Southern US
✟391,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I doubt a bill like this would pass the Senate let alone the House. I wrote emails to both senators from Ohio to express my opposition to this bill.

Agreed, and I did the same.

Upvote 0

Metal Minister

New Year, Still Old School!
May 8, 2012
✟29,999.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For those concerned with this list of banned weapons I have found a partial list.

Now it's only 12 weapons but it's telling of the Feinsteins mentality.

Hope you don't mind, but I snagged that pic! Absolutely hysterical! (^_^)

Upvote 0

Metal Minister

May 8, 2012
✟29,999.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So... All the gun grabbers need to do is make sure that the 4 that retire are Alito, Roberts, Scalia and Thomas, then replace them with Diane Feinstein clones, somehow get a majority in the House, write legislation that basically does away with the 2nd Amendment, get it passed by said majority, then sent off to the Senate for rubber stamping by the Super Majority they'll need to get the bill sent to the president, have him sign it and then the newly confirmed Feinstein court to find it constitutional.

I can't see how that plan can possibly fail! :p

Eh, I was actually figuring they'd cram something through similar to how they crammed through obamacare ( I don't see the republicans holding the house in the next election) and then Obama signing it. If even one of those "conservative" justices retires, Obama can place nearly anyone he wants there. Then any challenges brought up can be roundly defeated. I never said it would DEFINITELY happen, only indulging a bit of a conspiracy theory for a moment. ;)

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
That would have been funny, but the one in the lower left corner ruined it for me.

They should have used a pepperbox or a duckfoot. :D

I love that that's the one what ruined it for you and not the car. Haha!

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Illuminaughty

Drift and Doubt
May 18, 2012
✟13,109.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
do they think we are so stupid we don't realize we've already tried this and it didn't work?
Probably. They know that people are scared and that they don't always pay much attention to past policy successes or failures. Sad thing is none of the people calling for a new AWB have even tried to spin the last one as having been successful. They know they can't so they just say absolutely nothing about it. It's almost like we never even had one not that long ago that lasted 10 years and was completely unproductive.

Upvote 0

Metal Minister

May 8, 2012
✟29,999.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Probably. They know that people are scared and that they don't always pay much attention to past policy successes or failures. Sad thing is none of the people calling for a new AWB have even tried to spin the last one as having been successful. They know they can't so they just say absolutely nothing about it. It's almost like we never even had one not that long ago that lasted 10 years and was completely unproductive.

I've seen that a lot in the last few elections as well...seems like politicians expect us all to be utterly ignorant, and willing sheeple.

Upvote 0