Do People sit down and not sing in your church??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elle_For_Short

Feb 6, 2006
California
✟738.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
cruztacean said:
I like the way you worded that. Really makes me see it.

Thanks.

cruztacean said:
When first baptized in the Holy Spirit, I found myself kind of looking around the room to see if anyone else had their hands in the air before I put mine up. An older brother in Christ helped me with that one by saying, "I used to do that, but now, when the Spirit says put 'em up, I put 'em up."

Wow. That is soooo me. I mean I get so shy and clam up wondering what people will think of me when there not really caring what I do. I mean they've seen people speak in tongues, crying, fainting,etc. they don't really care. But me being me, I still won't praise God with all my being. Evwerytime I go to church I want to sing the loudest, clap the loudest, Amen when its all hushed. But no, i'm always thinking of what others will think of me. So when I get like that I close my eyes and talk to God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.

cruztacean said:
It might be difficult in a more restrained service, yes, but when I go to church I want to :amen: and :clap: and :cry: and maybe even :sleep: (slain in the Spirit.)

Haha. So true. So true.

Upvote 0

DeleseRose

DeleseRose
Jan 24, 2002
USA.
Visit site
✟5,548.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
When we hold in praise, i believe thats quenching the spirit. I think it all depends on the situation. I had an experience where the LORD was impressing upon my spirit a certain song and song service had ended at that time but i braved up and stood up and asked one of the pastors permission and raised a song. That was sunday, on wednesday night bible study/prayer meeting, someone testified that they were going to commit suicide but that song spoke to him and he did not do it. I said praise be to GOD in my spirit and many rejoiced.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.