• Who really knows at this point?

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,788.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Our county has banned anyone from out of town to stay here overnight because of it unless it's to visit family.

Not saying it's not right but it's sure starting to sound like the old western TV show like Gun Smoke. Sheriff Matt Dillon says to a drifter that he want's them out of town by sundown. :pray:

• Haha
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

BryanJohnMaloney

Jun 15, 2017
Carmel
✟26,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why has this matter become an issue of political dogma divorced from medicine? The plain truth is that only a complete idiot would insist on a single national policy for this matter. Each individual district should be free to respond to its individual situation without being dictated to by the Zentralkommissar for Indoctrination--oops, I mean the Secretary of Education.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Out of all the Trump appointees she has to be one of the strangest. I’m not sure if she’s just a bit thick or if she genuinely just doesn’t give a crap about her job and the responsibilities inherent in it.

Given I believe her stated goal has been to destroy public schools and get everyone into Christian private schools, wouldn't surprise me, .

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This whole push by the government is because behind the scenes they are looking at the economy collapsing. They are looking at the big picture. No tax revenue coming in or not enough could be devastating and cause a lot of issues. The next president will be looking at hard cuts and my guess is that safety nets will take the first hit. Right now parents can't find anyone to watch their kids. In my town the last day care just went under. You can't go to work and leave the kids alone.

Yeah....not like forcing the economy open isn't causing problems...oh wait it is. How long can the economies of arizona/texas/florida last.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Here's another interview where DeVos is asked about schools in 'hot spots'. Notice that she says, in that case, a school could close for a 'couple of days'. Does she think that she's being asked about an outbreak in school rather than the whole district, city, or even state as is happening now in several states?

Beginning at 8 mins.

PLus a couple of days? At the least it be 2 weeks, she seems to have no plan or idea what to do with covid..

Upvote 0

BryanJohnMaloney

Jun 15, 2017
Carmel
✟26,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just find it interesting that an appointee of the party that used to pretend to want to dismantle Federal overreach and uphold the rights of states and localities to make their own decisions is now a Soviet-style, top-down, centralizer.

Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BryanJohnMaloney

Jun 15, 2017
Carmel
✟26,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It doesn’t appear that temperature checks are that useful. Smell tests, however, seem like they may be really useful. Fever checks can't catch all Covid-19 cases. Smell tests might help

Part of the thing is that we started out flying totally blind. Never rely on the PRC for reliable information. I am astonished that anyone was outraged that the rest of the world is having to figure all this out for itself. Expect a wolf to be a wolf, and you will never be outraged at what it does.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Biden is an expert.
M
What does my post have to do with Biden?

Groups seem to be using temperature checks in lots of contexts. One post here referred to it. I'm sympathetic with the idea of doing the best we can, but my impression is that temperature checks are looking less useful than had been hoped, though according to the article they were useful for SARS. It looks like there may be at least one better alternative.

There are lots of things that can be done for schools. The CDC guidance includes the ones I know about. What no one can tell is whether they are enough. That is likely to depend upon the prevalence of the virus in the community. I had hoped it would be in better control by Sept.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's interesting. In Texas, the Texas Education Agency has assured parents and teachers that the danger of the pandemic has passed, and it's safe to bring masses of children back into schools.

However, the TEA continues to work from home, and will not bring their people back together for the forseeable future.

Which pretty much tells you what they think of students, teachers and parents.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Biden is an expert.

More precisely, Biden consults experts to understand what the issues are.

Wouldn't it be great if we had adults running the country, who would have the intelligence and humility to do the same?

Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I saw the parents participation up close from observing my wife's third grade Zoom meetings and phone calls and emails sent to parents.

Only 30 to 40% of parents seemed to be interested with the online learning at home process. The majority never even checked their child's work.

Kids probably learned 20% of what they would have learned in the classroom.

Looks like most schools in California are not going to be reopening soon. Because of the very high possibility of my wife being exposed to CV at school and then bringing it home to me the old guy with a couple of medical issues -- I'm ok with that, although for the general population and health of our Country, probably not in our best interest.

Saw on the news where two teachers who taught summer school in the same room together both died from CV.

M

I can't say whether or not your estimates are at all correct or not but I do know that way too many parents have abdicated their responsibilities to make sure their children are properly educated. Too many think that education occurs in classrooms alone.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Wouldn't it be great if we had adults running the country, who would have the intelligence and humility to do the same?

Biden has proven that
he has none of the above.
M

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0