• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured Desiring to be rich is a snare.

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by W2L, Oct 31, 2017.

1. RaymondG

RaymondG Well-Known Member

+2,725
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I wasnt talking about you, I was talking about the Pharisee of the bible. In this post and others, you condemn yourself by putting yourself in my posts when I repeatedly tell you that I am talking in general and not about you.......I also repeatedly tell you that I see no fault in anything you believe. I also state that I agree desiring wealth is a snare and gave explanations on why I i know it is true and why it is pointless to desire it.

You have to eat the whole book, not just a few scriptures.....then you will understand. The church in acts only had the Old testament scriptures to read.....

2. W2L

W2L Well-Known Member

+10,860
    Christian
    Private
    I dont condemn myself, because i follow the Lord. You passive aggression and dishonesty is noted.

3. RaymondG

RaymondG Well-Known Member

+2,725
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    To the pharisee, Jesus was a blasphemer and worthy of death. I feel no aggression toward you. I have found nothing offensive about anything you have said in the past, nor will I be offended by anything you have to say in the future. But feel free to test that out if you like.

4. claninja

claninja Well-Known Member

+1,447
    Christian
    Married
    You are absolutely correct. God can bless people with earthly wealth and has. Solomon is a great example. But things didn’t turn out so well for king Solomon. And this was because he broke 3 important commandments that Israel’s Kings were instructed not to do.

Only he must not acquire many horses (1 Kings 10:25-29) for himself or cause the people to return to Egypt in order to acquire many horses, since the Lord has said to you, ‘You shall never return that way again.’ And he shall not acquire many wives ( 1 kings 11:1-2) for himself, lest his heart turn away, nor shall he acquire for himself excessive silver and gold (1 kings 10:14-22)
    Deuteronomy 17:16-17

Wealth is a dangerous snare, even for the wisest of men who have blessed by God.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. W2L

W2L Well-Known Member

+10,860
    Christian
    Private
    Test it out? Its like you're saying that i cant offend you, but go ahead and try anyway?

6. W2L

W2L Well-Known Member

+10,860
    Christian
    Private
    Exactly. Raymond has repeatedly disagreed with me while saying he is in agreement. As you have noted he actually doesnt even know what the OP says.

7. W2L

W2L Well-Known Member

+10,860
    Christian
    Private
    I dont believe that, nor did i say i did. How do you know what others think?

8. W2L

W2L Well-Known Member

+10,860
    Christian
    Private
    You disagree in many ways, yet you say you dont disagree. Here are your words, i could post many more i suspect but dont feel like reading 10 more pages again