May 8, 2012
✟29,999.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You would rather have a gun than a drone equipped with a couple Hellfire missiles?

No offense (because I don't know you, or your background) but do you know what a hellfire missile is? It needs a much sturdier platform than a drone can accommodate. Each weighs roughly 100 pounds, and are capable of taking out a tank. It's generally fired from an Apache helicopter.

Reactions: EdwinWillers
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,135.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,462.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

JCSr

Gunshine State
Sep 6, 2012
✟11,486.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Glas Ridire

Dec 28, 2010
✟4,005.00
Faith
Celtic Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What about predator drones? Don't we have the right to each own one to counter our evil government?

Of course you can have whatever predator drone you want. It hasn't been that many months since an animal rights group had their drone shot down over a bird hunting area.

Why should you having a drone be a prob?

Upvote 0

JCSr

Gunshine State
Sep 6, 2012
✟11,486.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
No offense (because I don't know you, or your background) but do you know what a hellfire missile is? It needs a much sturdier platform than a drone can accommodate. Each weighs roughly 100 pounds, and are capable of taking out a tank. It's generally fired from an Apache helicopter.
How many tanks can one take out with a shotgun? Isn't the choice clear? A drone over a gun.

Upvote 0

Metal Minister

New Year, Still Old School!
May 8, 2012
✟29,999.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks Belk. I did the research before the post and thought the post was light-hearted enough to not need proof. Of course I am not advocating the use of drones for the civilian population.

Then why post it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Metal Minister

May 8, 2012
✟29,999.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
All except the part where you question if I know what a Hellfire missile is. The link was appreciated.

Actually I was trying to gauge how in informed you were, and on the chance that you were not very well informed give you a bit of information on it. Pardon my attempt to help.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Metal Minister

May 8, 2012
✟29,999.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Then you are aware that it can in fact be launched from a drone?

Yes, but not nearly as effectively. Fewer can be carried, and as a platform its unstable so it makes it accuracy drop.

Upvote 0

JCSr

Gunshine State
Sep 6, 2012
✟11,486.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Actually I was trying to gauge how in informed you were, and on the chance that you were not very well informed give you a bit of information on it. Pardon my attempt to help.
Do you always question a person's intelligence before helping them? Does that really work for you?

Upvote 0

Metal Minister

May 8, 2012
✟29,999.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you always question a person's intelligence before helping them? Does that really work for you?

Not questioning your intelligence, just trying to be helpful. Again, pardon my attempt to help. Perhaps instead of making this thread about me or you, we get back to the topic at hand?

Upvote 0