✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
That's not what I say.
The Sabbath was given to the Israelites (and only them) along with Manna in Exodus chapter sixteen. (first appearance in the Bible of the word Sabbath)

You know that is NOT true. I have shown this to you multiple times...Shabbat is plainly written in Genesis.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
wrong---shavat--sabbath---cease--

3 and~he~will~much~KNEEL(V) (וַיְבָרֶךְ / wai'va'rekh) Elohiym (אֱלֹהִים / e'lo'him) AT (אֶת / et) DAY (יוֹם / yom) the~SEVENTH (הַשְּׁבִיעִי / hash'vi'i) and~he~will~much~SET.APART(V) (וַיְקַדֵּשׁ / wai'qa'deysh) AT~him (אֹתוֹ / o'to) GIVEN.THAT (כִּי / ki) in~~him (בוֹ / vo) he~did~CEASE(V) (שָׁבַת / sha'vat) from~ALL (מִכָּל / mi'kol) BUSINESS~him (מְלַאכְתּוֹ / mê'lakh'to) WHICH (אֲשֶׁר / a'sher) he~did~SHAPE(V) (בָּרָא / ba'ra) Elohiym (אֱלֹהִים / e'lo'him) to~>~DO(V) (לַעֲשׂוֹת / la'a'sot)

RMT: and Elohiym exalted the seventh day and he set him apart, given that in him he ceased from all of his business which Elohiym shaped to make.
The Sabbath points to creation. Creation does not point to the Sabbath.
What I said was true. The word Sabbath does not appear until Ex. chapter sixteen.
A simple search confirms it.

Were you the one that was telling me that the Israelites were unemployed?
Why did they need a shavot for manna collection?

Does God keep the Sabbath?

John 5:16-18
So, because Jesus was doing these things on the Sabbath, the Jewish leaders began to persecute him. 17 In his defense Jesus said to them, “My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I too am working.” 18 For this reason they tried all the more to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How so? Ut is sin to ignore the promptings of the Holy Spirit. How have I contradicted myself?
It seems blasphemous for anyone to claim that the Holy Spirit put them under the transitory ministry of condemnation and death that has no glory now. The letter kills.

2 Corinthians 3:6-11
He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. 7 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was, 8 will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious? 9 If the ministry that brought condemnation was glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness! 10 For what was glorious has no glory now in comparison with the surpassing glory. 11 And if what was transitory came with glory, how much greater is the glory of that which lasts!

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob S
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Show me your faith without your works and I will show you my faith by my works. I honor Sabbath!
Oops. Weren't you supposed to "honor" your parents?
If they say you shouldn't observe the Sabbath, then you should obey them.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
The Sabbath points to creation. Creation does not point to the Sabbath.
What I said was true. The word Sabbath does not appear until Ex. chapter sixteen.

Were you the one that was telling me that the Israelites were unemployed?
Why did they need a shavot for manna collection?

Does God keep the Sabbath?

John 5:16-18
So, because Jesus was doing these things on the Sabbath, the Jewish leaders began to persecute him. 17 In his defense Jesus said to them, “My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I too am working.” 18 For this reason they tried all the more to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

What don't you understand about that quote? The original Hebrew states shavat---you can see that---you can't deny what is right there in front of you!---Well, you can, everybody else can see it!

And No, I wasn't. I am unemployed and what has that got to do with the Sabbath? I look forward to the Sabbath, I am very busy with housework, cooking, laundry, taking care if the yard---I'm tired and need the day off! And I live alone now that my husband has died. And I already quoted the verse about Jesus and the Father working. You're obviously not reading these posts.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Oops. Weren't you supposed to "honor" your parents?
If they say you shouldn't observe the Sabbath, then you should obey them.

Exo 20:12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

Get real. We obey no one that tells us to disobey God!! God is first. You can place Him further down the list if you so wish.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What don't you understand about that quote? The original Hebrew states shavat---you can see that---you can't deny what is right there in front of you!---Well, you can, everybody can else can see it!
What I said was correct.
The word Sabbath does not appear in the Bible until Ex. chapter sixteen. (vs 23)

Are you claiming that the Sabbath was from the beginning?
There is no evidence of anyone observing the Sabbath until Exodus chapter sixteen.

Obviously the Israelites weren't observing it while in Egypt. For how many generations?

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob S
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Exo 20:12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

Get real. We obey no one that tells us to disobey God!! God is first. You can place Him further down the list if you so wish.
So, are you being disobedient to your parents? Seems like a sign of the last days.
Where did God command you to observe the Sabbath he gave to the Israelites alone?

2 Timothy 3:1-5
But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Galatians 4:16-17, 21
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?
17 Those people are zealous to win you over, but for no good.
What they want is to alienate you from us, so that you may have zeal for them. ...
21 Tell me, you who want to be under the law, are you not aware of what the law says?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
What I said was correct.
The word Sabbath does not appear in the Bible until Ex. chapter sixteen. (vs 23)

There is no evidence of anyone observing the Sabbath until Exodus chapter sixteen.

Obviously the Israelites weren't observing it while in Egypt. For how many generations?

Just go back and reads the previous posts. These questions have been answered several times. I just showed you what it says in the original language and you act like you can't read. Whatever. Truth is not what you want. Believe whatever you want.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
So, are you being disobedient to your parents? Seems like a sign of the last days.
Where did God command you to observe the Sabbath he gave to the Israelites alone?

2 Timothy 3:1-5
But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.

Your question was already answered. You obviously do not accept the idea that God comes first and we do not obey anyone who wants us to disobey God. You may do so if you wish.

Eph_6:1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.
Obey only if their requests are in accordance to the will of God. What part of "obey God" do you not understand?

Reactions: Semper-Fi
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Galatians 4:16-17, 21
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?
17 Those people are zealous to win you over, but for no good.
What they want is to alienate you from us, so that you may have zeal for them. ...
21 Tell me, you who want to be under the law, are you not aware of what the law says?

The truth never goes against the will of God, when it does, the will of God is what is followed, not the will of man. Sorry if you feel otherwise.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟660,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi mmks...., As per post 644 the 10 commandments have been abrogated. Where do you get the authority to observe the Sabbath of the now-defunct Sinai covenant?
Gentiles were never asked to observe days (rituals). Why would you even attempt to put them or yourself under the defunct Sinai covenant?

• Agree
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟660,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do we believe what mm writes or do we believe what Paul has written? Eph2:14 For Christ himself has brought peace to us. He united Jews and Gentiles into one people when, in his own body on the cross, he broke down the wall of hostility that separated us. 15 He did this by ending the system of law with its commandments and regulations.

• Agree
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Hi mmks...., As per post 644 the 10 commandments have been abrogated. Where do you get the authority to observe the Sabbath of the now-defunct Sinai covenant?
Gentiles were never asked to observe days (rituals). Why would you even attempt to put them or yourself under the defunct Sinai covenant?

We will, still keep it in the new earth.

sa 66:22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.
Isa_66:23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Jesus did not come to destroy the law---all has not been fulfilled yet--not until Jesus says:

Rev_16:17 And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.
Rev_21:6 And he said unto me, It is done.
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
Rev_22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

When He comes it will all be fulfilled. Our righteousness does exceed the righteousness of the Pharisees---we have the righeousness of Christ. My God is able---apparently yours isn't. I will certainly not tell anyone to disobey what God has said. You do so at your own peril. If you do not wish to keep them, then don't.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
What I said was correct.

Exo 5:4 And the king of Egypt said unto them, Wherefore do ye, Moses and Aaron, let the people from their works? get you unto your burdens.
Exo 5:5 And Pharaoh said, Behold, the people of the land now are many, and ye make them rest from their burdens.

They were keeping it in Egypt.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
What don't you understand about that quote? The original Hebrew states shavat---you can see that---you can't deny what is right there in front of you!---Well, you can, everybody can else can see it!

YES, he CAN deny and ignore it!!!!! He has done it before and he is doing it again! I have shown him this many times previously and he ignores it because it proves him wrong...
Shabbat Shalom

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟660,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We will, still keep it in the new earth.

sa 66:22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.
Isa_66:23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.
Okay mm, how about mulling over what Isaiah the wrote in verse 24 24 And as they go out, they will see
the dead bodies of those who have rebelled against me.
For the worms that devour them will never die,
and the fire that burns them will never go out.
All who pass by
will view them with utter horror.”

Does that sound like the new Earth to you? How about some more of Isaiah's profound statements about the new Earth Is 65:17 “Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth, and no one will even think about the old ones anymore. “No longer will babies die when only a few days old.
20 No longer will adults die before they have lived a full life.
No longer will people be considered old at one hundred!

Only the cursed will die that young! In those days people will live in the houses they build
and eat the fruit of their own vineyards.
22 Unlike the past, invaders will not take their houses
and confiscate their vineyards.
For my people will live as long as trees,
and my chosen ones will have time to enjoy their hard-won gains.
23 They will not work in vain,
and their children will not be doomed to misfortune.

Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Please explain to us how you do away with part of the law (sacrifices and all the other laws you don't keep) when Jesus plainly said that not even one jot can pass from the law. By quoting those verses you have just dug yourself deeper into a hole you cannot get out.

Are you able to not speak your own words or think your own thoughts on your defunct Sabbath? Is 58 If you talk to others about what happened during the week or even tell them you are going on vacation or someplace else you have broken the Sabbath because those things are not Holy words and thoughts. You tell others they must keep the Sabbath when you know darn well you are not able to do what you are telling others they must do.

Jesus did not come to destroy the law---all has not been fulfilled yet--not until Jesus says:
Since you believe that and are telling us the law has not been fulfilled then you are obligated to observe every jot and tittle of the whole Sinai covenant. Think about what you wrote. Someone is giving you false information friend.

Rev_16:17 And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.
Rev_21:6 And he said unto me, It is done.
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
Rev_22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

When He comes it will all be fulfilled.
Jesus said He came to fulfill the law and the prophets and you are telling us He didn't do that. Are you serving a God that goes back on His word. 17 X)" data-cr="#cen-NKJV-23252X" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; top: 0px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">“Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.

Our righteousness does exceed the righteousness of the Pharisees---we have the righeousness of Christ. My God is able---apparently yours isn't. I will certainly not tell anyone to disobey what God has said. You do so at your own peril. If you do not wish to keep them, then don't.
There you go, you take a false premise and threaten us with it. God never said to the gentiles anything about keeping Sinai covenant laws yet somehow you morph those laws as the duty of Christians over and above what Paul has written on the subject. 2Cor3:7-11 tells us the 10 commandments have been done away. You purposely avoided any response to what was presented. Tell us why Paul's words in your eyes are false.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟660,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
YES, he CAN deny and ignore it!!!!! He has done it before and he is doing it again! I have shown him this many times previously and he ignores it because it proves him wrong...
Shabbat Shalom
You are not immune from "ignoring" so all you are doing is is like the pot calling the kettle black.

Upvote 0