United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't have to show you anything.
Of course not, and you haven't. You're still trying to peddle an appeal to authority, an authority which I reject. You may believe that "spacemen from Alpha Centaur" is just as likely an answer as "observer error", but I believe that most of us do not. And that presents what I see as unbridgeable gulf between saucer aficionados and those of us who really don't care one way or another. We have no dog in the fight, show us your flying saucers or don't. Don't tell me I have to believe, or that I have to take it on faith. I see no reason to do either.

It's kinda like poker, really. You say you have a straight flush. I call. You tell me how many people believe you have a straight flush, and how authoritative they are, and reach for the pot. I tell you to show me the cards or put your hands back in your pockets. You tell me I have to have faith. You're right, I don't, show me the cards. You tell me about your endless skill and long experience as a poker player. I tell you to show me the cards. You tell me about the long list of learned people are certain that you have a straight, ace high. I still need to see the cards.

That's where this sits. Show me the cards. Unfortunately you don't have any. UFOs are simply UFOs - UNIDENTIFIED flying objects. I say they're probably everyday stuff if could you only get a good look. You say they're flying saucers being driven by spacemen or demons. Could be...but that ain't the way to bet.

I truly don't care what you believe about UFOs or anything else
Same here. And I follow the old adage that states "If it ain't important, then it ain't important." If you want to believe in flying saucers, go for it. I'm still from Missouri.

particularly subjects on which you are as clearly uninformed as this one.
Beat the "authority" tub as hard as you like, it's still a crock. The evidence isn't there, and you know that as well as I do.

The OP questioned whether demons might account for the UFO phenomenon. My answer is "Many people who are extremely knowledgeable about the phenomenon and who are not even Christians have come to accept this as at least a possibility because it is one of the explanations that could fit the evidence."
Their opinion, based on whatever, are duly noted. But if they're stating the probability that flying saucers are being flown by demons, they first ought to be able to clearly identify what are flying saucers and what are not. Else you still have the problem of assuming that flight 509 out of Los Angeles is piloted by a demon because you couldn't recognize a 747 with the sun behind it. Reams and gigabytes of nonsense are still nonsense.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Both visually and on radar, the disk performs maneuvers that seem to defy the law of physics and vanishes at a speed far exceeding any known aircraft.
It's the "defied the laws of physics" babble that gets observers in trouble. Nothing defies the laws of physics, and to say that immediately implies that the observer didn't really see what he thought he did, and thus his report untrustworthy.

The debunker says "They saw Venus." They "saw Venus" because, in the debunker's paradigm, what the evidence actually suggests "can't happen."
Yep. It's kind of like someone who reports that a car passed him at approximately 750 mph is going to have his reported discounted for the simple reason that it probably isn't true.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
How'd you do that? Dunno how you'd prove that a house isn't hainted.

When I was in university over fifty years ago I took a job for a couple of weeks as a harvest worker. As the farmwife showed me to my bedroom she commented that people who had slept there claimed the room was haunted. The next morning I reported that I had seen a glowing cross on the wall and she said that other people had seen it to. It took me three or four days but I figured it out. Maybe 300 m away there was a banked turn in a rural road. Cars travelling in a certain direction would throw their high beams on the house as they made the turn. My bedroom had an arch of stained glass over the main window. The headlights momentarily shining through the arch produced the image. I told them the next morning but they remained skeptical so after dark that evening I posted them in my bedroom and drove their car around the curve several times. They saw it each time. I think that they were actually disappointed.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Nope. I think most UFOs are man-made, but if aliens exist they're just more of God's creatures as far as I'm concerned. God is a creator, and creators create. Why stop with life on Earth?

That's my view too. Unless scripture said God just made nothing but lifeless rocks out there then it doesn't rule out God creating all kinds of wacky creatures out there and they can be intelligent, but they aren't his image bearers like we are. God can create anything, and I don't see Him creating UFO flying space aliens as decreasing his glory but increasing it, God filling an entire universe of uncountable planets and stars full of life.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,482.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Unless scripture said God just made nothing but lifeless rocks out there then it doesn't rule out God creating all kinds of wacky creatures out there and they can be intelligent, but they aren't his image bearers like we are. God can create anything, and I don't see Him creating UFO flying space aliens as decreasing his glory but increasing it, God filling an entire universe of uncountable planets and stars full of life.
Being banished to this world outside the Garden, perhaps the pillar of fire prevents us from seeing a universe teeming with life.

Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0

Rebecca4Christ

Servant
Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2019
Central U.S.
✟129,167.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,482.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I've heard a good number of people testify that a fascination with "Aliens" led them in to New Age,which is a very deep rabbit hole to fall in to,trust me.
Is that like how politics draws people away from the Kingdom?

Upvote 0

Rebecca4Christ

Servant
Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2019
Central U.S.
✟129,167.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Is that like how politics draws people away from the Kingdom?
No.It's the old bait and switch with aliens.....imo politics are a division tactic.A house divided,you remember....:oldthumbsup: Just like non-essential doctrine is a favorite tactic for dividing the church.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,056.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Shrug. It feels like a normal part of the human experience.

But as Christians, should we conduct ourselves in the same manner?

Remember, we serve a God of Truth. Is it enough excuse to say we dismiss something is true because we never seen nor experienced it, nor there is trangible proof of its existence? Doesn't the unbelievers treat God the same? Should we think like unbelievers?

Do we assume everyone who experienced such to be lying or hoaxters or delusional?

The same thing can be said of Christians, right?

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,056.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
This is the "if you believe in God then you ought to believe in flying saucers as well" nonsense again. It's rubbish on a number of levels.

Miracles that can be explained by normal means aren't miracles then, are they.

On faith. Now, why should I believe that flying saucers exist?

Both. There aren't any flying saucers.

You missed my point. I'm not trying to convince anyone to believe in the ET origins of UFO's

I'm simply pointing out the similarity of arguments between the reality of UFO's and God.

What's happening here is that people are simply making a choice with very little regard for truth.

That it's enough to decide on what's true or not, or what's good or evil based on insufficient information. The same thing applies to our religious beliefs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,482.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Very true,but that does not mean the enemy does not do his best to use it against the church,and also to control the masses.
The church has been split as has mankind, for a very long time. I think for those who understand the real split is between world of man and the Kingdom and have made their choice, should not be distracted by things of this physical sphere

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
That's my view too. Unless scripture said God just made nothing but lifeless rocks out there then it doesn't rule out God creating all kinds of wacky creatures out there and they can be intelligent, but they aren't his image bearers like we are. God can create anything, and I don't see Him creating UFO flying space aliens as decreasing his glory but increasing it, God filling an entire universe of uncountable planets and stars full of life.

Nothing in our scripture would forbid other life forms "out there" from bearing his image too, especially considering that it's not a physical, bodily image. God may have even provided them with their very own scriptures that are central to their lives, and since it's not anything that concerns us specifically, God may have simply decided not to reveal those things meant for others to us.

Of course, it's possible that humankind is the only physical lifeform he's created that sinned, so we are the only lifeforms actually in need of scriptures showing the way to salvation in the first place. Maybe we're kind of the lowlifes of the universe and live on the prison planet. :)

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Nothing in our scripture would forbid other life forms "out there" from bearing his image too, especially considering that it's not a physical, bodily image. God may have even provided them with their very own scriptures that are central to their lives, and since it's not anything that concerns us specifically, God may have simply decided not to reveal those things meant for others to us.

Of course, it's possible that humankind is the only physical lifeform he's created that sinned, so we are the only lifeforms actually in need of scriptures showing the way to salvation in the first place. Maybe we're kind of the lowlifes of the universe and live on the prison planet. :)
With God all things are possible

Upvote 0