Visit site
✟143,337.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
When Amil's read the whole New Testament we see that the Day of the Lord - when Jesus returns - is it. There is no more, no in-between ages, no end-times-table. The Lord suddenly and unpredictably returns and EVERYTHING changes in an instant.

There are two ages in the New Testament - THIS AGE - and the AGE TO COME - and the transition between the two is the Day of the Lord aka Judgement Day aka the Coming of the Son of Man. There's just no separating any of this out! The dead are raised and judged, the heavens and earth melt, the New Heavens and New Earth are installed and believers are saved into their eternal new home. All together - as far as I can tell - in a flash! So read the clearer statements in Scripture first, then try and understand the less clear after that. Let's look at the clear first.

THIS AGE looks like this:-
“homes, brothers, sisters, mothers, children, and fields — and with them persecutions” (Mk 10:30); “The people of this age marry and are given in marriage” (Lk 20:34); the scholar, philosopher and such wisdom are of this age (1 Cor 1:20); secular and religious rulers dominate (1 Cor 2:6-8); “the god of this age [Satan] has blinded the minds of unbelievers” (2 Cor 4:4); this age is explicitly called “the present evil age” (Gal 1:4); ungodliness and worldly passions are typical of it (Titus 2:12). All of these qualities are temporal, and are certainly destined to pass away with the return of our Lord. “This age” is the age in which we live, and is the age in which we struggle as we long for the coming of Christ and the better things of the age to come.

THE AGE TO COME looks like this:-
it is characterized by eternal life (Mk 10:30; Lk 18:30); is also denoted as a time when there is no marriage or giving in marriage (Lk 20:35); and it is which is characterized by “life that is truly life” (I Tim 6:19). These qualities are all eternal, and are indicative of the state of affairs and quality of life after the return of Christ. In other words, these two ages, the present (“this age”) and the future (the “age to come”) stand in diametrical opposition to one another. One age is temporal; the other is eternal. One age is characterized by unbelief and ends in judgement; the other is the age of the faithful and is home to the redeemed. It is this conception of biblical history that dominates the New Testament.

THE DAY OF THE LORD / LAST DAY looks like this

MATTHEW 13
The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvesters are angels. 40 “As the weeds are pulled up and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the age. 41 The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. 42 They will throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 43 Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Whoever has ears, let them hear.

Jesus expressly states that he will raise believers up on the “last day” (Jn 6:39, 40, 44, 54; 11:24)

“There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the last day” (John 12:48)

The return of Christ will occur “in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed” (1 Co. 15:52; cf. 1 Thess 4:16). Notice that there are no gaps of time indicated between the resurrection and the judgement. These texts collectively speak of the resurrection, the judgment, and the return of Christ as distinct aspects of but one event, occurring at precisely the same time (cf. Mt 25:31-46). Premillennialists, who often chide amillennialists for not taking the Bible “literally” and who champion what they call the “literal” interpretation of Scripture, must now insert a thousand-year gap between the Second Coming of Christ (and the resurrection) and the Final Judgment to make room for the supposed future millennial reign of Christ! And this, ironically, when the clear declarations of Scripture do not allow for such gaps.

IT ALL HAPPENS TOGETHER!
2 Thessalonians 1:7-10
and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well. This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels. 8 He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9 They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might 10 on the day he comes to be glorified in his holy people and to be marveled at among all those who have believed. This includes you, because you believed our testimony to you.

2 Peter 3:10-13
10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare. 11 Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives 12 as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat. 13 But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells.

(Much of the material here adapted from the following source.)
A Present or Future Millennium? by Kim Riddlebarger

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When Amil's read the whole New Testament we see that the Day of the Lord - when Jesus returns - is it. There is no more, no in-between ages, no end-times-table. The Lord suddenly and unpredictably returns and EVERYTHING changes in an instant.

There are two ages in the New Testament - THIS AGE - and the AGE TO COME - and the transition between the two is the Day of the Lord aka Judgement Day aka the Coming of the Son of Man. There's just no separating any of this out! The dead are raised and judged, the heavens and earth melt, the New Heavens and New Earth are installed and believers are saved into their eternal new home. All together - as far as I can tell - in a flash! So read the clearer statements in Scripture first, then try and understand the less clear after that. Let's look at the clear first.

THIS AGE looks like this:-
“homes, brothers, sisters, mothers, children, and fields — and with them persecutions” (Mk 10:30); “The people of this age marry and are given in marriage” (Lk 20:34); the scholar, philosopher and such wisdom are of this age (1 Cor 1:20); secular and religious rulers dominate (1 Cor 2:6-8); “the god of this age [Satan] has blinded the minds of unbelievers” (2 Cor 4:4); this age is explicitly called “the present evil age” (Gal 1:4); ungodliness and worldly passions are typical of it (Titus 2:12). All of these qualities are temporal, and are certainly destined to pass away with the return of our Lord. “This age” is the age in which we live, and is the age in which we struggle as we long for the coming of Christ and the better things of the age to come.

THE AGE TO COME looks like this:-
it is characterized by eternal life (Mk 10:30; Lk 18:30); is also denoted as a time when there is no marriage or giving in marriage (Lk 20:35); and it is which is characterized by “life that is truly life” (I Tim 6:19). These qualities are all eternal, and are indicative of the state of affairs and quality of life after the return of Christ. In other words, these two ages, the present (“this age”) and the future (the “age to come”) stand in diametrical opposition to one another. One age is temporal; the other is eternal. One age is characterized by unbelief and ends in judgement; the other is the age of the faithful and is home to the redeemed. It is this conception of biblical history that dominates the New Testament.

THE DAY OF THE LORD / LAST DAY looks like this

MATTHEW 13
The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvesters are angels. 40 “As the weeds are pulled up and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the age. 41 The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. 42 They will throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 43 Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Whoever has ears, let them hear.

Jesus expressly states that he will raise believers up on the “last day” (Jn 6:39, 40, 44, 54; 11:24)

“There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the last day” (John 12:48)

The return of Christ will occur “in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed” (1 Co. 15:52; cf. 1 Thess 4:16). Notice that there are no gaps of time indicated between the resurrection and the judgement. These texts collectively speak of the resurrection, the judgment, and the return of Christ as distinct aspects of but one event, occurring at precisely the same time (cf. Mt 25:31-46). Premillennialists, who often chide amillennialists for not taking the Bible “literally” and who champion what they call the “literal” interpretation of Scripture, must now insert a thousand-year gap between the Second Coming of Christ (and the resurrection) and the Final Judgment to make room for the supposed future millennial reign of Christ! And this, ironically, when the clear declarations of Scripture do not allow for such gaps.

IT ALL HAPPENS TOGETHER!
2 Thessalonians 1:7-10
and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well. This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels. 8 He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9 They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might 10 on the day he comes to be glorified in his holy people and to be marveled at among all those who have believed. This includes you, because you believed our testimony to you.

2 Peter 3:10-13
10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare. 11 Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives 12 as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat. 13 But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells.

(Much of the material here adapted from the following source.)
A Present or Future Millennium? by Kim Riddlebarger
Absolutely. I agree with everything that was said here. The lack of response suggests to me that all of this is just too simple for people here to believe. They think "Surely, it must be more complicated than that!". No, it is not. Good stuff.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Absolutely. I agree with everything that was said here. The lack of response suggests to me that all of this is just too simple for people here to believe. They think "Surely, it must be more complicated than that!". No, it is not. Good stuff.

As to the lack of my response, for example, I wasn't even aware of this thread until today. Never noticed it prior to that. According to the date in the OP, this thread was created June 20th. It is now June 29th, and I'm just now noticing this thread. Some of what is submitted in the OP I tend to agree with. Some of it I don't.

One thing I disagee with the OP about, just because 1 Co. 15:52 happens in a twinkling of an eye, that doesn't give the interpreter the right to insist all these other events happen in this same twinkling of an eye, or even in a diffrent twinkiling of an eye.

Nowhere in the entire NT does it ever say, in regards to other events involving His 2nd coming, that they too happen in the twinkling of an eye. If that was true, the text would have told us that the same way it told us that in 1 Co. 15:52. Except, in regards to these other events, the text never tells us they too happen in a twinkling of an eye. To insist they do is adding to the text something not remotely found in the text, thus an unsound interpretation being the result.

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟748,657.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
7) How do we understand prophecies that speak of “the day of the Lord” are they always talking about the last day or Can it be referring to temporary Judgments?

The day of the Lord often refers to historical events that occur in the OT. The day of the Lord comes against Babylon in Isa. 13; against Idumea in Isa. 34; and against Israel in Joel 2. Interestingly, the “day” of the Lord is not one day, for it occurs many times. Yet it is “one” in the sense that each day of the Lord event is a type of and a pointer to the final, consummate day of the Lord. The AD 70 judgment was a “day of the Lord” against Jerusalem.

Source

Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟150,921.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Satan and his gang will be here before Christ -the Day of the Lord. The word states it and people have to be prepared for that. So that is a HUGE something that can't be glossed over. Anyone just waiting on Christ to return at this point will be in for a huge shock. Anytime the "end times" are mentioned that is something that can't be ignored.

Last edited:
Reactions: DavidPT
Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Satan and his gang will be here before Christ -the Day of the Lord. The word states it and people have to be prepared for that. So that is a HUGE something that can't be glossed over. Anyone just waiting on Christ to return at this point will be in for a huge shock. Anytime the "end times" are mentioned that is something that can't be ignored.

To add to that since I grasp what you are meaning, and that I agree with you here, Pretribbers aside, there are actually interpreters who are not Pretribbers yet insist that Christ can return at any time, today even, that nothing is preventing that from happening. Except if that is true, the Bible is a book full of one lie after another since this would mean prophecies that have to be fulfilled before Christ can return, these are false prophecies.

It's interesting, that in 2 Thessalonians 2, that Paul obviously didn't think Christ could return at any time, that He could return even that very same day he was living in, the fact he made it crystal clear, that this has be fulfilled first, that that has to be fulfilled first, etc, before Christ can return.

2 Thessalonians 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Imagine reading that in Paul's day and time then concluding that Christ could return even that very day, even though Paul has made it clear that that coming cannot happen unless there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition.

What's ironic about some of this, Pretribbers no longer aside, in regards to this point, it seems to me that Paul was going out of his way here to refute nonsense such as a Pretrib rapture, and that Pretribbers are then using some of this chapter as support for their position.

Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟150,921.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Pretribbers aside, there are actually interpreters who are not Pretribbers yet insist that Christ can return at any time, today even, that nothing is preventing that from happening.
I know. If I'm not mistaken, the OP is one of them.
2 Thessalonians 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Imagine reading that in Paul's day and time then concluding that Christ could return even that very day, even though Paul has made it clear that that coming cannot happen unless there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition.

What's ironic about some of this, Pretribbers no longer aside, in regards to this point, it seems to me that Paul was going out of his way here to refute nonsense such as a Pretrib rapture, and that Pretribbers are then using some of this chapter as support for their position.
I agree. And it's very clear to me, chapter 2 is definitely refuting the "anytime" doctrine. And Paul is very specific in his warning. It's a shame that even after this second letter, many cling to his first letter in their rapture beliefs. Even though he tells them don't even be confused as by a letter from them.

Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As to the lack of my response, for example, I wasn't even aware of this thread until today. Never noticed it prior to that. According to the date in the OP, this thread was created June 20th. It is now June 29th, and I'm just now noticing this thread. Some of what is submitted in the OP I tend to agree with. Some of it I don't.
You are one person. Since you didn't notice this thread until now means no other Premil did, either? Obviously not. I stand by what I said. I think what he presented here is too simple for most Premils to accept. Not all Premils agree on everything, of course, but in my opinion the overall views of most Premils are rather convoluted. What was presented in the OP here is very simple and straightforward in comparison.

One thing I disagee with the OP about, just because 1 Co. 15:52 happens in a twinkling of an eye, that doesn't give the interpreter the right to insist all these other events happen in this same twinkling of an eye, or even in a diffrent twinkiling of an eye.
I'd have to read the OP again. If that is something that the interpreter is insisting, then I would agree that there isn't anything which proves that. But, at the same time, it seems to me that if the changing of the bodies of all believers (we're talking many millions of people here, at least) only takes an instant, then other events that will occur on the day Christ returns most likely won't take long, either. Not necessarily as quick as the changing of our bodies, but probably not nearly as long as Premils tend to think these things will happen, either.

Nowhere in the entire NT does it ever say, in regards to other events involving His 2nd coming, that they too happen in the twinkling of an eye.
What difference does this make exactly? I don't see why this matters, at least in terms of things like how long it will take for the dead to be resurrected, how long it will take for us to be caught up to Him in the air, or how long it will take for His wrath to come down on the earth at that point.

If that was true, the text would have told us that the same way it told us that in 1 Co. 15:52.
Not necessarily. But, since we're not told that explicitly, we can only speculate on that. I certainly see nothing wrong with using 1 Cor 15:52 as evidence to suggest that things will happen quickly on that day. Even Jesus Himself said "For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man" (Matthew 24:27).

Except, in regards to these other events, the text never tells us they too happen in a twinkling of an eye. To insist they do is adding to the text something not remotely found in the text, thus an unsound interpretation being the result.
Again, I don't see why this matters, so please explain to me why you think it does.

Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
7) How do we understand prophecies that speak of “the day of the Lord” are they always talking about the last day or Can it be referring to temporary Judgments?

The day of the Lord often refers to historical events that occur in the OT. The day of the Lord comes against Babylon in Isa. 13; against Idumea in Isa. 34; and against Israel in Joel 2. Interestingly, the “day” of the Lord is not one day, for it occurs many times. Yet it is “one” in the sense that each day of the Lord event is a type of and a pointer to the final, consummate day of the Lord. The AD 70 judgment was a “day of the Lord” against Jerusalem.
Sure, but in terms of "the day of the Lord" written about in passages like 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3 and 2 Peter 3:10-12, that is talking about the day Christ returns. Peter wrote about the day of the Lord in terms of being part of the fulfillment of the promise of His second coming (2 Peter 3:10-13) which includes the ushering in of the new heavens and new earth that Peter said we are looking forward to (2 Peter 3:13).

Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What did you mean by this exactly? Who is in Satan's gang and where are you saying they will be exactly? I'm neither agreeing nor disagreeing with what you said here, I'm just trying to understand what you were intending to say.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To add to that since I grasp what you are meaning, and that I agree with you here, Pretribbers aside, there are actually interpreters who are not Pretribbers yet insist that Christ can return at any time, today even, that nothing is preventing that from happening. Except if that is true, the Bible is a book full of one lie after another since this would mean prophecies that have to be fulfilled before Christ can return, these are false prophecies.

It's interesting, that in 2 Thessalonians 2, that Paul obviously didn't think Christ could return at any time, that He could return even that very same day he was living in, the fact he made it crystal clear, that this has be fulfilled first, that that has to be fulfilled first, etc, before Christ can return.

Jesus also indicated that certain things would happen first before His coming at the end of the age. I know we disagree on what Matthew 24:15-21 is about, but Jesus said other things in relation to His second coming that had to occur first before He returned such as the earthquakes, wars, pestiliences, etc. and the appearance of many false prophets, many turning away from the faith and the increase in wickedness, which lines up with what Paul wrote in 2 Thessalonians 2 as well.

Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think you may be right about that, but it's not something he said in the original post. That makes me wonder if he thinks 2 Thess 2 relates to 70 AD or something, which I would disagree with.

I agree. And it's very clear to me, chapter 2 is definitely refuting the "anytime" doctrine. And Paul is very specific in his warning. It's a shame that even after this second letter, many cling to his first letter in their rapture beliefs. Even though he tells them don't even be confused as by a letter from them.
I agree. It really couldn't be more clear. I see some pre-tribs trying to say that the "apostasia" Paul referenced is not a falling away from the faith but a reference to the departure of the church from the earth. I can't take that view seriously. That would mean in 2 Thess 2:1-3 he was saying that the rapture had to occur first before...the rapture. Huh?

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Scripture is God's word, Science is God's works
Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟143,337.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

Source
True - "The Day of the Lord" is a developing theme in the OT with images of warfare, judgement, exile, slavery, plagues, but also salvation, justice, and even some small glimpses of eternity and paradise. But I'm using it in the New Testament sense to refer to what everyone here keeps talking about - what we expect to happen next. And from what I can see, we might have another 5 seconds and then IT ALL HAPPENS or we might have another 50,000 years and then IT ALL HAPPENS. But it's clear that there are only 2 ages: this one and then eternity. This millennial stuff and endless rehashing of end-times tables just makes me shrug my shoulders at the endless bickering and time wasted over drawing up these unknowable - from an Amil perspective - irrelevant and untrue hunches.

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟143,337.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I simply don't see that in the New Testament! Instead - I see apocalyptic metaphors describing evil in all it's forms being 'dressed up' as one figure we know as Satan. Note: I'm not saying Satan and his demons are not real! I'm saying we must be careful when reading apocalyptic descriptions of Judgement Day not to read into the text our particular issues, cultural expectations, and questions. The "Man of lawlessness" is one such passage that people take as a time-table prediction - but many see as a metaphorical description of Judgement Day.

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟143,337.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I am! I think Revelation describes life now by referring us to the Roman persecution then. That is, sometimes when worldly governments persecute us we'll have some passages of Revelation to remind those churches what to do. So while it encourages us all generally to stay true to our Lord, some passages are particularly relevant to North Korea, China, and some Muslim countries. Other passages describe our potential to be seduced by the wealth and military security of the great empires. So we could currently apply those to western nations, especially America with her huge military arsenal. The way I see some American Christians NOT separating out their civic duties and worship of God in 2 different spheres of life but combining the 2, it really scares me! They're conflating the functions of civic duty with who and what they should worship! Just look at the way certain types of church folk rave about TRUMP as some kind of saviour of America!

But other passages that seem to imply events before the end? Nah. I'm not convinced. Matt 24 was about AD70 AND the Last Day - and jumped about the 2 in a compare and contrast exercise. Nothing else. And the other classic mentioned 2 Thessalonians? I'll leave that up to my friend to explain.

My friend Doctor Greg Clark on the antichrists​

John writes that “many antichrists have come”, reminding us that there has been great opposition to Christ ever since he was born (remember how Herod killed all the babies in Bethlehem trying to get to Jesus?). Throughout the whole Bible, we find characters who are ‘anti’ God’s plans—wicked men, foreign kings, false prophets and ‘the beast’ who features in Revelation 13. Even in Deuteronomy, there are warnings about the rise of prophets who lie and preach rebellion against the true God.

But is there going to be one mega-evil ruler who will deceive the world and lead millions astray and do things like brand ‘666’ on their foreheads?

Probably not. There are passages in the Bible which talk about a particular being who is Christ’s foe (e.g., “the man of lawlessness” in 2 Thessalonians 2 or the dragon of Revelation 12-13 who is identified as the Devil). But this kind of symbolic language is used to describe an attitude or spirit of evil rather than a single evil person. The fact that some parts of Scripture bring ultimate evil to a head by using an individual character to identify it probably says more about how dramatic literature operates than it does about predicting history.

The worst thing about antichrists is that they have come from within the church! The apostle John wrote that they “went out from us, but they did not really belong to us”. This is what antichrists do. They get among believers and try to deceive them, persuading them to believe lies and getting people to follow them and their deceptions rather than Jesus and his truth. They teach that Christ did not come in the flesh (1 Jn 4:1-3); they say it doesn’t matter whether you sin or not (1 Jn 1:5-10); and they neglect their Christian brothers and sisters (1 Jn 4:19-21).

According to God’s word, the antichrist might have sat next to you in the church pew. This isn’t a scene from a horror movie; quite the opposite-it is an everyday event. In this final age before Jesus returns, plenty of opponents of Jesus will arise. And they may even be in church, trying to deceive us and lead us into error. But Christians can be confident and at peace, because there will be a day when all ‘antichristness’ will be done away with.

It’s a bit of a waste of time trying to work out whether the antichrist is Boris Yeltsin, the Dalai Lama, Bill Gates or the Pope. It’s just as likely to be your granny or your next door neighbour, if they are promoting lies about our Lord.

Just make sure it isn’t you …

See that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. If it does, you also will remain in the Son and in the Father. And this is what he promised us—even eternal life. (1 John 2:24-25)

The devil you know

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,264.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
IT ALL HAPPENS TOGETHER!
Sheer nonsense!
This idea conflicts with all the Prophets, especially with the Revelation of Jesus. There is an obvious and clearly stated sequence of things that must take place before the glorious Return of Jesus; to reign on earth for the next thousand years.

Will it be like this when Jesus Returns? Amos 5:18-20 Woe betide those who long for the Day of the Lord! What will the Day of the Lord be like for you? It will be darkness, not light, it will be as one who runs from a lion; is confronted by a bear, or as when he enters his house and gets bitten by a snake.
The Day of the Lord is indeed darkness and without a ray of light. John 8:123,
Acts 22:6

The Itallahappensononeday theory, is wrong and simply impossible. And to think all the events Written before the Return, have already happened, is a gross error that conflicts with the reality of our current situation.

Reactions: Jesus is YHWH
Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟143,337.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
This idea conflicts with all the Prophets,
Incorrect. They were largely talking about local wars and local "days of the Lord" that were fulfilled in the OT.
I've already explained all this to you.

especially with the Revelation of Jesus.
Incorrect. Revelation was about the Roman persecution of John's era to help us understand the threats and temptations we will face until the Lord returns. Reading it as a timetable of a 'Great Tribulation' at the end of history undermines what previous generations of Christians have been through - and basically makes most of the book irrelevant for the last 2000 years.
I've explained this to you many times.
You know this is a result of the futurist reading of Revelation.

There is an obvious and clearly stated
Except it's not, no 2 futurists agree, and you're the only one pushing your exact end-times-table.
I wonder how many young people will leave Christianity because they're reading your blog and will find you to be entirely wrong in the coming years?

Will it be like this when Jesus Returns? Amos 5:18-20 Woe betide those who long for the Day of the Lord! What will the Day of the Lord be like for you? It will be darkness, not light, it will be as one who runs from a lion; is confronted by a bear, or as when he enters his house and gets bitten by a snake.

Yeah, right. Your interpretation of it turns it into a wimpy little "Day of the Lord" where he needs the SUN to burn a patch of the middle East that might kill maybe 400 million humans. Newsflash: there's 8 BILLION of us! Even a full scale nuclear war between Russia and America would kill more people than your wimpy version of the "Day of the Lord".

Reactions: Truth7t7
Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Of course it gives the interpreter the right to claim eternity begins in the twinkling of an eye at the last trump, at this time death is swallowed up in victory, eternity begins (Then Cometh The End)

When Jesus returns, (Then Cometh The End) there isn't a 1,000 year Millennium seen between verses 23-24 below as many falsely claim

1 Corinthians 15:23-24KJV
23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

(No 1,000 Year Kingdom Is Seen Here)

24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

In The Twinkling Of An Eye, Death Is Swallowed Up In Victory, Eternity Begins

1 Corinthians 15:52-54KJV
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Incorrect. They were largely talking about local wars and local "days of the Lord" that were fulfilled in the OT.
I've already explained all this to you.

Incorrect. Revelation was about the Roman persecution of John's era to help us understand the threats and temptations we will face until the Lord returns. Reading it as a timetable of a 'Great Tribulation' at the end of history undermines what previous generations of Christians have been through - and basically makes most of the book irrelevant for the last 2000 years.
I've explained this to you many times.
You know this is a result of the futurist reading of Revelation.

Except it's not, no 2 futurists agree, and you're the only one pushing your exact end-times-table.
I wonder how many young people will leave Christianity because they're reading your blog and will find you to be entirely wrong in the coming years?

Yeah, right. Your interpretation of it turns it into a wimpy little "Day of the Lord" where he needs the SUN to burn a patch of the middle East that might kill maybe 400 million humans. Newsflash: there's 8 BILLION of us! Even a full scale nuclear war between Russia and America would kill more people than your wimpy version of the "Day of the Lord".
2 Peter 3:10-13KJV
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,264.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, right. Your interpretation of it turns it into a wimpy little "Day of the Lord" where he needs the SUN to burn a patch of the middle East that might kill maybe 400 million humans. Newsflash: there's 8 BILLION of us! Even a full scale nuclear war between Russia and America would kill more people than your wimpy version of the "Day of the Lord"
Try actually reading what the Bible says before making your foolish and ignorant comments,
Death and destruction Caused by a Coronal Mass Ejection:

Deuteronomy 32:41 When I set my hand to judgement, My sword will devour flesh.

Isaiah 66:16 The Lord will judge with fire and many will be slain by Him.

Psalms 37:9-10 & 20 For evildoers will be no more, their place will be empty. Evil people will die, they will be incinerated and will go up in smoke.

Malachi 4:1 The Day comes, burning like a furnace...on the Day the Lord takes action, all wicked peoples will be as ashes under your feet.

Zephaniah 1:3 & 11 I shall destroy humans and animals. Dire distress will come upon all the godless peoples, their blood and guts will spill over the ground.

Psalms 97:3-5 For My sword is ready and it descends upon those doomed for death. Fire goes ahead of the Lord and consumes His enemies on every side.

Isaiah 63:6 The Lord stamped on peoples in His anger, their blood poured out on the ground.

Isaiah 54:6 ...though the sky be dispersed, the earth be wasted and its inhabitants die like flies.

Jeremiah 25:33 Those whom the Lord has slain in that Day will lie scattered from one end of the earth to the other.

Jeremiah 9:22 Corpses will lie like dung in the fields, like swaths behind the reaper.

Isaiah 34:3 The dead will be flung out and will cover the ground, their bodies will stink.

Isaiah 13:12 Humans will become scarce, more rare than fine gold.

Reactions: Jesus is YHWH
Upvote 0