Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Sue because you passed on that candle place where you light candles and pray.. I have been able to pray for a man named Tony who has been placing prayers there since I have been there in the last few days.. He has placed a prayer there tonight (tonight my time).. about not having the courage to go on.. about giving the LORD his life to take.. It sounds like he is going to die.. but I will pray it is to the flesh.. and reborn in Spirit.. The first time I posted a prayer tonight.. it just completely dissapeared.. like something didn't want me to post that..

This is what I prayed for him... just now.. hoping it is still there.. And Ohhh Lord make him come back and read this prayer.. and see that others love him and are praying for his salvation!! For him to live!!

Thank You Father God that You do take Tony and you forgive his sins. But not to die but to be reborn of spirit to live and be at peace amen

Sue I have been going there ever since you posted that link.. Through the short prayers able to be prayed there.. we can wittness.. but also pray for those there..

Please go and pray for him too.. That instead of death.. he finds life..

http://www.rejesus.co.uk/spirituality/pap04test/post_prayer.html

Find Tony's candle and mine together click on church.. my name is Sharon.. and my candle is right beside his.. Maybe many of us could light candles and pray for him..

Ohh thank You Sue.. you sharing this link.. Will save his life.. Because the prayers of a righteous man/woman.. that is US.. are effective..

I hope you don't mind me putting this here.. but it was you that helped me find this man in the first place..

:groupray: :D :)

Upvote 0

Deba

The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want (period)
Jul 8, 2007
An American living in Laos
✟13,167.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Sue: Try this link
http://www.helpguide.org/mental/adhd_add_adult_symptoms.htm

I was diagnosed as depressed for over 20 years. Once they wanted to give me Electro Shock Treatment because the drs. said they had never seen someone as depressed as me not be suicidal.

When a counselor suggested evaluating me for ADHD - I thought, "No way! I'm a slug, not hyperactive." But the meds worked for years and in His time God healed me.

I also found that distance running and painting (rooms and houses) helps. Guess there is something about the repeated monotonous motion that reset my brain.

PS Hug people!

Upvote 0

irenemcg

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
Caught up in the Heavenlies
Visit site
✟24,981.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Sue do you know How you have blessed others in this site time after time! You are a blessing.

Father,
I pray that this depression be cast down into the sea never to return and I pray that Sue 's mind will be constantly transformed and renewed by Christ Jesus!

Upvote 0

peacechild4

My ♥ is hidden in GOD~ want to find me ~ find GOD
Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
http://christianforums.com/showthread.php?p=42225968#post42225968

A good word.. to encourage you!!

Also amazing when I turned on my ipod tonight.. it picks random songs.. umm... I have hundreds on there.. the song it picked first was Healing rain by Michael W.Smith..

The words to his song might speak and encourage you also.. I found them on the internet.. posted on Healing ministry as well!!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Healing rain is coming down
It's coming nearer to this old town
Rich and poor, weak and strong
It's bringing mercy, it won't be long
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Healing rain is coming down
It's coming closer to the lost and found
Tears of joy, and tears of shame
Are washed forever in Jesus' name
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Healing rain, it comes with fire
So let it fall and take us higher
Healing rain, I'm not afraid
To be washed in Heaven's rain
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Lift your heads, let us return
To the mercy seat where time began
And in your eyes, I see the pain
Come soak this dry heart with healing rain
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And only You, the Son of man
Can take a leper and let him stand
So lift your hands, they can be held
By someone greater, the great I Am
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Healing rain, it comes with fire
So let it fall and take us higher
Healing rain, I'm not afraid
To be washed in Heaven's rain
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To be washed in Heaven's rain... [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Healing rain is falling down
Healing rain is falling down
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

I'm not afraid
I'm not afraid...​
[/FONT]

God bless you sweet sister.. when we have a burden on our hearts for one another.. we hand it straight to God.. Today you have been that burden.. not a weight though.. rather a heart felt concern.. and it is done
with sweet release as we place you in His healing hands..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

irenemcg

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
Caught up in the Heavenlies
Visit site
✟24,981.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I wrote this when I was dealing with something myself and I had a virus.

HEALING IN HIS WINGS
The Lord our God is the son of righteousness,
And He rises with healing in His wings,
Generation after generation has experienced healing,
For He is Jehovah Rapha, the Lord that heals.

God does not change with the seasons ,
Yesterday today forever He is the same,
God’s mercies are for everyone,
He is the healer of the sick and the lame.

The sick are healed through praying in faith,
The Lord will raise them up as His Word saith,
The words of Jesus were I am willing, be healed,
For it is by the stripes he took we are healed.

I’m believing and receiving for a total inner healing,
For my Lord and my God is forever willing,
To renew the strength of all who wait on Him,
I will rise up like and eagle, healed to soar with Him.

Irene McG 2007

Upvote 0

youthwalk

Kimpa Vita
Dec 7, 2005
Visit site
✟47,713.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
((((Hugs))))

Sue!

I know the struggle with depression. Feeling well and thriving only to have it pop up again.

The Word is so filled with hope and comfort for times like these. Remember that we all have struggles and this doesn't make you any worse than anyone else. God loves you and so do I.

I pray for peace and comfort for you at this time. For healing, strength and joy. In Yeshua's name, Amen.

Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost. Romans 15:13

Upvote 0

he4rty

Just A Fool For Christ
Apr 28, 2006
Visit site
✟21,138.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Hi Sue,

Didn't read many of the posts, but every time I do go to read a post of yours, I am always drawn to your avatar and the beautiful picture you created.
Each one of us is different, Thank God, I'd hate to bump into me. So we all need to find our spiritual release, for some on here its poetry for others it might be studying the word, For you it could be painting.

So my offer of advice would be to go somewhere quite, maybe stick on a worship Cd and just paint, anything, just let the colours and brush flow onto the canvas as you want.
As a Performer I know each sketch I do is to some extent an extension of who I am and so I believe it is so with all from of creative work. And a release can be felt when you pour your heart out into what ever you choose to do.

Just some more quick words, I loved the its a duck so why not call it a duck statement, and yes call it a duck give it a name then remember Jesus is the name above all names and at his name every knee will bow, so give it a name then remind it that at Jesus name it must bow down and be gone.

Also, just recently the Lord has began opening the Psalms up to me, and one thing I noticed in the psalms was that they never held back if life was crap they would say life is crap but would then go on to praising and thanking God.

God bless you Sue.

He4rty.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

millerrod

Contributor
Dec 10, 2005
I try to live in obidence to god some days i fail
✟15,533.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think it's got me again, I can't make it stop.
I thought I was healed, but it comes back and comes back. A few months at most and it comes back.

:help:

And please don't tell me what a crap Christian I am for allowing this. I know.

I am a case worker for 50+ people and about 90% of them deal with depression and i have myself as well. And there is one thing i have found that removes depression from everyone. It worked for me and its worked for everyone that was willing to do it.
So whats this one magic bullet to kill depression ??
Charity !!
Find a purpose find a soup kitchen, a homeless shelter, nursing home , hospitial, a child , a person in prison, a person with a disability.
Find someplace that you can reach out to and help --Love.
When you bake cookies and take them to a nursing home and hand them to a lonely dieing elderly person the smile you recieve will give you peace and blow a hole in depression.
When you fix up a doll make it new cloths do its hair and hand it to a child the smile and twinkle in their eye will destroy depression, when you visit someone in prison or someone confined to their home the smile and the warm touch of their hand the tear in the corner of their eye will destroy depression, When you walk into a hospitial and read a book to a sick child or play music for someone dieing and you see the look of peace fall upon them it will cripple depression.
I have seen people who could not walk and were bound in a wheelchair and depression resulting from this all but was destroying and taking over their life and i have had them paint a picture and then took them to a nursing home and give it to someone there and i have watched depression be uterly destroyed by Charity--Love.
This isnt my opinion this isnt a well maybe this works and it works everytime.
Reach out and find someone to Love someone the world has forgot and in Loving them your own wounds will be healed and depression will be gone from your life. Peace and Love Rod

Upvote 0
Dec 18, 2003
✟11,355.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think it's got me again, I can't make it stop.
I thought I was healed, but it comes back and comes back. A few months at most and it comes back.

:help:

And please don't tell me what a crap Christian I am for allowing this. I know.
The Bible says that sorrow increases with knowledge.

Solomon said this and he wrote the most sorrowful book in the Bible ... Ecclesiaties.

He had any woman he wanted, all the riches to buy anything he wanted, had great power as king and ruler, had great insight and wisdom, was very romantic and yet ... with all that he had he realized it was all vanity.

Am I cheering you up yet? :)

Jesus said ... in this world you will have sorrow, but be of good cheer I have overcome this world.

When we see this world for what it really is ... it is depressing ... it is sad ... I think this is directly connected with growing in the Lord ... I think this is directly connected with praying in the Spirit because we all have a spiritual need to come into full bloom of what God has called us to be.

19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. 20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, 21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. 23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body. 24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? 25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. 29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Reactions: youthwalk
Upvote 0

youthwalk

Kimpa Vita
Dec 7, 2005
Visit site
✟47,713.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
The Bible says that sorrow increases with knowledge.

Solomon said this and he wrote the most sorrowful book in the Bible ... Ecclesiaties.

He had any woman he wanted, all the riches to buy anything he wanted, had great power as king and ruler, had great insight and wisdom, was very romantic and yet ... with all that he had he realized it was all vanity.

Am I cheering you up yet? :)

Jesus said ... in this world you will have sorrow, but be of good cheer I have overcome this world.

When we see this world for what it really is ... it is depressing ... it is sad ... I think this is directly connected with growing in the Lord ... I think this is directly connected with praying in the Spirit because we all have a spiritual need to come into full bloom of what God has called us to be.

19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. 20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, 21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. 23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body. 24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? 25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. 29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

:amen: :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Meshavrischika

for Thy greater honor and glory
Jun 12, 2007
OK
✟43,103.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
People with mental illness are not "crap christians" or even any less christian. That's like saying people with diabetes or high cholesterol are less christian.

I have bipolar disorder. I do not pray to God to be released from it because it is who I am and how He made me to be. Until he moves me that I need to be released from it, I live with it. It does have its benefits (even though they are hard to see at times)

Anyway... basically I just pray for understanding and the ability to differentiate reality from my "not so real" moments in my disease.

Drawing closer to Him is the only suggestion I can offer you for peace. :(

Hugs.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.