USA
✟951,505.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
The logical part of me says it was just a 'because' thing. Most folks around my area get the notion that another full-tilt lockdown is on the horizon, and I kind of think folks are trying to make new connections before that happens.

The pandemic has been a reckoning for some and caused them to evaluate their lives and focus on what matters. Companionship was on the back burner for many. Including yours truly. But when everything went haywire I'm glad I had someone to turn to. I've reconsidered my stance as well. There's sincere folks out there. They don't want hookups. They're looking for more.

but so far in life, no woman has ever chatted me up just because she thought I'd make a nice friend.

Given your appearance it's probably more than that. Just saying.

It makes me giggle. This whole 'love thing' is really quite silly. I'm glad I don't deal with it and it's better for me to be like Waldorf or Statler and just watch and heckle from the viewing box.

No, no, no. Giggling is cute! I get giddy too and very girlish. But guess what? That's when I shine the most. I'm happy and child-like and reverberating joy. I feel like twirling, singing, and bouncing like a marshmallow. I'm so soft. It's a wonderful feeling.

Don't let the 'mallow put you off. You may be more like hot fudge! Ooh, I like that. :D

Upvote 0

HisGraceAbounds

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2019
Central Illinois
✟267,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

HisGraceAbounds

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2019
Central Illinois
✟267,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
There's sincere folks out there. They don't want hookups. They're looking for more.

I'd like to meet one. I'd like to meet one that understands I'm looking for something more too.

...or I could always tell the story of backpacking in Tibet

• Optimistic
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟951,505.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'd like to meet one. I'd like to meet one that understands I'm looking for something more too.

That's much better than being a funny character. The first step is acknowledging your desire. Give it to God and stay alert.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
For years I was considered the Simon Cowell of CF. Despite that though, I ACTUALLY prefer saying nice things, but sometimes it's just not possible.

Only a fake friend enables you with nonsense compliments. It's a tough (and lonely) job busting people's chops, but someone's got to do it.

Upvote 0

mojoboy31

Kitchen Ninja
Oct 19, 2014
One does not simply give away one's location.
✟241,269.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm in a bit of conundrum. My mom is urging me to join an online dating site. I don't want to do online dating. I've tried the free ones before with no success. There were the obvious catfish accounts and very few Christian women, and none in my area. I don't want to pay for a dating site. That just seems desperate. But my mom won't let it go and I want my parents to see me married. I want to make them happy.
My friend uses like every dating site almost. He was telling me about it/advising me to use them.
I never have used them, it seems really awkward to me, essentially just messaging random people and trying to "break the ice", which has never been my skill.
And if you do manage to "hit it off", then you have to go through the awkwardness of the meet-up, and I don't know.
It works for some people.

• Agree
Reactions: MrMoe
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Trying not to. The workplace is not a good place for it. On another note, I need to start practicing how to discreetly distinguish if someone is wearing a ring or not. I've never been good at that.
You should get yourself a small metal detector. Walk up to them and quietly move it around and wait for the beep.

Upvote 0