When I awake I am still with You
Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think it's got me again, I can't make it stop.
I thought I was healed, but it comes back and comes back. A few months at most and it comes back.

:help:

And please don't tell me what a crap Christian I am for allowing this. I know.

HephzibahBenJudah

Daughter of Zion
Oct 31, 2006
Florida
✟128,051.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
NO you're not...it's an attack partially and maybe something else...have you tried tanning beds or brighter lights during the seasonal equinox changes?

I always feel blah during the fall and winter when there is less light. Brighter lights in the room, plenty of rest, drink 6-8 glasses of water a day and take a multivitamin.

and take 2 of these :groupray: :groupray: and call me in the morning...

Praying sis! Hang in there.

Upvote 0

HephzibahBenJudah

Daughter of Zion
Oct 31, 2006
Florida
✟128,051.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We know a lil of what ya going through...chemicals and keeping them in balance is hard to do later in life one gets.
I'm older than you. Have you consulted your doctor at all about this?

Also with the spiritual side though play alot of praise and worship music or Bible verses on CD. Keep them around you and in you and even in the worst of times like now read the Psalms out loud and say ...

hallelujah anyhow
when troubles come my way
lift my hands up high and say
hallelujah anyhow!

Helps me...(I know I'm weird)

Upvote 0

irenemcg

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
Caught up in the Heavenlies
Visit site
✟24,981.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I thought I was healed, but it comes back and comes back. A few months at most and it comes back.

:help:

:hug: :groupray: We love you, don't call our friend a crap Christian,it's not allowed you hear that! God loves you and wants to wrap His arms about you right now

Deu 33:27 The eternal God is your refuge,
And underneath are the everlasting arms;
He will thrust out the enemy from before you,
And will say, "Destroy!'

Upvote 0

ralangley

Veteran
May 30, 2007
Washington State, USA
✟18,724.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
No, as the above posters stated, you're not a crap Christian. I can't imagine anyone even suggesting that.

Depression can range in severity, and at its most extreme end, can be life-threatening. Its important to not ignore depression because it seldom goes away on its own.

Often, depression can be a call to go deeper into your healing. You mentioned that it comes and goes. I'm curious if you've uncovered the reasons as to why? Sometimes it helps to talk with a counselor who can help you focus on the underlying issues, but ultimately, its work that you need to do yourself. Another idea I have is that you write letters to Jesus, and listen for what He might want to say about your sadness. Is it caused by unhealed wounds? Is it chemical? Is it environmental? Is it what you say to yourself? Or is it partially all of these things? And then ask Him what you need to do to heal? Perhaps you need sunshine and laughter, perhaps you need a silent retreat in the woods. Maybe you need to work with a therapist or in a group. I don't know, but God knows what you need to heal.

Anyway, I'm praying for you. I know how painful depression can be. I also know that depression can be healed and that the process can be filled with growth. Peace.

Upvote 0

KleinerApfel

Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know all the right things to do spiritually, I try, but I obviously give in too much.

I listen to worship songs, the bible and sermons on my mp3 player as I work.

Biggest trouble is, when I slip this far down there's a point where I reach an acceleration and lose the desire to fight it. It's as if depression seduces me and I can't resist, I just see that old pathway and it looks so easy and familiar... Despair. Why would I choose despair???

I think I'm just wishing to go so deep down that i enter oblivion. Rest, I want real, true, lasting rest, and I can't find it.

Reactions: msbojingles
Upvote 0

JAS4Yeshua

Servant of the Lord
Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Marina, California
Visit site
✟64,964.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Depression is a very difficult battle. I know from personal experience. One of the things that helps me is to go through God's promises to me, as stated in His Word. Spend time in the Pslams, meditating on God's wonderful nature. Keep a journal, writing down the promises of God, and how you have seen Him move in your life. When the negative thoughts come, like "crap Christian" counter it with God's Word. Don't dwell on the negative thoughts, but take them captive. I know if I dwell on the negative thoughts, it only causes my depression to get worse. Above all else, pray and praise, even if you don't feel like it. Put in a worship CD and sing praises, even if your heart doesn't feel like it. I know it has helped me, especially during the difficult trials I face with Michelle.

I hope this post is able to encourage you in some small way. I will pray for you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WarEagle

Nov 12, 2006
✟7,149.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I suffer from severe depression.

I have medication and have seen a counselor for it and it really isn't much of an issue in my life anymore, so I know what it's like for you and I know that you can beat it.

Are you seeking help?

It's a medical condition. It has no bearing whatsoever on the state of your Christianity.

Upvote 0

JAS4Yeshua

Servant of the Lord
Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Marina, California
Visit site
✟64,964.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I know all the right things to do spiritually, I try, but I obviously give in too much.

I listen to worship songs, the bible and sermons on my mp3 player as I work.

Biggest trouble is, when I slip this far down there's a point where I reach an acceleration and lose the desire to fight it. It's as if depression seduces me and I can't resist, I just see that old pathway and it looks so easy and familiar... Despair. Why would I choose despair???

I think I'm just wishing to go so deep down that i enter oblivion. Rest, I want real, true, lasting rest, and I can't find it.
I highlighted a phrase for a reason, because I can identify with that statement from a personal perspective. It is difficult when we are in that valley, but the only thing I can find to do during that time is continue to pray and cling to God and His Word. Get prayer and counsel from other Sisters in the Lord. Someone you can speak to and pray with, in person or over the phone. There are Christian counselors as well, that are trained to handle depression. Seek the Lord in all, and pray about the possibility of getting professional help. There is hope, and I will continue to lift you up in prayer.

Upvote 0

KleinerApfel

Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was on SSRI's (antidepressants) for 9 months from autumn 2006 - summer 2007, then God healed and delivered me fo some stuff and afetr a few weeks I began to wean off. I have not taken them since August.

I believed I was healed. why would I need pills again? Am i healed or not? If not, why not, when i truly thought I was? :confused: :confused: :confused:

I hate pills, they make me feel ill in other ways. Always a trade-off that takes considerable debating with myself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KleinerApfel

Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Rest, I want real, true, lasting rest, and I can't find it."

I highlighted a phrase for a reason, because I can identify with that statement from a personal perspective. It is difficult when we are in that valley, but the only thing I can find to do during that time is continue to pray and cling to God and His Word. Get prayer and counsel from other Sisters in the Lord. Someone you can speak to and pray with, in person or over the phone. There are Christian counselors as well, that are trained to handle depression. Seek the Lord in all, and pray about the possibility of getting professional help. There is hope, and I will continue to lift you up in prayer.

There is hope? Are you sure?

I might live another 40 years like this before I die. Rest, is there really rest for me in THIS life?

Upvote 0

JAS4Yeshua

Servant of the Lord
Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Marina, California
Visit site
✟64,964.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I hate pills as well, and I personally don't want to take them unless it is a last resort. I can tell you there are times that I struggle as well, but the important thing for me is taking my mind off my depression and putting it on other things, especially things of the Lord.

The Lord tells me He won't give me more than I can handle, and I trust Him for that.

The Lord tells me He won't leave me or forsake me, so I cling to Him with all that I have.

The Lord tells me He will give me a future and a hope, and I look to the future and the hope.

Does it help me get past the feeling of wanting to go home with Him? Sometimes yes, sometimes no. But despite it all, I continue to trust in the Lord with all my heart, and try not to lean on my own understanding. I try to acknowledge Him in all my ways, and let Him direct my paths. At times I get tired, holding on to the Lord, but He never lets me go.

This was an encouragement to me yesterday, when I was struggling.

Exodus 17:11-13 NIV
11 As long as Moses held up his hands, the Israelites were winning, but whenever he lowered his hands, the Amalekites were winning. 12 When Moses' hands grew tired, they took a stone and put it under him and he sat on it. Aaron and Hur held his hands up--one on one side, one on the other--so that his hands remained steady till sunset. 13 So Joshua overcame the Amalekite army with the sword.

When you lack strength, let others hold up your hands in prayer. Today, on my lunch break, I called a Brother and prayed with him, asking him to lift up my hands, so to speak. It really did help me.

Upvote 0
C

Christina M

Yes, I've had counselling, healing, deliverance.
I really, really thought I'd dealt with everything.

You HAVE dealt with everything!:angel:

The enemy will always hit us at our weakest point. Especially if we have had victory in it already. You've already won - he's just trying to steal the victory.

Our hormones can wreak havoc on us... but we can ride it out.

Pamper yourself a bit... let yourself "just be" - no shoulds/have to's... let God hold you... eat right... drink lots of water... lots of tea... eat lots of protein... little starch/sugar... try to just hold on.

You WILL make it through..... hold onto God!! Count your stones - you have lots of them!

Joshua 24:27
And Joshua said to all the people, "Behold, this stone shall be a witness to us, for it has heard all the words of the LORD which He spoke to us. It shall therefore be a witness to you, lest you deny your God."

:groupray:

Upvote 0

KleinerApfel

Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, I really meant more along the lines of medical help, since it's a medical problem.

is it really a medical problem though?

Many people say it's our thoughts that bring it on, feed the brain with bad stuff, stress hormones, all re-arranges the brain chemisrty.

So is it my fault?

or to put it another way, if I was a bettr person, could I chase it away by thinking "properly" as some teach?

I used to think so. I still think they have a point. But if that's true, then when you begin to slip down fast, and you can't make it stop, all your left with is self-loathing.

I did it to myself, i lost the healing I received, i let the demons get me, i gave in because I'm weak. i deserve to feel bad.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.