• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Featured do you believe ufos are demons flying?

Discussion in 'Christian Philosophy & Ethics' started by lambofgod43985889, Oct 22, 2019.

1. lambofgod43985889

lambofgod43985889 Well-Known Member Supporter

+360
    Chile
    Protestant
    Private
    or not

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Lazarus Short

Lazarus Short Well-Known Member

+1,942
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Yes, demons.

3. DavidPT

DavidPT Well-Known Member

+1,247
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    It seems logical to me that that's who they would be meaning. Demons have to get around somehow. Why not in these ufos people have reported seeing?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. timothyu

timothyu Well-Known Member

+4,822
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Why would spirit need technology to get around?

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. solid_core

solid_core Well-Known Member

+1,539
    Austria
    Protestant
    Single
    No.

6. Of the Kingdom

Of the Kingdom Well-Known Member

+429
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Mostly not -- the vast majority of UFO stories can be shown to be explainable objects or phenomenon. It may be that some are supernatural manifestations in which case they are almost certainly demonic.

If our trust is in God, then there's no reason we need to be concerned about exactly what they are. He is the one who will bring us through the storm, regardless of what forces may be threats to us. Anxiety and fear over unknown prenomena are definitely encouraged by spiritual forces of darkness.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  7. Semper-Fi

Semper-Fi Well-Known Member

+464
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    No

8. devin553344

devin553344 I believe in the Resurrection

+2,198
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    When I was a kid my friend and I saw two UFO's flying down at us and flew over our heads and high speed. We were lying out under the stars at night. They looked like stars size and color, white lights.

When I saw it I asked my friend if he saw them and he did and explained what I saw. Which proved to me that we both saw the same thing.

They could have been angels I suppose. But whether good or evil I can't be sure.

9. Dave-W

Dave-W Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner! Supporter

+16,557
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    As a deception.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  10. timothyu

+4,822
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Man deceives. Why would demons need to?

As a matter of fact it is only now that the military is admitting to ufo's and has patented anti-gravity technology. Could full exposure be coming soon as they prepare the world for what it has already suspected for ages.

11. Dave-W

Dave-W Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner! Supporter

+16,557
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    To distract us from the gospel.

"The devil is a liar and the father of it." What is deception but believing a lie?

12. devin553344

devin553344 I believe in the Resurrection

+2,198
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    I've had first hand experience with the devil being a liar, and he lies to cause us injury.

13. bekkilyn

bekkilyn Contemplative Christian Supporter

+6,116
    United States
    United Methodist
    Celibate
    US-Others
    While I don't necessarily believe that most UFO's *are* UFO's, I do find it very plausible that earth isn't the only planet that has developed intelligent life. Everything currently unexplainable doesn't need to be attributed to demons.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. yeshuaslavejeff

yeshuaslavejeff simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua

+10,914
    Anabaptist
    What does the "u" stand for in "ufo" ?

15. bekkilyn

bekkilyn Contemplative Christian Supporter

+6,116
    United States
    United Methodist
    Celibate
    US-Others
    UFO = Unidentified Flying Object

16. yeshuaslavejeff

+10,914
    Anabaptist
    So then, if it is Unidentified, what is it ?

17. AvisG

AvisG Active Member Supporter

+252
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I've been involved in the study of the UFO phenomenon at a very deep level for almost six decades. Some 48 years ago - after I'd been born again - I experienced a close-up UFO (a daylight disk at a range of about 50 yards, not some "unusual light" in the night sky) in the company of a guy who thought my religious beliefs and UFOs were both nonsense (until he saw the UFO). People I know and respect who have no interest in UFOs have reported experiences to me that were absolutely mind-blowing.

Despite my studies and experience, the UFO phenomenon has had essentially no effect on my religious beliefs. The speculation about UFOs possibly being demonic dates back at least to Rev. Barry Downing's 1968 book The Bible and Flying Saucers. Such speculation continues today. Nick Redfern, who is a pretty reputable thinker in this field, published a book in 2011 suggesting that a highly-placed "inner circle" with the U.S. government believes UFOs are demonic in origin (FINAL EVENTS and the Secret Government Group on Demonic UFOs and the Afterlife).

Some species of Christians are very quick to dismiss everything that challenges their beliefs as "demonic." Near Death Experiences are "demonic." UFOs are "demonic." After-Death Communications (of which I've experienced several that have greatly reinforced my religious beliefs) are "demonic." Reincarnation research is "demonic." Seldom do these folks have a deep understanding of the subjects they dismiss.

The UFO phenomenon is complex and multi-faceted. Very few in the field think in terms of "aliens from other star systems" anymore. "Demons flying around" doesn't come close to fitting the phenomenon (or more properly the "phenomena" since there is no single "UFO phenomenon"). The phenomenon definitely does have, however, a "psychic" or "spiritual" aspect.

My guess would be that the UFO phenomenon might be used by demonic forces to steer people away from the truth. All areas of "weirdness" such as this can easily become obsessions and even quasi-religions. Many researchers have warned against becoming too deeply involved. This is the sense in which I believe UFOs - and lots of other things, including Facebook and Twitter - might be demonic.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. yeshuaslavejeff

+10,914
    Anabaptist
    Men also (groups and individuals) , political, religious, scientific, corporate, whatever,
    have been
    using whatever is at their disposal to steer people away from the truth for thousands of years.
    Many 'unidentified' things might easily be man-made, for just such a purpose, daily.

19. timothyu

+4,822
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    And that relates to cruising around in ufo's how?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  20. timothyu

+4,822
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Good way to encourage the sheeple to mind their own business. Governments and religion have been using that ploy forever. Just another way for a minority to control the masses.