Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 8:

God delights in us, seeking Him.

Amen. Those seeking God, in His Word, and thus His wisdom, early, WILL find BOTH.

For He LOVES to fill us with His joy, peace, celebration, and wisdom and discernment.

He will ALWAYS answer with more than we expect.

We will ALWAYS find Him in His Word.

Precious.

And when we SEEK God diligently in His WORD, He WILL do this:

"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not." ~Jeremiah 33:3

iu

This bears repeating.

Amen.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 8:

Seeking God.

Seeking God, especially seeking Him (and His wisdom) early is a very precious thing to Him. He tells us that we WILL find Him, when we seek Him early.

How precious is THAT??!!

Proverbs+8.jpg

Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Proverbs 8:

Seeking God.

Seeking God, especially seeking Him (and His wisdom) early is a very precious thing to Him. He tells us that we WILL find Him, when we seek Him early.

How precious is THAT??!!

Proverbs+8.jpg
I have wondered about this Matthew scripture. The Lord says to seek and we will find, and then says therefore whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets. Is He saying that Love is how we seek God? Or do i misunderstand?

Matthew 7:7 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. 9 Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent? 11 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him! 12 Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I have wondered about this Matthew scripture. The Lord says to seek and we will find, and then says therefore whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets. Is He saying that Love is how we seek God? Or do i misunderstand?

Matthew 7:7 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. 9 Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent? 11 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him! 12 Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

To me, it means that it delights God's very heart when we ask Him a'rightly for good things, and that He delights in giving them to us. Those things that are according to His will, we WILL receive, in HIS timing. Sometimes right away, sometimes not, for reasons only He knows, at the time. In the meantime, He asks us to TRUST Him as a small child would, and to delight in, and rejoice in Him.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
To me, it means that it delights God's very heart when we ask Him a'rightly for good things, and that He delights in giving them to us. Those things that are according to His will, we WILL receive, in HIS timing. Sometimes right away, sometimes not, for reasons only He knows, at the time. In the meantime, He asks us to TRUST Him as a small child would, and to delight in, and rejoice in Him.
Amen.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

In the meantime we SEEK those things we are thankful to Him for, which is akin to putting on "armor" against the negative that surrounds us and attempts to claim our attention.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In the meantime we SEEK those things we are thankful to Him for, which is akin to putting on "armor" against the negative that surrounds us and attempts to claim our attention.
Our attention should be focussed on whatever is true, lovely, noble and praiseworthy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 8

Seeking God early.

God loves those who love Him. That's delightful, isn't it? It is written that when we seek God EARLY we will find Him.

That sounds like an enthusiastic pursuit of God first thing in the morning, doesn't it?

How precious is THAT??!!

iu

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 8:

Seeking God early.

It is a special delight to seek God, especially when it's early.

It's quiet, and in a sense, sacrificial, simply because "early" is not a preference for most hahaaa (i can relate) ^_^

Yet those times i get up early, and just do, without contemplating about it, are so precious and blessed. I believe it blesses and delights God's heart.

And THAT is reason enough.

Amen?

"I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me." ~Pr 8:17

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 8:

Creativity.

"I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions." ~Pr 8:12

God grants us creativity and inventiveness when we seek Him first, and delight in Him and the wisdom He freely gives us. We become problem-solvers in the most creative of ways and notice and discover "new" things that we, or possibly anyone else, has not thought of before.

This comes to mind:

“Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not." ~Jere 33:3

How DELIGHTFUL is THAT??!!

Amen?

proverbs 8.png

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 8:

This is precious. My own prayer is that i would always seek God early in the morning, and be excited about it, and EAGER to seek His dear face.

How very DEAR His heart is towards us, amen?

Precious.

PROVERBS 8 17.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BaptistBibleBeliever

Brother Virgil
Site Supporter
Dec 6, 2018
McHenry
Visit site
✟41,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
"Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him" (Pro8:30 KJV).

Oh, that I might bless the Lord every day, that He would delight Himself in me. What are the depths in that single concept of a sinner saved by grace making the very God of the universe smile and find joy is us. Billions of people on this earth, and yet he takes notice of the single saint.

Upvote 0