WordAloud

Nov 14, 2012
✟17,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi all

I wrote this piece piece quite a while ago about the transfiguration, in the context of Jesus walking with his disciples to Jerusalem in order to be crucified.

It's on my website and the page is here: Daily Bible Verses For Lent | Transfiguration | Elevated Faith | Revelation Of Christian Faith | Audio KJV | King James Audio Bible – Listen To the Bible! | King James Audio Bible | KJV | King James Version

This is how it goes:

As they travel on the way to Jerusalem, Jesus throws his disciples into confusion by telling them about the suffering and death he must undergo. The disciples simply do not understand. For centuries, the Jews have awaited the coming of the Messiah, whom they envisaged as a glorious warrior king, not as one who would suffer and die the most ignominious of deaths, on a cross, of all things. A person condemned to die on a cross could not be the Messiah; rather, according to the Old Law, he had to be “cursed by God” (Deuteronomy 21: 22-23). The disciples cannot see the divine plan for our salvation, while the command for all who would be saved to ‘take up his cross and follow me’ must have seemed both strange and terrifying. To reassure his disciples, Jesus allows them to witness his glorious body through the transfiguration.

To understand, then, the significance of the transfiguration, we should remember that it was to redeem us through his passion and death that the Lord freely renounced his divine glory, shared with the Father and the Spirit before all time, to assume flesh like our own, inglorious and capable of suffering, becoming like us in all things except sin. This is the Jesus, the man, whom the disciples have known. The intersection of the glorious body of Christ and our fleshly human form is now made manifest.

According to Deuteronomy (19: 15), the agreement of two or three offering evidence must concur. Perhaps this is why our Lord chose Peter, James and John to accompany him up the mountain. The mountain recalls Mount Sinai, where God presented the Law to Moses, and the shining white clothes of Jesus additionally recall Moses being shrouded in light as he speaks with God. The Old Testament of the Bible has prepared the way for the New.

It is Elijah (Elias) and Moses, two great authorities of the Old Testament, who appear to speak with Jesus. Moses represents the Law and Elijah the prophets. Luke additionally tells us that they ‘spake of his decease which he should accomplish at Jerusalem’. Both the Law and the prophets of the Old Testament affirm that the way to salvation and glory lies through the cross.

Peter rejoices at what he sees, though he is afraid and does not know what to say. His offer to make three tents (tabernacles/dwellings) is to honour Jesus, Moses and Elijah. Some scholars believe that this may because it is the sixth day of the Feast of the Tents – hence the opening words of this reading: ‘And after six days…’ – during which feast the people would remember their time in the wilderness and celebrate God’s gift of the Law to Moses. It is as the disciples rejoice that a cloud overshadows them and God’s voice from heaven proclaims Jesus as His Son, the Beloved. (Cf. Isaiah 42: 1: ‘BEHOLD my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.’)

God commands the disciples: ‘Listen to him.’ This is a time of Jesus’ ministry when the miracles so prevalent at the start are becoming the exception. Jesus’ teaching, of his death, resurrection and of the coming of the Kingdom, becomes more forceful now. He is particularly concerned to educate his disciples and to form them for the task that is to come, whereas earlier preaching was to the great crowds of people who flocked to hear him. The disciples will be enabled by God’s command and by the transfiguration to know that Jesus’ teaching of his death and resurrection is true to God’s saving plan. Similarly, those hearing the Gospel of Mark, who may themselves have baulked at the thought of our Saviour, the Messiah, dying on the cross like a criminal, may be given confidence.

The disciples remain confused and are told by Jesus to keep what they have witnessed a secret. Jesus must suffer and die and then rise from the dead before the truth of his divinity may be declared to all. There are many difficult truths for the disciples to learn. These include the expectation of persecutions to come, the demand for a renunciation of fleshly pleasures, the extreme vigilance, or watchfulness, required as we await the coming, and the demand to make the most we can of the gifts God has given us as we spread the good news and build his Church. The time is short. The passion is imminent. There is an urgency now to Christ’s teaching his disciples of the way to salvation.

Any and all thoughts and reflections welcome.

Yours in Christ,

Oliver

One God and Father of All

Apr 20, 2018
Wilmington, DE
✟18,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi all

I wrote this piece piece quite a while ago about the transfiguration, in the context of Jesus walking with his disciples to Jerusalem in order to be crucified.

It's on my website and the page is here: Daily Bible Verses For Lent | Transfiguration | Elevated Faith | Revelation Of Christian Faith | Audio KJV | King James Audio Bible – Listen To the Bible! | King James Audio Bible | KJV | King James Version

This is how it goes:

As they travel on the way to Jerusalem, Jesus throws his disciples into confusion by telling them about the suffering and death he must undergo. The disciples simply do not understand. For centuries, the Jews have awaited the coming of the Messiah, whom they envisaged as a glorious warrior king, not as one who would suffer and die the most ignominious of deaths, on a cross, of all things. A person condemned to die on a cross could not be the Messiah; rather, according to the Old Law, he had to be “cursed by God” (Deuteronomy 21: 22-23). The disciples cannot see the divine plan for our salvation, while the command for all who would be saved to ‘take up his cross and follow me’ must have seemed both strange and terrifying. To reassure his disciples, Jesus allows them to witness his glorious body through the transfiguration.

To understand, then, the significance of the transfiguration, we should remember that it was to redeem us through his passion and death that the Lord freely renounced his divine glory, shared with the Father and the Spirit before all time, to assume flesh like our own, inglorious and capable of suffering, becoming like us in all things except sin. This is the Jesus, the man, whom the disciples have known. The intersection of the glorious body of Christ and our fleshly human form is now made manifest.

According to Deuteronomy (19: 15), the agreement of two or three offering evidence must concur. Perhaps this is why our Lord chose Peter, James and John to accompany him up the mountain. The mountain recalls Mount Sinai, where God presented the Law to Moses, and the shining white clothes of Jesus additionally recall Moses being shrouded in light as he speaks with God. The Old Testament of the Bible has prepared the way for the New.

It is Elijah (Elias) and Moses, two great authorities of the Old Testament, who appear to speak with Jesus. Moses represents the Law and Elijah the prophets. Luke additionally tells us that they ‘spake of his decease which he should accomplish at Jerusalem’. Both the Law and the prophets of the Old Testament affirm that the way to salvation and glory lies through the cross.

Peter rejoices at what he sees, though he is afraid and does not know what to say. His offer to make three tents (tabernacles/dwellings) is to honour Jesus, Moses and Elijah. Some scholars believe that this may because it is the sixth day of the Feast of the Tents – hence the opening words of this reading: ‘And after six days…’ – during which feast the people would remember their time in the wilderness and celebrate God’s gift of the Law to Moses. It is as the disciples rejoice that a cloud overshadows them and God’s voice from heaven proclaims Jesus as His Son, the Beloved. (Cf. Isaiah 42: 1: ‘BEHOLD my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.’)

God commands the disciples: ‘Listen to him.’ This is a time of Jesus’ ministry when the miracles so prevalent at the start are becoming the exception. Jesus’ teaching, of his death, resurrection and of the coming of the Kingdom, becomes more forceful now. He is particularly concerned to educate his disciples and to form them for the task that is to come, whereas earlier preaching was to the great crowds of people who flocked to hear him. The disciples will be enabled by God’s command and by the transfiguration to know that Jesus’ teaching of his death and resurrection is true to God’s saving plan. Similarly, those hearing the Gospel of Mark, who may themselves have baulked at the thought of our Saviour, the Messiah, dying on the cross like a criminal, may be given confidence.

The disciples remain confused and are told by Jesus to keep what they have witnessed a secret. Jesus must suffer and die and then rise from the dead before the truth of his divinity may be declared to all. There are many difficult truths for the disciples to learn. These include the expectation of persecutions to come, the demand for a renunciation of fleshly pleasures, the extreme vigilance, or watchfulness, required as we await the coming, and the demand to make the most we can of the gifts God has given us as we spread the good news and build his Church. The time is short. The passion is imminent. There is an urgency now to Christ’s teaching his disciples of the way to salvation.

Yours in Christ,

Oliver
Some suggest that the vision of the three disciples was a vision of God’s coming kingdom when Jesus will be seen in all his glory. And that Moses represents those who will be raised from the dead and Elijah of those who will be alive at his coming. That makes sense if there is to be a rapture.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Elias appears because the disciples were given to know that Jesus is not Elias, and is the Christ of God, but the other people believed Jesus may be Elias so were not allowed to know the same as the apostles. ( Moses was faithful in all his house but Christ as a Son over HIs own house, is the difference to what the people believed when they believed and trusted in Moses. Hebrews 3:6. Moses body was not found and Elijah goes to heaven in a whirlwind and Elias had a double portion of his spirit. 2 Kings 2:9. 2:11. )

Luke 9:19 They answering said, John the Baptist; but some say, Elias; and others say, that one of the old prophets is risen again.
20 He said unto them, But whom say ye that I am? Peter answering said, The Christ of God.

Matthew 17:4 Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.
5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, THIS IS MY BELOVED SON IN WHOM I AM WELL PLEASED; hear ye him.

Luke 9:35 And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.

Mark 9:7 And there was a cloud that overshadowed them: and a voice came out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.
8 And suddenly, when they had looked round about, they saw no man any more, save Jesus only with themselves.
9 And as they came down from the mountain, he charged them that they should tell no man what things they had seen, till the Son of man were risen from the dead.

Now we come to the apostles making known to all the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, who were told not to tell what they had seen about Jesus transfiguration until He was risen from the dead.

Peter speaks about this specifically, and how other people who speak ( all wo dare to speak n these forums) talk about the prophecy in private interpretation.

Now hear what Peter says instead of private interpreters, of that transfiguration, which is as testified below, the light shining in a dark place, the day dawning and the daystar ( Jesus Christ) arising in your hearts.

2 Peter1:16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.
17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, THIS IS MY BELOVED SON, IN WHOM I AM WELL PLEASED
18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.
19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The false prophets have risen, doing as God foretold they would do right now, using feigned words to make merchandise of you, bringing in damnable heresies, many follow their subtle ways, they speak evil of the truth, they EVEN deny the Lord that bought them with HIs blood. ( they profess and deny in works of coveting and are without morals. Titus 1:16)

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
these words can be relied upon and are for those who do not believe in what they say, yet are fulfilling what they say anyway.

2 Timothy 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Upvote 0

Soulx3

Feb 22, 2024
PNW
✟3,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hi all

This is how it goes:

Yours in Christ,

Oliver

On August 4th, 1944, Jesus showed Maria Valtorta the scene of His Transfiguration, which she described in full a first-hand a witness at His behest. You can read it in The Poem of the Man-God: Vol. III, ch. 348, pp. 239-248

Be blessed by this gift from Jesus :]

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Be blessed by this gift from Jesus :]
Romans 5:15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.
17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Upvote 0

Soulx3

Feb 22, 2024
PNW
✟3,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Romans 5:15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.
17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

All I did was share a gift from Jesus, and He invites you to accept it as well. :]

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
no other foundation but Jesus Christ, and apostle Paul a master builder.

1 Corinthians 3:10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

apostle Paul showed to not hear tens of thousands of so called teachers, but we see his example of suffering great things for the name of Jesus Christ, it is more than enough to turn away from the comfortable liars, isnt it..

Acts 9:16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

1 Corinthians 4:15 For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

Upvote 0

Soulx3

Feb 22, 2024
PNW
✟3,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
no other foundation but Jesus Christ, and apostle Paul a master builder.

1 Corinthians 3:10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

apostle Paul showed to not hear tens of thousands of so called teachers, but we see his example of suffering great things for the name of Jesus Christ, it is more than enough to turn away from the comfortable liars, isnt it..

Acts 9:16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

1 Corinthians 4:15 For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

None of that refutes that Jesus showed Maria Valtorta scenes from His public life, which she described at His behest. :]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
we are told to always have in memory what Peter witnsssed of the transfiguration.

2 Peter 1:15 Moreover I will endeavour that ye may be able after my decease to have these things always in remembrance.
16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.

Peter then warns that the scriptures cant be privately interpreted by anyone.

2 Peter 1:19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Peter also warned of what needed to be revealed to us, like the transfiguration.

The false teachers will come to deceive many, and of course they will be the very ones making private interpretation, and the ones who are not those false teachers, wont make private interpretation, because God has enlightened them to actually obey and believe in HIs word. ( not mans or womans)

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

Upvote 0

Soulx3

Feb 22, 2024
PNW
✟3,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
we are told to always have in memory what Peter witnsssed of the transfiguration.

And Peter wasn't the only witness of the Transfiguration. Other apostles witnessed it too, as did Maria Valtorta. :]

Peter then warns that the scriptures cant be privately interpreted by anyone.

Maria Valtorta didn't interpret, she wrote down all Jesus showed Her, and all that He spoke to Her and told her to say. :]

The false teachers will come to deceive many, and of course they will be the very ones making private interpretation, and the ones who are not those false teachers, wont make private interpretation, because God has enlightened them to actually obey and believe in HIs word. ( not mans or womans)

You haven't shown that Maria Valtorta's writings are not from God. :]

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Peter witnessed the transfiguration of Jesus Christ and spoke about his BELOVED brother Paul. ( Peter says how many wrestle against the words of Paul and the other scriptures also, to their own destruction.)

2 Peter 3:15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

Paul then has approval from Peter, how others will arise to draw away disciples from Christ, by speaking perverse things.

Paul also did not give guidance how to follow so many instructors in Christ, but contrarywise, says he sent Timotheus his BELOVED son, faithful in the Lord, to bring to remembrance Pauls ways in Christ. Paul teaches this same way in every church.

Acts 20:30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.
17 For this cause have I sent unto you Timotheus, who is my beloved son, and faithful in the Lord, who shall bring you into remembrance of my ways which be in Christ, as I teach every where in every church.

Pauls ways are examples to follow, here they are for your REMNDER..

1 Corinthians 4:11 Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwellingplace;
12 And labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it:
13 Being defamed, we intreat: we are made as the filth of the world, and are the offscouring of all things unto this day.

2 Corinthians 11:23 Are they ministers of Christ? (I speak as a fool) I am more; in labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequent, in deaths oft.
24 Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one.
25 Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;
26 In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren;
27 In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness.
28 Beside those things that are without, that which cometh upon me daily, the care of all the churches.

Now we compare Maria Valtorta, bedridden most of her adult life, not only not following any of the ways of apostle P\aul, following in the ways of Christ, but also, she is doing NONE OF THEM N BED, and instead has words to offer.

Instead of acknowledging the way to follow is that of deed and truth, ( again of Paul and all the apostles laying their lives down for the name of Christ) and NOT of word and tongue as .Maria Valtorta,until DID ONLY UNTIL her death.

1 John 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?
18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
19 And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.

John 15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
but on top of that, i can show all words in this whole world, which are not of God, if i want to, but i dont want to, because the testimony of Christ is enough, and of Paul in the mystery of Christ, their examples are true, and other peoples examples that are against them, are a lie.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Soulx3

Feb 22, 2024
PNW
✟3,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Now we compare Maria Valtorta, bedridden most of her adult life, not only not following any of the ways of apostle P\aul, following in the ways of Christ, but also, she is doing NONE OF THEM N BED, and instead has words to offer.

Instead of acknowledging the way to follow is that of deed and truth, ( again of Paul and all the apostles laying their lives down for the name of Christ) and NOT of word and tongue as .Maria Valtorta,until DID ONLY UNTIL her death.

She was bedridden because she was paralyzed. So, only people who can walk can follow Jesus in deed and truth? That's very silly logic as well as uncharitable way of thinking and speaking about your neighbor, and Jesus says we are to be charitable. So, can you say that you yourself are following Jesus in deed and truth? Not in this case. Maria served Jesus in love and obedience, etc.

i do not need to prove that the words of talkers are not from God, they deny Him in works.

Titus 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

You haven't shown that Maria Valtorta denies Jesus. You haven't provided one thing that you believe reasonably supports your claim her writings are heresy.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
She was bedridden because she was paralyzed. So, only people who can walk can follow Jesus in deed and truth? That's very silly logic as well as uncharitable way of thinking and speaking about your neighbor, and Jesus says we are to be charitable. So, can you say that you yourself are following Jesus in deed and truth? Not in this case. Maria served Jesus in love and obedience, etc.

You haven't shown that Maria Valtorta denies Jesus. You haven't provided one thing that you believe reasonably supports your claim her writings are heresy.
Apostle Paul shows he can be followed because of how he was following Christ, in the afflictions, persecutions, all the care for the church, all things Jesus went about doing, curing the sick, raising the dead, how can anyone follow someone into bed. ( a sickbed)

Maria is in a religion that makes heresy, ( Catholic) so you are well answered, and for me or anyone to go into it would be the same vanity, which would be pointless.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
again of the transfiguration. They were EYEWITNESSES of HIs majesty. ( of that same daystar to arise in our hearts)

2 Peter 1:16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.
17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.

2 Peter 1:19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts.

What Peter tells us about is very important, those old false prophets, false teachers, how they deny the Lord who bought them. ( deny in doing no works of the Lord)

They invent subtle ways, speak evil, use feigned words.

I have fully answered on the other thread talking to you, of the works finished by Jesus Christ, which also finished the prophets. ( everybody can go see)

Titus 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Two things left to say, the Christian forum should do its job to move to another area, somebodies insistance of Catholic doctrine. ( to the catholic or controvercial) as how does it belong in Christian scriptures when it is not in the Christian scriptures anybody has BUT CATHOLICS?

If there is anything left to say about peoples claims of knowledge of the transfiguration, state the claims, and lets see if they are amazing, or i they are not going to stop us trusting in false prophets, but are designed to try to make us trust in them.

Upvote 0

Soulx3

Feb 22, 2024
PNW
✟3,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Apostle Paul shows he can be followed because of how he was following Christ, in the afflictions, persecutions, all the care for the church, all things Jesus went about doing, curing the sick, raising the dead, how can anyone follow someone into bed. ( a sickbed)

Maria is in a religion that makes heresy, ( Catholic) so you are well answered, and for me or anyone to go into it would be the same vanity, which would be pointless.

So, only people who can walk cfollow Jesus in deed and truth? That's very silly logic as well as uncharitable way of thinking and speaking about your neighbor, and Jesus says we are to be charitable. So, can you say that you yourself are following Jesus in deed and truth? Not in this case.

The Catholic Church has existed since Jesus founded it over two thousand years ago. It's the Christian Church Jesus founded. Every other denomination came after, including yours. However, you will find heresy everywhere, including in your own belief system. God chose Maria Valtorta to be His "pen." Jesus said, "You shall know them by their fruits" and that "an evil tree cannot bear good fruit." You claim Maria Valtorta's writings are heresy, but you haven't provided any fruit of hers as evidence to support that claim.

Upvote 0