Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“Enter by the narrow gate;
I am the gate. Whoever enters through me will be saved. John 10:9
I mean Jesus is the King right, and what a King commands, becomes the law.
For the Lord is our judge. The Lord is our law-giver. The Lord is our king. Who saves us. Isaiah 33:22
But to the unreconciled He says, ‘It is useless for you to speak about my commands, or about my covenant.' Psalm 50:16

Upvote 0

Wesley-Lyon

I love my God
Nov 21, 2023
Los Angeles
✟12,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My perspective, all feed back welcomed. also my apologies for being kind of long here, but I feel I have to really lay this out, if I wish to explain my view on a few matters. Thanks for all of your time, and any feed back you give me. My opinions are strong, but if I feel I'm wrong, I'm open to adjust my perspective.

So consider this. You live in a town, with a red light. The law says you shouldn't run the red light. You in turn, decide to run the red light. You have effectively sinned against that municipality (i.e transgressed or trespassed against their laws) Now the day you're dragged into court for running the red light. (i.e the day of Judgment/Judgement Day), you get to find out what the penalty for breaking the law is. (The punishment for committing such a crime)

I see similarities here….I will explain;

Now God anointed his firstborn Son: King over all kings, and sent him down here to us, to correct us, teach us, and ultimately redeem us. When He was here, He set the model for how each of us should live. He rightfully, as our anointed King, issued us commandments of what we should be doing, and shouldn't be doing. Which in turn became our law.

Commandments we should all be observing, if we wish to remain in his love, and want him to save us, at the end.

“Just as the Father has loved me, so I have loved you; remain in my love. If you observe my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have observed the commandments of the Father and remain in his love.”

John 14:15

Commandments Paul referred to as “The Law of the Christ.” If we observe these commandments (laws) we are considered righteous (i.e upright) but if we disobey Christ laws we are sinning (i.e breaking these laws) and are considered wicked (i.e Criminals) and at the appointed time, at the end. On the great day (i.e Judgement Day) When Christ returns, and resurrected all of the dead, to stand before him. Those who disregarded his commandments, will be called lawless, (i.e those who disobeyed his law)

“Many will say to me in that day: ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!”

Matthew 7:22-23

Jesus warned all people to be on guard of the religious teachers. All the preachers are taught in these schools of theology, that there's no more law. That Jesus abolished the law.

“Do we, then, abolish law by means of our faith? Not at all! On the contrary, we uphold law.”

Romans 3:31

From what I see, Jesus did fulfill a very important law, thereby allowing the mosaic laws to be put aside, that required for certain decrees and animal sacrifices etc. But Jesus our King established a new covenant. With new laws. If there is no more laws at all, then there would be no more way to be a sinner. Because one who sins, is one who breaks the sacred laws.

For those who say that What Jesus commanded, wasn’t laws. I referred to this. When Moses came down from speaking with God on Mount Sinai He brought the first set up commandments from God for the Jews. The Jews had no delusion, when they heard these commandments, that these commandments signified laws that were being imposed on them. Moses was even rightfully called a prophet and the Lawgiver, because He brought the laws from God, down to the Jews. Moses told the Jews, that later, God would raise up another like him.

“Jehovah your God will raise up for you from among your brothers a prophet like me. You must listen to him.”

Deuteronomy 18:22

He was pointing to Jesus, who later was raised up amongst them, and likewise, issued them commandments, laws. Jesus set the model for all of us. We should be following it. Jesus is our anointed King, and has the authority to impose commandments on us. But like Moses, Jesus stated, that everything He was giving us, was from his Father.

“Jesus, in turn, answered them and said: “What I teach is not mine, but belongs to him who sent me.”

John 7:16

Now from what I’ve come to understand, is that every sin, that every human commits, is recorded, and is considered a debt, that is being held against them. That's why we pray, Forgive us of our debts. Since this debt isn't going to be called in, until Judgement day. We are under grace at the moment. (Just like if you owe anyone money, the period before the debt becomes due. Is called “the grace period") We are all under grace at the moment. A period of mercy, from the debt we are accumulating. Transgressing God's Holy Laws

Now from everything that I’ve read. It is the first death that we all experience, which is considered nothing more than sleeping. Which is why the scriptures refer to people falling asleep in death. And when Jesus resurrected people from the dead, He referred to them as sleeping. Now on judgment day, all will be resurrected back to life, and from what I’ve come to understand, people will be in basically 3 categories.

1.) The righteous, (i.e those who observed the commandments, to the best of their abilities) these all get resurrected to eternal life, and have passed over judgment and any punishment.

2.) the unrighteous, those not upright (i.e those who did wrong, and sinned, but were not desirous to be evil, and never really knew what was going on doing their lifetime. (These are all under judgment, and will stand before Christ. But the Christ's at his discretion will decide each of their fates, and;

3rd) the wicked (those who knew the truth, but outright rejected and disobeyed God and his Christ willfully or worshiped evil knowingly. (these are going to be punished (reap what they’ve sowed in full, and then permanently destroyed in what's referred to as the second death.

Why did Christ come down here and die for us? The way I see it. The Bible says the penalty of sin (breaking God's Law/commandments, is death

“For the wages sin pays is death, but the gift God gives is everlasting life by Christ Jesus our Lord.”

Romans 6:23

So since the beginning, men have been doing evil, and breaking all the laws of God.

Humans are down here, committing all these sins. And the penalty of breaking the Laws of the Most High God, is death. And these laws of God, cannot be undone. So because we all have committed sin, we were all as good as dead, by the penalty of the law. We were basically lost to God. But God sent his Son down here, and his Son became equal to us, took on our human form. And He walked perfectly his entire human life, and didn’t break God's law once. He never committed a sin, and therefore, had no penalty on him to die. But He then agreed to die at the end of his human life, in substitution for our due penalty (which is death). He, in our human form, agreed to be a stand-in for us. To ransom his life for all of us. So that the law, and the penalty that comes with breaking it, could be fulfilled. He let himself be put to death, and his human body's lifeforce, his blood to be poured out.

“For the life of the flesh is in the blood…” Leviticus 17:11

I picture Jesus' sacrifice, like this.

Imagine I robbed a bunch of people, and I then got caught, and I was dragged into the court for Judgement, before a Judge. And the evidence was all there, and I’m found guilty. And the Judge grabs his book, at sentencing, and he reads out the law and the penalty for anyone breaking the law. And the penalty for breaking the law says; death. The Judge then looks at me, and says to me: The law in front of me says: “If a human commits a robbery, a human must be put to death.

The judge then looks at me, and says, I have no discretion to change this law. The law must be fulfilled.

Now hearing this, I know, I’m cooked, I’m dead. .

But what if at that moment, a man walks in the court, and He says, Your honor. I have a proposal. He then tells the Judge, He has a solution. He says, Your Honor: I am a human like this man here, that's been convicted of this robbery, and in my entire life, your Honor. I have never committed one crime, And I am not under the law, deserving of any penalty (punishment).

But I’ve decided to come here, and surrender my life, in substitution for this man release.

The Judge again reads the law and its penalty out loud: “If a human commits a robbery, a human must be put to death.” The judge then looks at this man, and says: if you wish to do this, It would indeed fulfill this law. For you are a human. And you have never committed a crime to which you owe your human life, under any penalty. This laws says: “If a human commits a robbery, a human must be put to death.” A robber was convicted, a man was convicted of committing the robbery, and a human is going to die. Not the guilty human, but a human. The law will be fulfilled.

If this man agreed to give his life up, and allow them to put him to death, He would die, and I would be free to leave, scott free. And the law would indeed have been fulfilled. Because a man died. (Just not the one who deserved to die, but instead an innocent man, suffered and ransomed his life) Now who would do such a thing. What good man would agree to suffer and be put to death for me, and all my evil crimes.

Well this is exactly what Jesus did. Instead of letting all of the world get destroyed, He agreed before his Father, to come stand in for all of us, so that we could be saved. The Most High God, himself couldn’t do it, because He himself sustains all life by his very existence. So if he dies, everything would be destroyed. But His firstborn agreed and desired to do this for us. To save us all. Jesus therefore left his place of Greatness in the Heavens, at his Fathers side, and stripped himself of all the great glory He had above, and came down here, and became equal to us, and took on our exact human form, so he could take on our exact punishment, on himself. thereby fulfilling the law perfectly. To save us. Ransoming his life for ours.

And all he asked us to do, in return, for his great sacrifice, was to turn back to doing what was right in our lifetime.

If we want to be saved from destruction at the end of the Great Day of Judgement. We need to observe what Jesus said, not the teaching of men, of this world. Jesus is our teacher, and our only redeemer. He said, we all need to;

Get baptists, observe all the commandments He issued to the best of our abilities, and witness the good news to others, just as He did. (i.e Tell others, of the hope they have. that they too can live forever, if they turn back to God.

I hear most Churches say, just say this simple prayer, ask for repentance, and do whatever. For your good. “Once saved, always saved, they say. But Jesus didn’t say that. We cannot abandon our faith, We must strive, and stay firm in our faith, remain loyal to God, and He will remain loyal to us.

“But the one who has endured to the end will be saved.”

Matthew 24:13

Just my humble opinion, God bless you, and thanks again, for taking the time to read my writing here. Please overlook any grammatical errors, I’m fighting to keep my eyes open, to finish writing this. So I hope it makes sense.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What exactly is a sin?
Sin is simply a symptom of who and what you are. It is a rotten apple on a poison tree. Scripture says sin is proof of an unregenerate spiritual nature.

Matthew 7:16-18 KJV
16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

A sin is just the fruit of a evil tree, allowing all to see your inner nature. You work from there.

Upvote 0