Do you ever feel like you're in a "bubble"

Musician4Jesus

Sep 7, 2006
✟11,215.00
Faith
Baptist
Like you're on the outside looking in and you cannot relate to anybody in your age range? People between the ages of 18-24, I don't congregrate with, because I have nothing in common with them. All my friends in that age range have social lives and are in Godly romantic relationships. I feel so awkward compared to them. I have probably one close relationship where I live, and the person is older then me. I'm not saying relationships with older ppl are a bad thing, I just cannot relate to them as much. I feel as if there is no place for me. They have become so engrossed in their romances that they have implied that they're perfectly content with allowing the relationship they have with me to drift. I mean, I call them and leave a message on their voicemail and they never return the calls. Now, all I'm saying is I desire to maintain the relationship I have with them. I was taught that if somebody calls you, it is respectful to return the call. Yeah, I know they're busy and they have lives. I feel like the biggest loser and very lonely. I'm trying to be content with where God has me and acknowelding him and thanking him for the blessings he gives me. I have hobbies; however, that does not mitigate the loneliness I feel. When they come down, they'll be so involved with spending time with their families and romances, I bet I'll be completely ignored. :(

E

Echoespeak006

Like you're on the outside looking in and you cannot relate to anybody in your age range? People between the ages of 18-24, I don't congregrate with, because I have nothing in common with them.

The only time I generally get that feeling is when I look around in a room full of strangers and notice I'm the only person of color. But that's generally fleeting.

Is there any particular reason why you're associating with other 18 -24 year olds? Or are you in a location where there are few people your age around?

Upvote 0

Musician4Jesus

Sep 7, 2006
✟11,215.00
Faith
Baptist
What bothers me is that married couples have this tendency of treating us like we're less important because we're married. Oh, they cannot relate to us because we're single. Then they start spending all their time with all these married people, and are imply through their actions that it's okay for the relationship to drift. All I desire is to maintain the relationship. I feel like I'm in this box, cause I don't have any friends my age where I live, and I rarely get to talk to those friends I do have; much pain and sorrow has occurred, and sometimes I feel like nobody cares.

Upvote 0