Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
"Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him" (Pro8:30 KJV).

Oh, that I might bless the Lord every day, that He would delight Himself in me. What are the depths in that single concept of a sinner saved by grace making the very God of the universe smile and find joy is us. Billions of people on this earth, and yet he takes notice of the single saint.

Amen and amen! I just ordered a book titled "Making His Heart Glad". As the new year approaches, it is my own heart's desire to "make His heart glad". That's the bottom line of our relationship with our heavenly Father, isn't it?

Is there anything more crucial than this?:

"I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me." ~Pr 8:17

And who doesn't want to hear God singing?

"The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing." ~Zeph 3:17

Upvote 0

SWIll

Newish
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2018
SW Illinois
✟116,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Amen and amen! I just ordered a book titled "Making His Heart Glad". As the new year approaches, it is my own heart's desire to "make His heart glad". That's the bottom line of our relationship with our heavenly Father, isn't it?

Is there anything more crucial than this?:

"I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me." ~Pr 8:17

And who doesn't want to hear God singing?

"The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing." ~Zeph 3:17
Amen brother!

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 8:

Seeking God early.
AKA: Making God Smile.

God delights in a heart that longs for Him, and seeks Him, and in the morning, He is their first thought, for they LOVE Him. This must SURELY bless and delight God's very heart.

Isn't THAT what it's all about? Does ANYTHING supersede THIS?

As a matter of fact, isn't this what Jesus Himself said was the most crucial commandment? That we are to LOVE our God with all of our hearts, minds, souls, and strength?

"Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment." ~Matt 22:37-38

Oh that we would seek God first thing in the morning and DELIGHT in the seeking of Him BECAUSE we LOVE Him, amen?

What a BLESSED and DELIGHTFUL way to start our day.

Precious.

iu

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 8:

Seeking His face.
AKA: The Gaze of the Soul.
AKA: Delighting in God.

If we love God, we will long to see His face. It boggles my mind when i hear the focus being on, as Jesus' two disciples focused on, "who" would be greatest in heaven, and "rewards", etc. As if THAT is why we are even going to heaven.

Our focus should be on, the same it should be focused on here, on this earth, and that is to "seek His face" and to "gaze" upon His face. And therefore should be what we are longing for and the first thing we long to see when we get to heaven. And that is, His "face". For there in heaven, we will see Him "face to face". All the seeing darkly as through a glass will have gone with all the other hindrances and obstacles.

Our heart's desire is to "see" Him. To Finally SEE Him.

Amen?

iu

• Agree
Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 8:

Seeking His Face.

God assures us that those who seek Him, eagerly seeking His face, will surely find Him.

We seek God, of course in His Word.

We learn to, through God Himself, love God with our whole hearts.

How delightful is THAT??!!!

Amen?

iu

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 8:

Understanding God's Holy-ness.

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding." ~Pr 9:10

It is only when God grants wisdom, based on the "fear of the Lord" that we can even begin to fathom what God abhors and why.

The bottom line, is that if we don't understand, and are not granted a "holy hatred" for what God abhors, that there remains all kinds of "gaps" of opportunity to embrace God's very staunchest enemy, and that enemy is Satan himself, who is THE "deceiver" and murderer and "father of lies" from the beginning, just as Jesus Himself said he was.

We remain vulnerable to the enemy's ploys, and wiles, and deception when we have not understood nor embraced the "fear of the Lord".

iu

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 8:

Seeking God.

When we seek God it indicates that we "love" Him and/or "want" to. God will SURELY grant what we seek, when it is our heart's desire. It is written that those who love God and seek Him early, WILL find Him.

Even if it's later in the day, or we "forget" or become distracted, we need not lose heart, but just begin again. After all, our God is a God of "new beginnings". His mercies are renewed every morning. Is that not written in His Word?

"It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him." ~Lam 3:22-24

Let's pray that God helps us to "seek" Him with all our hearts each day.

Amen?

iu

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 8:

Listening to TRUTH.

"Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways. Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not. Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors. For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the Lord. But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death." ~Pr 8:32-36

God grants wisdom to those who love, and seek Him, and "fear Him". He "warns us" to not listen to the wiles and the lies of Satan, for as Jesus Himself said, that Satan is the "father of lies" and a "murderer from the beginning".

It behooves us to pay heed to God's warnings and to "hear" His instructions, amen?

iu

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 8:

God Hates Sin.

"Frowardness is in his heart, he deviseth mischief continually; he soweth discord. Therefore shall his calamity come suddenly; suddenly shall he be broken without remedy." ~Pr 6:14-15

Now God DOES hate sin, ALL sin. Yet He emphasizes some more than others.

For instance there are some sins more "slither-y" than others.

A small child stealing a candy bar from a store, or a man desperately stealing bread to feed his starving family, are yes, sins. However it is written that the "intent" of the act is taken in to account.

What are "slither-y" sins?

Those are the sins that God specifically mentions that He hates, in particular. And these are the sins that DESIRE to plot to harm others, by word or deed. It indicates a "slither-y" heart that LOVES darkness and abhors "light" and anything that is of God. It is a heart that LOVES "sin", and they go to sleep scheming on how to hurt others, especially the intent and plotting to "shed innocent blood", and yes, even profit because of the spilling of that innocent blood.

God emphasizes the "slither-y" sins here in these verses below. Perhaps 'tis best to heed God's warning of what He hates, and question our own hearts if we do NOT hate/abhor these sins as God admonishes us to do, and pray to God that He changes our hearts so that we do.

"These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren." ~Pr 6:16-19

iu

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 8:

Seeking God.

When we seek God early in the morning because we LOVE Him, it DELIGHTS Him, and blesses His very heart. What a delightful way to start the day, to seek Him early, and to delight in Him and His Word, as He delights in us.

This alone, is going to fill us to overflowing with HIS joy, and as it is written, the joy of the Lord is our strength, and a merry heart doeth good like a medicine. Through this He has literally just boosted our immune systems, amongst other things.

How utterly delightful is THAT??!!

iu

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
In reading Proverbs 8, verses 34-35 stood out for me:

"Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors. For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the LORD."

Precious promises.

91c13777c02015ded5e904c8fe0137c5.jpg

Upvote 0
Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟258,241.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
What is the wisest thing that was ever said by a creature?

"Behold the handmaid of the Lord, be it done unto me according to thy word."

Proverbs 8 refers to Mary the Mother of God before she was immaculately conceived bodily. There is no creature greater than the Blessed Virgin Mary, and no creature knows or ever will know God as she does.
She is Daughter of the Father, Mother of the Son, and Spouse of the Holy Spirt. She is clothed with the sun, the moon is under her feet and on her head a crown of twelve stars. She is God's greatest creation and the Queen of Heaven, as Psalm 45 says of Our Lord, "beside you stands the queen, in gold of Ophir"
She is truly God's consort

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums