variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Even if it did, it'd get thrown out as unconstitutional faster than you would believe. Ex Post Facto and all...

It wouldn't be unconstitutional to require the registration of firearms after the purchase.

Ex post facto, or after the fact applies to criminal liability for actions taken before the law was passed.

Upvote 0

Metal Minister

New Year, Still Old School!
May 8, 2012
✟29,999.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Like all of these petitions nothing will come from it.

Still signed.

I think its akin to a placebo. Make people think they're doing something, when in actuality, its being completely ignored...

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think its akin to a placebo. Make people think they're doing something, when in actuality, its being completely ignored...

Yeah, that said it did give me a evil bit of pleasure when I signed the, "Deport people who signed petitions to secede from the union" petition too.

Something about a few hundred thousand butthurt people waking up one day to find out they've been given their wish but not quite how they envisioned it made me smile.

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Metal Minister

May 8, 2012
✟29,999.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, that said it did give me a evil bit of pleasure when I signed the, "Deport people who signed petitions to secede from the union" petition too.

Something about a few hundred thousand butthurt people waking up one day to find out they've been given their wish but not quite how they envisioned it made me smile.

^_^

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I almost wonder (a bit conspiritorial I know) but since they can't let a good crisis go to waste, is it possible that this is the first step to disarming the American people? All dictatorships start that way....hmmm it does bring one to thought...

Disarm? No. There's too much case law interpreting the 2nd Amendment in favor of private ownership, that you'd need a SCOTUS with 9 Diane Fiensteins in order to make that happen.

So it ain't gonna.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GarfieldJL

Dec 10, 2012
✟26,292.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It wouldn't be unconstitutional to require the registration of firearms after the purchase.

Ex post facto, or after the fact applies to criminal liability for actions taken before the law was passed.

Actually it would not only be Ex post facto, it would likely also be in violation of the 4th Amendment if I remember correctly.

It doesn't take an Einstein to figure out that the government is trying to get a list of people whom has these firearms in order to illegally seize them.

Upvote 0

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Actually it would not only be Ex post facto, it would likely also be in violation of the 4th Amendment if I remember correctly.

It doesn't take an Einstein to figure out that the government is trying to get a list of people whom has these firearms in order to illegally seize them.

Paranoid much?

Upvote 0
C

Caesars Ghost

Disarm? No. There's too much case law interpreting the 2nd Amendment in favor of private ownership, that you'd need a SCOTUS with 9 Diane Fiensteins in order to make that happen.

So it ain't gonna.
:eek:Visualizing a world with 9 Diane Fiensteins in it.:swoon:

And just before bed too. Thanks for that. No, really!
smiley-happy017.gif

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

GarfieldJL

Dec 10, 2012
✟26,292.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Paranoid much?

Do you live within a few hours of Chicago? I do, and since Chicago got a 2nd term in Washington, I actually think I'm more than justified to not trust the Federal Government.

Benghazi-gate
Fast & Furious -- Which I think the actual purpose of this was to give guns to Drug Cartels and create an upsurge in gun violence.
Bullying the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court into upholding a bad piece of legislation that clearly violates the Constitution...

Would you like a longer list?

Upvote 0

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Do you live within a few hours of Chicago? I do, and since Chicago got a 2nd term in Washington, I actually think I'm more than justified to not trust the Federal Government.

Benghazi-gate
Fast & Furious -- Which I think the actual purpose of this was to give guns to Drug Cartels and create an upsurge in gun violence.
Bullying the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court into upholding a bad piece of legislation that clearly violates the Constitution...

Would you like a longer list?

Wow, that seems to be delusional since I don't recall the city of Chicago being on the ballot...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Metal Minister

May 8, 2012
✟29,999.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

So it ain't gonna.

Ah, but with the prospect of up to I believe 4, justices retiring in the next few years, it stands to reason that our current president may get something very close to that!

Upvote 0

Metal Minister

May 8, 2012
✟29,999.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Glas Ridire

Dec 28, 2010
✟4,005.00
Faith
Celtic Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This looks like an attempt to gauge the temperature of the American gun and anti-gun public.
It's extreme. I too hope it fails.

Yup, it is a probing attack not meant to succeed so much as to gather information about where the tipping point would be & whose careers or lives must be ended to further "the cause". Betcha a few months after this bill fails, a few key people have scandals or fatal car crashes. The left will stop at nothing to make sure only the more equal animals have civil rights.

Upvote 0

Glas Ridire

Dec 28, 2010
✟4,005.00
Faith
Celtic Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Wow, that seems to be delusional since I don't recall the city of Chicago being on the ballot...

Chicago is a euphemism for Obama, since Obama is and always has been just a puppet for the Daley machine .. . from his early days extorting well paid preachers and calling it "community organizing" to the present.

Upvote 0