Copenhagen
✟55,412.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You're welcome. I hope you hit it off. Trust your instincts. I saw someone's profile the other day and had a good feeling. I read her posts and it didn't relent. She exudes a sweetness I find appealing, she's pretty, and in her twenties.

Those are women I usually take under my wing. She messaged me today and we clicked immediately. She told me she wished she knew someone like me r/t. As it happens, I'm moving in her vicinity next year.

I share this to illustrate God's ability to bring people together. I admitted a couple of weeks ago I should start mentoring again. I didn't have anyone who caught my fancy. But when I saw her I knew she was a possibility. There was something about her that resonated.

Thank you for your kind and encouraging words. I wish I could give your post more than one rating, as it is also, Informative, useful, optmistic and a winner.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thank you for your kind and encouraging words. I wish I could give your post more than one rating, as it is also, Informative, useful, optmistic and a winner.

Thank you for the compliment. :yellowheart:

Upvote 0

Vinter

Jul 17, 2021
Copenhagen
✟55,412.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
PS. And she's Christian! :)

I could tell from the way you described this young lady you have taken under your wing, that when I read your post, In my mind I already thought of her as a Christian. :)

• Friendly
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I could tell from the way you described this young lady you have taken under your wing, that when I read your post, In my mind I already thought of her as a Christian. :)

I didn't know when I answered earlier. We spoke throughout the day and I noticed something in her profile that prompted the question. I'm not surprised. When the Lord sends someone to walk beside me they pour into me. They aren't seeking my assistance. They're lending a hand. She offered kindness, encouragement, and prayer. He builds my friendships. :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Vinter
Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,007,463.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I stopped to say hello to a CF ex of mine. It seems she still likes me as much as she ever did, and that was a long time ago. We'll see where this goes...

Upvote 0

MrMoe

Part-Time Breatharian
Sep 13, 2011
Moe's Tavern
✟144,835.00
Faith
Christian
I'm in a bit of conundrum. My mom is urging me to join an online dating site. I don't want to do online dating. I've tried the free ones before with no success. There were the obvious catfish accounts and very few Christian women, and none in my area. I don't want to pay for a dating site. That just seems desperate. But my mom won't let it go and I want my parents to see me married. I want to make them happy.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
I'm in a bit of conundrum. My mom is urging me to join an online dating site. I don't want to do online dating. I've tried the free ones before with no success. There were the obvious catfish accounts and very few Christian women, and none in my area. I don't want to pay for a dating site. That just seems desperate. But my mom won't let it go and I want my parents to see me married. I want to make them happy.

In my mind, the number one golden rule in the pursuit to becoming your best version is to NOT listen to your mother. Pre-21? maybe. Post-21? Definitely not.

The only reason I'd join a dating site is if I felt the urge to rack some bodies up and boost my ego. I wouldn't do it to find the sort of girl I'd want to marry. I mean, for goodness sake lol...

You'd be better off searching for an online, Australian-based, comic book writers forum or something. Hobbies and careers are where the magic tends to happen; it's all about synergy and proximity. Not even attraction to measure up to those two things.

• Informative
Reactions: MrMoe
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HisGraceAbounds

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2019
Central Illinois
✟267,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I got chatted up yesterday while on an errand. That hasn't happened in years. It caught me by surprise and I stumbled on my words a few times. Awkward.

...awkward enough it's still bothering me.

I'm very mindful when I go out in public about my body language and the way I interact with people. I'm not trying to meet new people. There's nothing about my dress or demeanor that says "approachable". I run my errands because I must, and I keep my interactions with people brief, polite, but not friendly.

Then I get chatted up by someone who apparently didn't bother to see the 'signs' that said 'keep away, no joy here'. I can't imagine why she would have bothered to even try talking to me given how wholly self-absorbed and aloof I am...I am not that good looking.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Then I get chatted up by someone who apparently didn't bother to see the 'signs' that said 'keep away, no joy here'. I can't imagine why she would have bothered to even try talking to me given how wholly self-absorbed and aloof I am...I am not that good looking.

Maybe your assumption's wrong and you don't appear as aloof and self-absorbed as you imagine. You've got kind eyes and don't look menacing. Nice try. :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,007,463.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

Has your family specified a subscription site, or would a free one satisfy?

Upvote 0

HisGraceAbounds

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2019
Central Illinois
✟267,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Maybe your assumption's wrong and you don't appear as aloof and self-absorbed as you imagine. You've got kind eyes and don't look menacing. Nice try. :D

I don't try to look menacing. There's enough toxic masculinity running around already without me contributing to it.

When you go years...literally...without anyone talking to you in any other capacity than 'just being polite', it can (and did) cause a lot of confusion. I've been treated like a leper by women most of my life...and now all of a sudden.

It's suspicious.

Upvote 0

JustSomeBloke

Unacceptable Fringe Minority
Site Supporter
Sep 10, 2018
My Home
✟177,126.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I got chatted up yesterday while on an errand. That hasn't happened in years. It caught me by surprise and I stumbled on my words a few times. Awkward.
It's a terrible, tired, old cliche, but love and romance come when you least expect it.

...awkward enough it's still bothering me.

I'm very mindful when I go out in public about my body language and the way I interact with people. I'm not trying to meet new people. There's nothing about my dress or demeanor that says "approachable". I run my errands because I must, and I keep my interactions with people brief, polite, but not friendly.

She probably just thought you looked busy, and being busy and having a purpose and objective isn't unattractive. And for some go-getter type people it's an incentive to make a move before the chance passes.

I don't try to look menacing. There's enough toxic masculinity running around already without me contributing to it.

When you go years...literally...without anyone talking to you in any other capacity than 'just being polite', it can (and did) cause a lot of confusion. I've been treated like a leper by women most of my life...and now all of a sudden.

It's suspicious.
Don't overthink it. Just go with the flow. Que sera, sera.

Upvote 0

HisGraceAbounds

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2019
Central Illinois
✟267,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
The logical part of me says it was just a 'because' thing. Most folks around my area get the notion that another full-tilt lockdown is on the horizon, and I kind of think folks are trying to make new connections before that happens.

The kinds of connections most of them seem interested in making are not for me. I don't necessarily think that was the intent of the chat-up (and to be honest I'm so inexperienced I wouldn't recognize those signs if I did see them), but so far in life, no woman has ever chatted me up just because she thought I'd make a nice friend.

It makes me giggle. This whole 'love thing' is really quite silly. I'm glad I don't deal with it and it's better for me to be like Waldorf or Statler and just watch and heckle from the viewing box.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship

It's suspicious.

Do you remember what you said to me? I was shocked. Pleasantly so. :)

And that's the point. You don't know what anyone's thinking or how you affect them unless they tell you.

I suspect you're experiencing the result of holiness. He changes and beautifies us. You've softened a lot and your openness is admirable. You're not unattractive and you're physically fit. I expect women to look your way. Heck, even @ReesePiece23 complimented you. Hello?

Upvote 0