Houston, Tx
✟11,542.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
you are so interesting before he became the god he was a man .as a man he would do things that the common people do .common people drink alcohol
so it is not surprising that he have the possibility to drink alcohol

Jesus did not "become" God. He was God. He is, and always was the pre-existing, uncreated Creator of the universe. From birth He was divine God wrapped in human flesh. There was no "becoming" to it.

That aside, alcohol is not something profane or sinful, it is in fact spoken of throughout scripture as a blessing of/from God and yes, Jesus did drink wine.

Upvote 0

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I know Jesus drank wine, but was it fermented wine? The Gospels talk about old wine and new wine. Could old wine be fermented wine and new wine unfermented wine?

No, wine is wine. The attempt by some to make "wine" = "grape juice" is just ridiculous.

I just have a hard time believing that Jesus would drink something that has such harmful effects on the body--even in moderation.

What are your thoughts?

I think its a good thing that wine in moderation isn't harmful, but has health benefits. Jesus drank alcohol.

Upvote 0

Chris47

May 7, 2010
Perth Ontario
✟15,308.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
The problem with putting new wine in old wine skins has nothing to do with the CO2 but the vinegar bacteria in the old wine skins. This would quickly turn the new wine to vinegar and is akin to the warning about the leaven of the Pharisees and the unholy contaminating the Holy.

Chris

Upvote 0

Rahm

Give 'em Heaven
Jan 10, 2008
Green Bay, Wisconsin
✟25,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Jesus did not "become" God. He was God. He is, and always was the pre-existing, uncreated Creator of the universe. From birth He was divine God wrapped in human flesh. There was no "becoming" to it.

That aside, alcohol is not something profane or sinful, it is in fact spoken of throughout scripture as a blessing of/from God and yes, Jesus did drink wine.
You're right, Jesus did not become a god. However--what does it mean that he was 'begotten'? Does God beget children--or did his followers say that is what happened?

Upvote 0

LLWHA

May 21, 2007
✟910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I know Jesus drank wine, but was it fermented wine? The Gospels talk about old wine and new wine. Could old wine be fermented wine and new wine unfermented wine? I just have a hard time believing that Jesus would drink something that has such harmful effects on the body--even in moderation.

What are your thoughts?
Of course Jesus drank wine. Wine can be good for the body. I don't think he planned on using that body for a long time anyway. Jesus was about the soul of man and bodies are really not important to God or Jesus as its the soul making its way home to "I AM" that counts.
Now Jesus Obeyed Gods COMMANDMENTS; LAWS; Statutes; Judgements; Economic Policy; Agricultural Policy and Diet so he of course would not eat pig, lobster, catfish or shrimp.
Drinking well there is no rule, law that God gave us against it when not being a glutton about it as far as I know. You drink too much all the time well there your family was allowed to step in and even have you executed.
I find it very odd when I go hang out with Christians that they do not drink but will try and feed me all the bad stuff above? They seem to hide bacon in everything:)

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
you are so interesting before he became the god he was a man .as a man he would do things that the common people do .common people drink alcohol
so it is not surprising that he have the possibility to drink alcohol

Jesus drank wine. Wine was the norm. Just like in Italy today you can stop at many a convenience store an get a bottle of wine, like many stateside get a Pepsi. To tell an Italian in Italy that drinking wine is wrong? They will suddenly act like they do not understand English.

Of course Jesus drank wine. Jesus never got drunk. Getting drunk is a sin. Peter had sex with his wife. But, Peter never fornicated. Likewise, drinking a glass of wine is not a sin.

Psalm 104:14-15

He makes grass grow for the cattle,

and plants for man to cultivate—
bringing forth food from the earth:
`wine that gladdens the heart of man,
oil to make his face shine,
and bread that sustains his heart.

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Why is a church school spamming this thread? That seems unethical to me.

A few days later"
I see the ad is removed. :) I'd reccomend talking to the site owns about how you can let people on this site know about your school.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums