Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm just worried that I may not be able to save enough money for it. If you ask me why, it would involve divulging my life story, which I'm not keen on doing right now.
Do you think there will be any money after your father passes?

Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟785,148.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Do you think there will be any money after your father passes?
There will be (but not that much) and my brother is getting involved in certain kinds of investments that he hopes can balloon over time, but I'm still scared.

• Prayers
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟785,148.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
My dad went on another tangent today about how he won’t tolerate Christianity in this house and that he will go to Pakistan rather than tolerate it. He seemed serious. This is not the first time he's made this statement. I want to believe he's crying wolf but I can't be too sure anymore. I pretended to be serious with him in the sense that I told him that he needs to figure out who will help board him on the plane, get off the plane, wheel through the airport, and where to stay when he gets to Pakistan, because I won't be there. I also asked him what he’s going to do about the plot of land next to Mama, since he was supposed to be buried next to her, and he said I can have it. I told him that Mama already didn’t feel loved (by him) when she was alive, and this would be the ultimate straw. It didn’t really move him that much. I want to take into account that it’s in the middle of that “time of the month,” when even my dad starts acting strange, but even if he “doesn’t mean what he says,” it sounds too serious for me to ignore. I know he doesn’t have the physical strength to do all this, but the determination is quite strong, and I seriously think he’s contemplating it. I feel like he’s willing to “abandon” me and even Mama’s grave for this Islam garbage.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My dad went on another tangent today about how he won’t tolerate Christianity in this house and that he will go to Pakistan rather than tolerate it. He seemed serious. This is not the first time he's made this statement. I want to believe he's crying wolf but I can't be too sure anymore. I pretended to be serious with him in the sense that I told him that he needs to figure out who will help board him on the plane, get off the plane, wheel through the airport, and where to stay when he gets to Pakistan, because I won't be there. I also asked him what he’s going to do about the plot of land next to Mama, since he was supposed to be buried next to her, and he said I can have it. I told him that Mama already didn’t feel loved (by him) when she was alive, and this would be the ultimate straw. It didn’t really move him that much. I want to take into account that it’s in the middle of that “time of the month,” when even my dad starts acting strange, but even if he “doesn’t mean what he says,” it sounds too serious for me to ignore. I know he doesn’t have the physical strength to do all this, but the determination is quite strong, and I seriously think he’s contemplating it. I feel like he’s willing to “abandon” me and even Mama’s grave for this Islam garbage.
Ladybug… he is crying wolf. People of this age do that. It’s a temper tantrum. Do not engage in it. I hate to say it but the burial plot should not of been brought up. I have been through issues like this with my mom. I talked to her doctor about it. Do not engage. Just reassure them that you love him regardless. You are pretty much the parent now.

Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟785,148.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Ladybug… he is crying wolf. People of this age do that. It’s a temper tantrum. Do not engage in it. I hate to say it but the burial plot should not of been brought up. I have been through issues like this with my mom. I talked to her doctor about it. Do not engage. Just reassure them that you love him regardless. You are pretty much the parent now.
Well, I wanted to test how much he was crying wolf about it. It was pizzing me off too much. :(

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,080.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What you went through sounds terrible. At least you had some people asking if you were OK.
My level of PTSD is nowhere near as severe as some other guys I know have. I have my episodes, and some of them can be embarrassing and debilitating to a certain extent, but they're not life-threatening or anything like that.

I remember being in a supermarket with my wife once when some poor lady lost her grip on a case of Coca-Cola and it landed in her cart with a crash....that was a bad one for me; another case of a crowd gathering while I was crouched down on the floor, shaking like a leaf and cowering to avoid enemy fire (which, of course, wasn't really there any more). I went up to the lady after I'd gotten some control back; she was standing there crying, and I said, "Look, dear: it is not your fault that I have this condition, okay? So you don't need to feel bad about it." I gave her a hug and she seemed to feel a little better.

Again, I thank you for your kind thoughts. :)
My dad went on another tangent today about how he won’t tolerate Christianity in this house and that he will go to Pakistan rather than tolerate it.
Maybe the best thing to do would be to call his bluff. If he threatens to move back to Pakistan, say "Okay; seeeya. I'll pay for your ticket and I'll deliver you to the airport." Then you pick up the phone and ask him which airline he wants to be on.

Upvote 0