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Check this out, how was Christ dead for three days AND three nights if He died Friday evening and was raised Sunday morning!?

The Jews consider any part of a day is considered a day. Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Three days.

Calling Jesus resurrection Easter makes me SICK< SICK! It is Resurrection Sunday. Eastar was to goddess of fertility, has NOTHING to do with Jesus Christ. Just one more of Satan's way to mislead people into thinking about rabbits, ducks, and chickens.

Now I know there will be someone attempt to saying something about easter and how it ties in, BUT DONT I am solid, my mind is totally made up.

Upvote 0

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It matters tremendously.... He died before an ANNUAL Sabbath. During the middle of the week. That's the secret to understand it. But since others dont keep Gods Holy Days they don't understand this or Gods plan. God reveals His plan through the Holy days, for example.. The Passover in exodus 12 was foretelling of Christs Sacrifice [Christ died on Passover]

Good point, I hate the word Easter, Satan does all he can to distract people from the truth.

Upvote 0

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
That's the way the Hebrews counted the passing of days. It isn't the way we today, 2000 years later and in another culture, count "days."

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟296,775.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Just one more of Satan's way to mislead people into thinking about rabbits, ducks, and chickens.

I never thought of ducks and chickens with Easter. Maybe eggs. But we are talking of huge eggs, it could be ostrich or dinosaur eggs.

The #of days doesn't seem to matter as much as the theme of the Easter itself which is not in the Bible.

Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dkh587

Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

True, as long as you are worshiping and celebrating YAHUAH in spirit and in truth.

If we are going to celebrate the resurrection of Yahusha at a specific time of year, we need to do it at the correct time, which is during the week of Passover, NOT when the world celebrates Easter. The timing of the Passover is determined by the moon. It's in the first month. The first month is determined by when the barley in the Fertile Crescent is ready to be harvested

What we should not be doing is celebrating and participating in things like Lent and Ash Wednesday, and celebrating Good Friday-Resurrection Sunday. We should not be celebrating and honoring Ha'Mashyach's sacrifice and resurrection during Easter, for reasons stated above... It's supposed to be done during Passover.

A day in Scripture is sunset to sunset. 3 days and 3 nights would be like this

He was buried around sunset on Wednesday. 3 days from that would be the evening of Saturday, which would be the end of Shabbat. Wednesday sunset to Thursday sunset, Thursday sunset to Friday sunset, and Friday sunset to Saturday sunset. That's 3 whole days. He was in the grave Wednesday night, Thursday night, and Friday night. That's 3 nights

I hope this helps. Shalam!

Upvote 0

Wgw

Pray For Brussels!
May 24, 2015
✟15,107.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
What you describe is the Rabinnical Jewish method for calculating Passover. The Christian method for Pascha is based instead on the specific days of our Lord's passion, and there are compelling reasons for this. There is also nothing compelling about your arguments regarding the chronology.

Now, Lent is based on the 40 day sojourn of our Lord in the desert, in which He fasted. Originally, this was celebrated, from some liturgical scholarship I have read, straight after Theophany, but was later moved to precede Holy Week, and I think this was a well-informed change.

• Agree
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

nomadictheist

Alive in Christ
Feb 8, 2014
Home
✟21,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Why don't we just go to scripture?

According to scripture, on the day that Jesus died, the guards went around to break the legs of Jesus and the two thieves. When they came to Jesus, He was already dead, so they did not break His legs.

Why were they breaking the legs of those being crucified?

According to scripture, because they were allowing for the Jewish custom of not working on the Sabbath day. The Sabbath day in Jewish custom started on Friday evening and ended on Saturday evening. The Sabbath was also the last day of the week. So Jesus died on Friday.

In terms of the resurrection, we read that the women came to the tomb very early on the first day of the week. The Sabbath was the 7th (last) day of the week, so the first day of the week would be Sunday (and would start Saturday evening, ending Sunday evening). So from the scriptures the only time this could have been was early on Sunday morning.

If you want to talk about the name, I don't know that it matters much what you call it, but Resurrection Sunday or Pascha seems better in our current age, where "Easter" is all about rabbits, eggs, birds, and flowers.

• Winner
Reactions: Junia and Wgw
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Not_By_Chance

Supporter
May 25, 2015
✟39,806.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I like the suggestion that we drop the term Easter and call it "Resurrection Sunday." That seems much more appropriate to me. I shall call it that from now on, but I may give in to temptation and have a nibble at any chocolate eggs that happen to get in my way!

Upvote 0

TomorrowsWorld

Feb 8, 2016
Canada
✟19,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I like the suggestion that we drop the term Easter and call it "Resurrection Sunday." That seems much more appropriate to me. I shall call it that from now on, but I may give in to temptation and have a nibble at any chocolate eggs that happen to get in my way!
but the point is that Christ didn't die on that weekend... he died on Passover, which is what he kept the night before with His disciples....it was an Annual Holy Day commanded by God

Upvote 0

TomorrowsWorld

Feb 8, 2016
Canada
✟19,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
True, as long as you are worshiping and celebrating YAHUAH in spirit and in truth.

If we are going to celebrate the resurrection of Yahusha at a specific time of year, we need to do it at the correct time, which is during the week of Passover, NOT when the world celebrates Easter. The timing of the Passover is determined by the moon. It's in the first month. The first month is determined by when the barley in the Fertile Crescent is ready to be harvested

What we should not be doing is celebrating and participating in things like Lent and Ash Wednesday, and celebrating Good Friday-Resurrection Sunday. We should not be celebrating and honoring Ha'Mashyach's sacrifice and resurrection during Easter, for reasons stated above... It's supposed to be done during Passover.

A day in Scripture is sunset to sunset. 3 days and 3 nights would be like this

He was buried around sunset on Wednesday. 3 days from that would be the evening of Saturday, which would be the end of Shabbat. Wednesday sunset to Thursday sunset, Thursday sunset to Friday sunset, and Friday sunset to Saturday sunset. That's 3 whole days. He was in the grave Wednesday night, Thursday night, and Friday night. That's 3 nights

I hope this helps. Shalam!
so do you keep the Holy Days then?

Upvote 0

TomorrowsWorld

Feb 8, 2016
Canada
✟19,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Easter isn't the celebration of the resurrection of our LORD... it's not even the same time of year Christ died. Passover is a memorial of His death, that's what He commanded us to keep!

Reactions: Dkh587
Upvote 0

roamer_1

Jan 12, 2016
Northwest Montana, USA
✟23,570.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It doesn't really matter, though.

Absolutely it matters. 'three days and three nights' is the only sign Yeshua left as to his being Messiah (in his own words).
Without understanding, the world does not know or understand that he was meticulously keeping the feasts of YHWH.

And in believing otherwise, one lends credence to those who twist the truth. Even if doing so in ignorance, how much more is likewise twisted?

Last edited:
Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.