newyorknewyork

Oct 29, 2005
new york
✟24,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Have you heard of having a regular "date night" with your spouse before?

Just wondering does anyone do this and if so what do you do?:confused:

Anyone have ideas about some fun romantic things couples can do together? ;)

Im interested in hearing thoughts from different ages and countries :cool:

andiesmama

Senior Contributor
Sep 16, 2004
Florida
✟18,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
squatpuke said:
Each have 2-litter bottle of 7-up...

Sit in the car discussing romantic ideas while downing the 7-up.

Vote on the who has the best or loudest burrrrrppppp.....

Winner gives the other a 15 minute back rub that night.
:D

I'm no good at burping, so I KNOW I'd lose that one...

When my in-laws keep Andie for the weekend, we usually go out to dinner one night, the rest of the time is spent just hanging out at home, running errands, hanging out watching movies or playing PS2 games....

Upvote 0

peanutbutter12

Senior Veteran
Oct 14, 2002
✟21,537.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I would say the perfect scenerio would be to make reservations at a nice hotel somewhere other than in the home town. Don't tell her what you're doing, just tell her you're taking her out and she needs to dress nice. Pack her an extra set of clothes (you should know what your partner likes to wear by now :p) for her as well.

Take her out to a nice dinner, I'm talking 5 star. Then go for a nice walk on the beach or if you're not near a beach, a stroll through the city or whatnot.

Then get back to the hotel, and once she's done oogling the lobby (keep that 5 star thought in your head), go up to the room and get your groove on, so to say. ;)

Then in the morning, have breakfast delivered to the room, then head home in your comfy clothes.

(Note: This is where you scream "I CAN'T AFFORD THAT!!!") Which is why you do something you don't normally do, you save your money. You may have to spend your "romantic time" over the next few weeks as a movie and pizza, but, for one, it will keep your spouce wondering at what you're saving for, and she will appriciate all the effort you went through to do it. Just keep in mind that she's worth it.

And for those of you with kids, you can live without them for one night. Arrange to have them stay with the inlaws or a trusted friend for the night.

Upvote 0

c1ners

Senior Contributor
Dec 12, 2005
US
✟30,977.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Pack a picnic basket with all his favorite foods. Plus:
A bottle of wine.
Some cheese.
Fresh strawberries
And of course some chocolate.
Go on a hike way back in the woods where it is secluded.
Put out the blanket, the food and a little music.
Stay long enough to watch the sun go down and the stars come out.

You don't have to spend a lot of money on a romantic date. Just be together. Let him know you love him enough to plan the whole day.

Most of all. Have FUN!!!!!

Upvote 0

Cordy

“In case I don't see ya…”
Feb 8, 2004
✟24,497.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We are students, so we don’t have a whole lot money to spend on date night. But taking time aside together to romance and enjoy each other’s company is important to us. Last week we went bowling. This week we are going to spend an afternoon “window shopping” through a funky end of town were there all sorts of rare and artsy stores. Next week we are going to an improv theatre. When it warms up, we often go rollerblading, for hikes, or walks to the park so we can play Frisbee or swing on the swings. When we get really busy, we take our Friday night aside, pick up some sushi at the grocery store, and watch a movie on tv.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sarasarabobara

Sep 10, 2005
✟8,753.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1. Take a long walk together (enough to make you work up a sweat)
2. Clean off by taking a nice hot bath together (with candles!)
3. Put on some sweats and cook dinner as a team
4. Pop in a movie with popcorn and cuddle on the couch!

Man, I just want to go kidnap my hubby from work right now and do these things! ^_^

Upvote 0

HeatherJay

Kisser of Boo-Boos
Sep 1, 2003
Tennessee
Visit site
✟41,276.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We love star gazing. We have several different telescopes and we love to go out on cold starry nights, cuddle up in blankets and look at the stars together. It's a great date, with or without the telescopes. Plus we don't need a babysitter...we just put the kids to bed and go out in the back yard.

We try to do date nights at least once a month, just the two of us. That may not sound like much, but we really enjoy spending time with our kids, so we do lots of family activities that feel a lot like dates to me (albeit a bit crowded ;) ).

Upvote 0

HeatherJay

Kisser of Boo-Boos
Sep 1, 2003
Tennessee
Visit site
✟41,276.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
sarasarabobara said:
1. Take a long walk together (enough to make you work up a sweat)
2. Clean off by taking a nice hot bath together (with candles!)
3. Put on some sweats and cook dinner as a team
4. Pop in a movie with popcorn and cuddle on the couch!

Man, I just want to go kidnap my hubby from work right now and do these things! ^_^
Ooooh, we LOVE cooking together. The most fun is when we try something completely new and slightly "gourmet". It doesn't always turn out, but it's still fun.

I just HATE cleaning up...not fun. :(

Upvote 0

Religious Crisis

God is a Consuming Fire!!!
Mar 15, 2002
Minnesota
Visit site
✟10,066.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
My wife and I have a date night which we keep every week on the same day, we let nothing get in our way; if we have something the needs to be done then it is done before that day or after. We like to get some coffee from our fav place, play a game of chess or something along those line and talk until late in the night.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

newyorknewyork

Oct 29, 2005
new york
✟24,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
andiesmama said:
:D

I'm no good at burping, so I KNOW I'd lose that one...

When my in-laws keep Andie for the weekend, we usually go out to dinner one night, the rest of the time is spent just hanging out at home, running errands, hanging out watching movies or playing PS2 games....

andiesmama, that is wonderful to hear that you and your hubby play PS2 together! so do my husband and i! i thought we were strange... (coz sometimes it seems such a kid thing to do! :p) but its GREAT to hear other couples do this too! YAY :D

Upvote 0

Stan53

Dec 6, 2005
Victoria
✟16,411.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Me and my darling don't have date nights. We have dates. I drive suburban passengers trains and my wife is blind. You could say we go on blind dates, but we wont go there. This is how it works. When I finish early, Stephanie catches the train into town and we go do lunch some where. We always try some place new where we haven't been before. Then we have a leasurely stroll and chat (we are both good chatters and Stephanie is really interesting) then we drive home. We have a 2 eyars old daughter but that is fine. We make it a family thingy now. I just love it when Stephanie gets all dressed up complete with make up (yes blind people can do this) and meets me in town.

Upvote 0

Torah

Senior Veteran
Oct 24, 2004
Florida
Visit site
✟12,588.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
"Date Night" ideas :)

Have you heard of having a regular "date night" with your spouse before?

Just wondering does anyone do this and if so what do you do?

Anyone have ideas about some fun romantic things couples can do together?

I’m interested in hearing thoughts from different ages and countries

Over the years we have had some fun date night. We would mostly pick Friday night. And we have had dates with $00. to lots of money. Here are some of the things we have done.

1] No money too little money dates: camping in the back yard. [It sounds crazy but it has been fun].

Fishing date, [we live in Fla and for the cost of bait we fish from a peer at night.]

Sunset date, [we drive to a nice place with a glass of wine and watch the sun set.
One Saturday morning we got up before the sun and drove to the beach on the east cost of Florida to watch the sun come up on the water. Then we spend the morning at the beach ate packed breakfast & lunch there. Then drove to the west cost of Florida and watched the sun go down.

Park date: cook a crock pot of Spaghetti & meat sauce, garlic bread, bottle of wine, paper plates & cups, candles {that the wind can’t blow out} card table, 2 folding chairs, & table cloth. On Friday night we went to a well lit & popular park and set everything up and had a wonderful Spaghetti & meat sauce dinner for the world to see. ( you can do this in your back yard and its still fun.)

Getting lost date: [ this was fun when gas was cheaper] With a brown paper bag dinner, we would get in the car and drive. That’s right ,just drive, we would try to get lost and explore places we had not been to before. We would see some nice places, Then at some point we would find a place to park and have our bagged dinner. Then we would stop and ask for directions to get home.

Sports date: pack cooler with soda, chips, sandwiches, popcorn. We would look for a park that had a little league baseball or football game going on, or high school. Also, high schools have concerts with there high School bands. these were cheep.

2] Dates with a little money: Bingo night date, $1.00 a card.

Horse or dog track date: most horse or dog tracks cost 3 or 4 dollars to get in. 1 or 2 dollars per racing form, they have hot dogs, burgers, chips and sodas. We would make Imaginary bets with the racing form and a pencil. We spend no money on betting but spent 1 to 2 hr having fun.

Dinner date: each Friday for about 2 years we went to the same chine’s restraint for dinner. We got to know the people very well there.

Late dates: Going out at 12;midnight for pancakes or whatever. We have a super wal-mart that stays open all night, We each had $25.00 to spend on our self and did it at 1;am in the morning.

$$$$$ Dates. There has been times when we had the money and spent $100.00 on one night on the town. But the best memorable dates were the ones I have posted. :wave:

Upvote 0