Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When they faithfully obeyed YHWH the food did not stink or have maggots in it (Exodus 16:24). Amen.
Why label that "a day of sabbath rest, a holy sabbath to the Lord"?
And then four chapters later make it on of the Ten given to Israel?

Exodus 16:23
He said to them, “This is what the Lord commanded: ‘Tomorrow is to be a day of sabbath rest, a holy sabbath to the Lord. So bake what you want to bake and boil what you want to boil. Save whatever is left and keep it until morning.’”

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You could explain what you mean but that is fine with me.
I thought you did understand.
In one post you inferred the Sabbath was a sin to not keep, in another you presented it as a healthy choice.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Faith is made alive through works; the body is made alive through the spirit. The body of Christ is dead without the spirit.
Galatians 2:16
know that a person is not justified by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law, because by the works of the law no one will be justified.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Mercy74
Upvote 0

Mercy74

Mercy Messianic Judaism
Mar 15, 2017
Usa
✟52,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
There are those who have no faith but produce good works. But works are a product of faith, or at least should be. Yes, it is said that faith without works is dead.
Show me your faith without your works, I will show you my faith by my works (James 2:18). Again good deeds produce faith.

Upvote 0

Mercy74

Mercy Messianic Judaism
Mar 15, 2017
Usa
✟52,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
know that a person is not justified by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law, because by the works of the law no one will be justified.
Show me your faith without your works and I will show you my faith by my works (James 2:18). Who said anything about justification?
Why label that "a day of sabbath rest, a holy sabbath to the Lord"?
And then four chapters later make it on of the Ten given to Israel?

Exodus 16:23
He said to them, “This is what the Lord commanded: ‘Tomorrow is to be a day of sabbath rest, a holy sabbath to the Lord. So bake what you want to bake and boil what you want to boil. Save whatever is left and keep it until morning.’”
Why not? Everyone likes to justify themselves by saying the Sabbath law did not come until the 10 commandments.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mercy74

Mercy Messianic Judaism
Mar 15, 2017
Usa
✟52,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Who said anything about justification? You show me your faith without your works and I will show you my faith by my works. What I do is what I believe

• Agree
Reactions: Semper-Fi
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Show me your faith without your works, I will show you my faith by my works (James 2:18). Again good deeds produce faith.

Faith produces good works or at least should. Good deeds may produce faith in others by example...

Upvote 0

Mercy74

Mercy Messianic Judaism
Mar 15, 2017
Usa
✟52,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Faith produces good works or at least should. Good deeds may produce faith in others by example...
I agree, good deeds produce faith in others by example. For example if we honor Sabbath it may help produce faith in some of our friends on this forum.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I thought you did understand.
In one post you inferred the Sabbath was a sin to not keep, in another you presented it as a healthy choice.

And what makes you think it can not be both? It is a sin if you have been convicted that it is truth, but you willfully ignore it because it is inconvenient or other reason. And it is for our benefit--physically, spiritually and mentally.

• Agree
Reactions: Mercy74
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why not? Everyone likes to justify themselves by saying the Sabbath law did not come until the 10 commandments.
That's not what I say.
The Sabbath was given to the Israelites (and only them) along with Manna in Exodus chapter sixteen. (first appearance in the Bible of the word Sabbath)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who said anything about justification? You show me your faith without your works and I will show you my faith by my works. What I do is what I believe
Are you claiming I have no works?

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree, good deeds produce faith in others by example. For example if we honor Sabbath it may help produce faith in some of our friends on this forum.
That seems counter-productive.

Acts 15:10
Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of Gentiles a yoke that neither we nor our ancestors have been able to bear?

Upvote 0

Mercy74

Mercy Messianic Judaism
Mar 15, 2017
Usa
✟52,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
That seems counter-productive.

Acts 15:10
Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of Gentiles a yoke that neither we nor our ancestors have been able to bear?
This verse is about keeping Sabbath?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is a sin if you have been convicted that it is truth, but you willfully ignore it because it is inconvenient or other reason.
There you go again. Contradicting yourself.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
That's not what I say.
The Sabbath was given to the Israelites (and only them) along with Manna in Exodus chapter sixteen. (first appearance in the Bible of the word Sabbath)

wrong---shavat--sabbath---cease--

3 and~he~will~much~KNEEL(V) (וַיְבָרֶךְ / wai'va'rekh) Elohiym (אֱלֹהִים / e'lo'him) AT (אֶת / et) DAY (יוֹם / yom) the~SEVENTH (הַשְּׁבִיעִי / hash'vi'i) and~he~will~much~SET.APART(V) (וַיְקַדֵּשׁ / wai'qa'deysh) AT~him (אֹתוֹ / o'to) GIVEN.THAT (כִּי / ki) in~~him (בוֹ / vo) he~did~CEASE(V) (שָׁבַת / sha'vat) from~ALL (מִכָּל / mi'kol) BUSINESS~him (מְלַאכְתּוֹ / mê'lakh'to) WHICH (אֲשֶׁר / a'sher) he~did~SHAPE(V) (בָּרָא / ba'ra) Elohiym (אֱלֹהִים / e'lo'him) to~>~DO(V) (לַעֲשׂוֹת / la'a'sot)

RMT: and Elohiym exalted the seventh day and he set him apart, given that in him he ceased from all of his business which Elohiym shaped to make.

Upvote 0