✟43,424.00
Country
Argentina
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 28:19
... and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age. "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit"

He ordered his disciples to evangelize and baptize. He ordered to evangelize but also to baptize. I'm not a pastor to do that, so that verse I think is not for me.
Then that verse goes to all those whose mission is the pastorate, bishopric..?

Jon Osterman

Jan 23, 2018
Glasgow
✟59,048.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I think you do. But it doesn't have to be "in your face" evangelism. If you are open about your beliefs and live your life in a way that affirms the teaching of Christ, I think you are already evangelising. You are demonstrating the fruits of the spirit.

i don't think you need to baptise people though, since in our culture that has become a much more formal procedure that is best left to a pastor.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟326,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
If you see an opportunity to speak the gospel about the saving grace of Jesus Christ, you should open your mouth. It may well lead to a soul destined to hell who comes to accept the Lord. If not with you, then you might just be a seed planter and the next person called will do the leading under the power of the Holy Spirit. It's part of the fruits and also rewards gathered in heaven. You don't have to grand stand on a street corner, but a word in season is always desired, a quiet word with someone struggling. Why would you not speak, when knowing that Jesus is the answer ?

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟587,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He ordered to evangelize but also to baptize. I'm not a pastor to do that, so that verse I think is not for me.
You do baptizing, by laboring together with the ones doing the baptizing. Because we in Jesus are one.

And your example helps people to see the meaning of the message. Your example helps people to come to Jesus and be baptized; so you are helping to baptize people, by being such a helping example.

«¡Que Dios bendiga!» :)

Upvote 0

carolina16

Jesus Christ is the Lord
Sep 21, 2017
Bs As
✟43,424.00
Country
Argentina
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
You do baptizing, by laboring together with the ones doing the baptizing. Because we in Jesus are one.

And your example helps people to see the meaning of the message. Your example helps people to come to Jesus and be baptized; so you are helping to baptize people, by being such a helping example.

«¡Que Dios bendiga!» :)

Thank you! are you latinoamerican?

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟587,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you! are you latinoamerican?
I am English, I think, and I live in the United States. But I use Spanish Bibles and un diccionario en español para aprenderlo. No lo conosco, mas puedo decir algunos versos de la Biblia, para que pueda decir cosas buenas de la palabra de Dios.

Y yo puedo predicar que Cristo ha muerto por nosotros y es resucitado y Señor de todo, para que Él comparta toda la bondad de Dios y su amor con nosotros como su familia. Esto viene con como nosotros crecemos en el imagen de Cristo como nuestra nueva Persona internal . . . porque de confiar en Él y como Su gracia obra en nosotros.

Reactions: carolina16
Upvote 0

carolina16

Jesus Christ is the Lord
Sep 21, 2017
Bs As
✟43,424.00
Country
Argentina
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Don´t worry, i understand english. Anyway thank you very much!
What do you think about when He says: Do not give dogs what is sacred, in Matthew 7:6?
I understand that dogs are the people who believe in others "gods", in Matthew 15: 21-28. Is this correct? and if so, does it only mean this?

Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟587,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, Carolina, I see you can understand and share in English :)
What do you think about when He says: Do not give dogs what is sacred, in Matthew 7:6?
Well, our Father gave us Jesus, here in this world where Jesus was before dogs. So, I can see Jesus does not mean to never say or show anything good to dogs.

But possibly, God means to stay prayerful while ministering to evil people. Stay with God, do not trust them, do not commit to being under their power. Do not let them have control of what you say.

If you throw pearls into the pig food, they will break and grind their teeth on the pearls; so then they might get upset and attack you. So, may be there is a message of compassion in this.

But it looks like Jesus gave His message in front of evil people. But, also, He went alone with certain ones of His, and talked more closely and deeply.

So, there could be question about what we talk about while with evil people, and what we save for personal conversation with people who are ready to benefit from it.

Upvote 0

Maervince

Feb 17, 2018
Binan City
✟10,169.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well according to Matthew 16:24 it says there that we must die to ourselves if we want to be disciples of Jesus. So yes I do think that it is necessary for you to go out of your comfort zone to share your faith to people who are in need of Christ since it's a clear command according to Matthew 28:19. But Jesus will help you with what you'll say, and I promise that.

Reactions: carolina16
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,589.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
... and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age. "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit"

He ordered his disciples to evangelize and baptize. He ordered to evangelize but also to baptize. I'm not a pastor to do that, so that verse I think is not for me.

You don't have to, but God would love it, it would be very special to him that you care that much for others.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,589.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

It would be nice but you dont have to if you arent called.

A way to evangelize is to use worship music.

Reactions: OSAS 101
Upvote 0

KevinC1129

Simul justus et peccator
Jan 24, 2016
North Texas
✟490,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Making disciples is not the same thing as making converts; I think that's where a lot of people get hung up. If you are out street witnessing and sharing the gospel you may win some people over to your side, but you'll probably never see them again. Is that "making disciples"?
There is nothing wrong with evangelizing and sharing our faith (we should do that), but I believe we must go deeper than that with people and not be satisfied with leading them in a prayer and then sending them on their way. Discipleship means bonding with people and building relationships with them; being there for them as a mentor and encouraging them in their walk. That's what Jesus did with the 12.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟699,175.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's a better term to call it witness. You and every Spirit filled believer is called to be a witness for Christ, and a witness tells others what they have seen and heard and know.

This said, you have a witness for Christ. You know Him, your Spirit filled, you have experienced Him and His gift of salvation. Your first hand experience, what led to your salvation and your salvation experience, is your unique witness for Christ.

You don't need to go out on the streets and talk to strangers, if something comes up with a family member, freind, coworker or neighbor and it seems like they should hear your witness then you talk about your own experience and how you came to salvation and what Jesus means in your life now and even the positive changes in your life as a result of God's Holy Spirit working in you..

That's the kind of witness all of us have for Christ... and that's what we share with others.

Acts 1:8 “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”

This verse gives a command from the risen Lord to all his followers.

You don't have to get fancy or know polemics, you know salvation and you know your own intimately.. it's a great place to start as you learn and grow in your walk with Christ.

Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
not all members of the body have the same function, but be prepared to give an account of God in your life if asked. that's it. why do you believe in God what God has done for you what you do to serve him that's the minimum requirement. again only if asked.

Upvote 0

slobake

Oct 2, 2018
San Francisco
✟12,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
First it is good to pray for people, like your neighbors and others. Pray also that we love God more and more and that will cause us to love our neighbors. Opportunities will arise when we respond out of a place of love. We can start by saying "hello" and talking to people. Get to know them and who they are. People want to know if we care about them. No need to hide the fact that we are Christians but don't tell people they are going to hell unless they are saved when you first meet them. Most folks like to talk about themselves. Ask a few questions and then if they are willing let them tell you about themselves. We don't need to jump right into quoting the Bible but we can quote it with our actions. Invite people over for dinner, give them a ride to the store , etc. Before you know it you will have a genuine relationship with your neighbor. People are not stupid, they will know we are genuine or if our only purpose is to convert them.
Approaching strangers in public, knocking on doors and street corner preaching also have a place but that doesn't mean that we are all called to do that. Sometimes I will ask people on the street if they need prayer for anything, if I think God is telling me something to share with them, I will do that. Sometimes people are blessed by that other times people don't like it. It can be awkward but God never promised that we would not feel uncomfortable. Sometime God teaches me about myself in those awkward moments.
We can also volunteer to help people in need. There are kitchens, recovery homes and all sorts of organizations that can use our help. Here where I live there is a place for homeless people to go and get off the street for a while. They can take a shower, get a haircut, play pool or ping pong. It can get pretty rough there but it is where I am called to be. God has set me free from drug addiction and alcoholism and He can use that to reach others.
Whatever we are called to do is good. My wife is bi-lingual and helps young kids who speak Spanish to read in English, she also has a heart for battered women. If we have a gift or a skill God can use it to bless and reach others.
We might love people for years but they are still not interested in the Gospel, that is okay, we are doing what God asked us to do. He is the one that turns hearts of stone to flesh our job us to love people and tell them about Jesus. What people do with that is out of our control.

Upvote 0

OSAS 101

May 27, 2013
✟34,288.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not everyone is called to be an evangelist.
But as we grow closer to Jesus, we will shine of Jesus more and more and we will be telling people of Jesus more and more.
So all you need to do is draw closer to Jesus and he will make things happen in your life.

Upvote 0