Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
So I can definitely say crush like feelings are developing.. but I’m really trying to figure out if I should shut it down before my mind keeps going down this road.

The thing is the guy is very overweight. I find him increasingly attractive as his personality grows on me, so looks aren’t the issue. But I worry about what the lifestyle and habits obesity indicates would mean in a relationship. Would he be willing/able to go on runs and hikes with me? I struggle with binge eating at times, would he encourage me to eat badly so he could eat badly too? Would he never exercise with me? Would he have too low stamina to help around the house and I’d be back in the role of doing 100% of the chores/kids/cooking/shopping? Is he in a pattern of gaining weight where I need to worry that he’s going to get big enough that he’s immobile or unemployable and I’d have to take him on as a dependent in addition to all other duties? On the one hand it’s like “he’s such a great guy, he just has one flaw so get over it,” but that one flaw could have a lot of big implications..

I was in a terrible relationship before that happened entirely because I chose to settle and compromise on a lot of things. I was lucky to get out of it, and I’ve promised myself I would never put myself in a bad situation just to be in a relationship again… thus I over analyze like this.
I'd say give him a chance, but don't get too far with him until you clearly understand where he's at. Is he motivated to lose weight and get healthy? Or is he content staying his size and not motivated to be active? If you find he is not motivated to change so he can be an active part of your life, I suggest moving on. But if he is, then he sounds worth the investment.

Last edited:
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm sorry, Knight. Did I say something wrong?
Oh, no, Elizabeth. I'm sorry. I realized belatedly that that gif might have given the wrong impression because in it I was shaking my head, which without context might make one think I was saying "NOOO!" .... On the contrary, I welcome it. :angel: I meant only to convey the blushing part, as to say I am most flattered. (And I sort of blushed IRL at the moment I saw your post.)

Upvote 0