Do Christians Consider it a Lack of Faith to Put Trust into Doctors?

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,841.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What does that have to do with any of this? What kind of whack theology is this? Are you trying to tell me only Paul's writings apply to gentiles?

No, I am saying us in the Body of Christ are not to claim promises that God made to the nation Israel in time past.

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No, I am saying us in the Body of Christ are not to claim promises that God made to the nation Israel in time past.
Well first, I don't see how that has anything to do with Paul. And second, I have good news for you, this promise IS for the Body of Christ.

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Where can you find that promise in romans to Philemon?
You need to drop this line of thinking. It is dangerous and not biblical. A promise of God does not have to be written by Paul to apply to the entire Body of Christ.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,841.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You need to drop this line of thinking. It is dangerous and not biblical. A promise of God does not have to be written by Paul to apply to the entire Body of Christ.

You don’t understand what the body of Christ means. It was a mystery revealed only to the apostle Paul

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,841.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
According to Galatians the New Covenant promises are better.

Are you suggesting that we ignore promises regarding God's faithfulness, loving kindness, mercy, compassion, because they are referenced in the Old Testament?

The body of Christ is not under the new covenant. We are neither the house of Israel nor the house of Judah

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,689.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
According to Galatians the New Covenant promises are better.

Are you suggesting that we ignore promises regarding God's faithfulness, loving kindness, mercy, compassion, because they are referenced in the Old Testament?

Yes, we can, whereas those promises are also in the Messianic Covenant.

There is no promise of the Mosaic Covenant that we can or should rely upon if we are under the Messianic Covenant.

• Agree
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,689.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The body of Christ is not under the new covenant. We are neither the house of Israel nor the house of Judah

What?

Are you saying there is a third covenant for the Body of Christ undescribed in the new testament (that the "new testament" does not apply to the Body of Christ)?

Or are you saying that the Body of Christ has no covenant with God...that we are lawless?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,841.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What?

Are you saying there is a third covenant for the Body of Christ undescribed in the new testament (that the "new testament" does not apply to the Body of Christ)?

Or are you saying that the Body of Christ has no covenant with God...that we are lawless?

In the first place, The body of Christ is not under the law, the law was only given to Israel.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,856.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi, (this is a poorly constructed question)

I have noticed that a tiny minority of Christians (I'm not trying to make a hasty generalization here) don't really trust their doctors. I have heard some stories (and ongoing stories) about people refusing to go to the doctor, trusting that God will heal them of their sickness (in a divine way). Moreover, I have been kinda worried about these people.

I'm no doctor yet (I'm not even a pre-med student yet). However, I just feel a bit worried about this minority group of Christians. But, I don't know if it is right for me to feel this way.

Do Christians consider it a lack of faith (in regards to God) to put trust into Doctors?

Not generally; but like you said, a tiny majority might.
But then, a tiny majority might believe that the earth is flat, that UFOs exist, or many other things. The real question is "why does that worry you?"

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was just listening to a pastor telling a story about when his son was diagnosed with a brain tumor. The son was put through 8 days of testing. And during those 8 days the pastor was in constant prayer and fasting. It seems to me that if he had faith in the doctors, then he wouldn't feel the need to pray to God.

Quite often I've heard stories about someone who was diagnosed with terminal cancer. But they and others continued to pray about it because of their faith in God. Again that ultimately demonstrates a lack of faith in the doctors. Their faith is obviously in God.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,856.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And you don’t understand the mystery of the body of Christ revealed to the apostle Paul

Guys, this is the Christian advice forum.
If you want to debate healing v medicine, or anything else, start another thread.
None of this helps the OP with their question.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I have noticed that a tiny minority of Christians (I'm not trying to make a hasty generalization here) don't really trust their doctors. I have heard some stories (and ongoing stories) about people refusing to go to the doctor, trusting that God will heal them of their sickness (in a divine way). Moreover, I have been kinda worried about these people.

I'm no doctor yet (I'm not even a pre-med student yet). However, I just feel a bit worried about this minority group of Christians. But, I don't know if it is right for me to feel this way.

Do Christians consider it a lack of faith (in regards to God) to put trust into Doctors?

I was just listening to a pastor telling a story about when his son was diagnosed with a brain tumor. The son was put through 8 days of testing. And during those 8 days the pastor was in constant prayer and fasting. It seems to me that if he had total faith in the doctors, then he wouldn't feel the need to pray to God.

Quite often I've heard stories about someone who was diagnosed with terminal cancer. But they and others continued to pray about it because of their faith in God. Again that ultimately demonstrates a lack of faith in the doctors. Their faith is obviously in God.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,841.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you want to debate healing v medicine, or anything else, start another thread.

If you have been following my posts, I am telling the op that you should go to a doctor, because we in the body of Christ are not given healing promises that was given to Israel in time past.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The OP sounds like a debate topic starter to me.
  1. No poster can answer that question on behalf of all of Christendom.
  2. The popular view won't answer that topic on behalf of the cited fringe group.
(Maybe the whole thread should be moved...)
full

Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟886,663.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

God uses people's professions. The ark didn't build itself, Noah did. God also uses doctors, firemen, and police.

We have a pastor in Sweden who threw away his glasses, because a man of God should have good sight right? He thought he was acting in faith. What happened was he had to buy a new pair. ^_^ This was in his younger years, luckely he has changed a lot since then.

God sometimes heals people at instant, but usually we have to stay on the medicines prescribed. That is also how it is in my case. There are cases where people quit medicines to be healed usually ending up in catastrophes.

Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0

AK1982

All things ... through HIM who strengthens!
Sep 26, 2019
Netherlands
✟29,012.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Mark 2:7 It was written - “On hearing this, Jesus said to them, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners”

Sick need doctors! Who are we to rule out that Jesus was drawing a lame parallel?

Call a firefighter if your house is on fire. Don’t sit and pray and call it faith.

Last edited:
Upvote 0